Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RGIII out 6-8 months with complete ACL, LCL tears.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
    If it's a partial torn ACL, LCL, it's pretty bad. Isn't this the 100% factual diagnostic?
    Didn't Philip Rivers have a partially torn ACL in 2007/2008 and plays with it in the AFC championship?
    Then he came back fine the next season.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Didn't Philip Rivers have a partially torn ACL in 2007/2008 and plays with it in the AFC championship?Then he came back fine the next season.
      Not everyone is built the same way. Also Phillip Rivers is not a mobile guy.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
        Not everyone is built the same way. Also Phillip Rivers is not a mobile guy.
        Yes I know this.
        But there's a lot of speculation here about the kid's condition and prognosis that isn't really based on anything anyone knows.

Comment

Yes I know this.But there's a lot of speculation here about the kid's condition and prognosis that isn't really based on anything anyone knows.
          Well what we do know so far is that he has a partial torn ACL/LCL possibly to the same knee he injured at Baylor. That alone is not good.

Comment

Well what we do know so far is that he has a partial torn ACL/LCL possibly to the same knee he injured at Baylor. That alone is not good.
            Yesterday, 2 sources reported that he had complete tears in both the ACL and PCL and would be out 14 to 18 months.

Comment

Yesterday, 2 sources reported that he had complete tears in both the ACL and PCL and would be out 14 to 18 months.
              I'm not sure if those are valid, since they were taken down.

Comment

So? 14 to 18 months is a butt load of time and those injuries can change your mentality of the game. RGIII is young... He'll have to come back with the mentality that he has to play no matter what. If he comes back and starts worrying about taking hits because he thinks he'll ruin his life with another injury, then he's screwed.

It's perspective, but it does happen to people. Especially since he's a mobile QB too...

Comment

I'm not sure if those are valid, since they were taken down.
                  How long did it take AP to recover from a completely torn ACL and MCL?
                  And what effect has that had on his game or his approach to the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
                    So? 14 to 18 months is a butt load of time and those injuries can change your mentality of the game. RGIII is young... He'll have to come back with the mentality that he has to play no matter what. If he comes back and starts worrying about taking hits because he thinks he'll ruin his life with another injury, then he's screwed.

It's perspective, but it does happen to people. Especially since he's a mobile QB too...
                    You're not understanding me. That report was false.
                    Point being..no one really knows yet what the extent of the injury is.

Comment

You're not understanding me. That report was false.
                      Point being..no one really knows yet what the extent of the injury is.
                      We shall see. I thought by speculation, you meant what will happen to how he reacts to the game. It sure is speculation, but not like it can be false speculation.

Comment

How long did it take AP to recover from a completely torn ACL and MCL?And what effect has that had on his game or his approach to the game?
                        Adrian Peterson is built like the incredible hulk, RG3 although not weak, is very skinny and his legs and knees are not as strong as AP's. AP is physically superior than RG3.

Comment

• Now how many draft pics did the deadskins give up for that pick again what was it 4?

Comment

• If RG3 indeed has a PCL tear, he will never be the same again. ACL injuries are very common, the surgery and the therapy needed to get to 100% have nearly been perfected. PCL injuries are rare and surgeons don't have alot of experience handling them, the location of the PCL also plays a role in the surgery's difficulty. Its hidden, difficult to reach and correct. Also the surgery for acl and PCL will have to be done separately, with proper post surgery therapy after each surgery which will prolong his downtime. If he has both ACL and PCL tear, look for him to struggle to get ready for 2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                              This thread has been created two dozen times already...
                              So has yours, Mr. thread police.
                              Good teams win games, Great teams cover the spread!

Comment

• Bottom line is he never should have been in the game after the first quarter. His knee was buckling when he was PASSING the ball, not just running.

I listened to Mike on WFAN saying that the doctor was on the sidelines, and said he was ok, but I dont know how anyone watching the televised game with replay could possibly have thought he was ok to play.

Maybe he was ok in a medical sense, but no way was he ok in a football sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X