Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• our GM needs to be in running for executive of year

we were 50-51 8.5 games back of Yankees and he went ALL IN
    after all those trade we're 42-15 since.
    Just mashing the ball

Comment

• Blue Jays are going to win it all this year. I really dont see anyone knocking them off. Well played. Its better than Boston who IMO if they snuck in right now would win it all. I cant believe how hot they are right now.

The Yankees are headed in the right direction though, understanding the importance of a strong farm system and KEEPING them. Then maybe get a Price this offseason to add to it. And some damn bats. Donaldson is unbelievable and hands down my MVP this year.
      WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

• Who are the blue Jays?

27 WS. Bye

Comment

• Originally posted by bansaw View Post
          our GM needs to be in running for executive of year

we were 50-51 8.5 games back of Yankees and he went ALL IN
          after all those trade we're 42-15 since.
          Just mashing the ball

He sold a lot of his prospects for this 2015 run. We'll see how Tulo holds up on the turf over the next few years, and if he can sign his three month rental, David Price during the winter.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
            Blue Jays are going to win it all this year. I really dont see anyone knocking them off. Well played. Its better than Boston who IMO if they snuck in right now would win it all. I cant believe how hot they are right now.

The Yankees are headed in the right direction though, understanding the importance of a strong farm system and KEEPING them. Then maybe get a Price this offseason to add to it. And some damn bats. Donaldson is unbelievable and hands down my MVP this year.

The Blue Jays definitely have a great chance of winning it all, but I could see the Royals, Cardinals, Pirates, Cubbies or even the Mets giving them a run for their money.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
              The Blue Jays definitely have a great chance of winning it all, but I could see the Royals, Cardinals, Pirates, Cubbies or even the Mets giving them a run for their money.
              True, but that lineup is insane. Tulo is coming back too. Home field through the playoffs....

Comment

• Cole Hamels didn't start today? He starts game 2 instead?? Oh boy....

When I saw that the Rangers won today, I figured Hamels must've pitched a good game. Ends up he's pitching tomorrow!!
                sigpic

Comment

• Blue Jays lost Donaldson and Joey Bats today. Donaldson to a head injury (possible concussion) and Bautista to a tweaked hammy. Uh oh.

Also, I didnt know Price has lost 5 of his 6 postseason appearances.... Is he just a regular season guy?

Comment

• Hopefully Toronto goes home early

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      Blue Jays lost Donaldson and Joey Bats today. Donaldson to a head injury (possible concussion) and Bautista to a tweaked hammy. Uh oh.

Also, I didnt know Price has lost 5 of his 6 postseason appearances.... Is he just a regular season guy?

Looks like Toronto rolling the dice on their future for this season may wind up being "CRAPS"!!!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• And this is the thing I do not like about a best of 5 Divisional Series. The team that battled all year to secure first place over a 162 game schedule loses game one to the WC team. Now normally in a 7 game series that would not mean very much in a longer series. However in a 5 game series this pretty much makes game 2 for Toronto a MUST WIN game. You go down 2-0 you have to win the final 3 in a row to advance. Same as going down 3-0 in the 7 game series. I just think there should be more of a reward for having finished in first place and I am a Mets fan and have no ties to nor have I ever cheered for the Blue Jays.

However our Mets although playing a First Place team in this round face the same fate if they lose game 1 in LA. That is why I could not understand why they were so lax about not caring weather they won Home Field or not for this series. I can see if it was a 7 game series the first two would not meant as much. Plenty of teams have gone down 0-2 on the road in a 7 game series and come back and won it. But the Mets after all that battling could find themselves just like Toronto in a must win game 2 if they lose tonight. Had they secured HF I am not saying they would of swept the first two games but it makes it easier going out and getting that first game with the Home Fans behind you
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                          And this is the thing I do not like about a best of 5 Divisional Series. The team that battled all year to secure first place over a 162 game schedule loses game one to the WC team. Now normally in a 7 game series that would not mean very much in a longer series. However in a 5 game series this pretty much makes game 2 for Toronto a MUST WIN game. You go down 2-0 you have to win the final 3 in a row to advance. Same as going down 3-0 in the 7 game series. I just think there should be more of a reward for having finished in first place and I am a Mets fan and have no ties to nor have I ever cheered for the Blue Jays.

However our Mets although playing a First Place team in this round face the same fate if they lose game 1 in LA. That is why I could not understand why they were so lax about not caring weather they won Home Field or not for this series. I can see if it was a 7 game series the first two would not meant as much. Plenty of teams have gone down 0-2 on the road in a 7 game series and come back and won it. But the Mets after all that battling could find themselves just like Toronto in a must win game 2 if they lose tonight. Had they secured HF I am not saying they would of swept the first two games but it makes it easier going out and getting that first game with the Home Fans behind you
                          Ha, Toronto should win that first game, they had every advantage. 5 games is fine. David Price is 0-6 in six postseason starts, with a 5.23 ERA. I didnt not know this until I heard it yesterday. He could be one of those guys that just can not pitch in the brightest of lights. Texas stole that game with their #2 starter pitching too. Maybe they knew the Price line and decided if they could rough him up in game 1, they would have the advantage in game 2 with Hamels going to take the 2-0 lead. Thats smart baseball.

Comment

• 2-0 Rangers already in the 1st..
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
                              2-0 Rangers already in the 1st..
                              So much for the postseason thread.... Ill just post here too.

Odor is the MVP so far for Texas. Wow. Smart baserunning there.

Comment

• And a great slide by Odor on the sac fly! Wow! Dude is locked in. 3-1 Texas after 1 and a half.

This play would never be possible if they never changed the catcher blocking the plate rule. Really changed the way tags are being made and allowing more runs now.

Comment

Working...
                                X