New team i'm pulling for is the Ravens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New team i'm pulling for is the Ravens

The more I think about it, I want to see Ray Lewis have one last hurrah. And now that we're not in the playoffs and we're not going to see him embarrass Kerry Collins, we might as well see him carry that team (including Trent Flacco) to another SB. Would love to see him destroy Tom Brady too along the way, kinda like Strahan in his own last hurrah.

Pretty much no other team now that I'd want to root for except maybe the Pack or Houston. Pats, duh. Washington, duh. Don't wan't Seattle or Indy to win it anymore because a rookie QB winning the SB would anoint him the best QB in the history of football.

Don't want Denver winning either because then Eli wouldn't have the "i have more rings than him" argument and would once again be completely in Peyton's shadow. **** THAT.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

But peyton > Eli, so what's the big deal if Peyton wins one more lol.

I'll root for the Ravens though.

Comment

Rooting for the Pats. I like the idea of the Giants being the only team that managed to stop them in the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
        But peyton > Eli, so what's the big deal if Peyton wins one more lol.

I'll root for the Ravens though.
        so true about Peyton > Eli

the year 2000 and that *** kicking by the Ravens taints my view of them, plus even though Johnny isn't as much as a dip-**** as Jimmy he still irks me.

Ray Lewis, like Urlacher in their prime would have been awesome Giants though... despite his early career mishap, Ray Ray has been a long time favorite of mine. So if he gets another SB I can't be mad at that.

What if Jimmy and Johnny square off in the SB?

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

I was rooting for the Bengals..

Comment

Originally posted by carter.525 View Post
            I was rooting for the Bengals..
            LOL I peeked in on them and after that last turnover, turned the game off...

Comment

I was getting annoyed at the pregame analysts repeatedly referring to Ray Lewis as the best defender ever, best lb'er ever, etc, etc.

I understand giving the guy the credit he deserves now that he is retiring, but ummmm let's not get carried away.

Lawrence Taylor.

Comment

Here's my take....it's pretty simple. I don't want anyone catching, surpassing ,or increasing their Lombardi lead on us.

Atlanta - going for their first, I'm ok with them
                San Fran - going for their 6th - no
                Green Bay - going for their 5th, no
                Seattle - going for their first, I'm ok with them

Denver going for their 3rd, I'm ok with them
                New England - going for their 4th, no
                Houston - going for their first, I'm ok with them
                Baltimore - going for their 2nd, no.....still bitter about 2000

Comment

Originally posted by ebick View Post
                  Here's my take....it's pretty simple. I don't want anyone catching, surpassing ,or increasing their Lombardi lead on us.

Atlanta - going for their first, I'm ok with them
                  San Fran - going for their 6th - no
                  Green Bay - going for their 5th, no
                  Seattle - going for their first, I'm ok with them

Denver going for their 3rd, I'm ok with them
                  New England - going for their 4th, no
                  Houston - going for their first, I'm ok with them
                  Baltimore - going for their 2nd, no.....still bitter about 2000
                  I'd actually be fine with NE winning it all.
                  You know it would create the stigma that

"New England won the super bowl.....lucky for them they didn't have to play the Giants"

Comment

Originally posted by njg85m View Post

"New England won the super bowl.....lucky for them they didn't have to play the Giants"
                    Yeah but it would put Brady in the "Joe Montana" category. If he retires with only 3 rings, we won't have to hear for decades to come how Brady was the "best QB ever"...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                      we won't have to hear for decades to come how Brady was the "best QB ever"...
                      FWIW, by the end of his career it's not unlikely that he truly will have been the best ever.

Comment

Originally posted by njg85m View Post

LOL awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                          Rooting for the Pats. I like the idea of the Giants being the only team that managed to stop them in the Super Bowl.
                          only team to stop Tom Brady. Hmm like the sound of that.
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Although a loss to the texans would also be nice this weekend
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE

Comment

Argue with my nephew all the time who claims his Pats our Superior to the giants. First of all I tell him they make playoffs every year because of the rinky dink division they play in. He says ours isn't so hot either. I tell him his has stunk for 20 yrs. also I said how can u say your superior when your SB record for 7 try's is 3-4 while the Gmen are 4-1. We have an .800% while they are only .429. Plus we gave them 2 of their losses including the MOTHER OF ALL LOSSES. They have never beaten us in a SB.

4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE

Comment

Working...
                              X