Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RGIII out 6-8 months with complete ACL, LCL tears.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoanokeFan
    started a topic RGIII out 6-8 months with complete ACL, LCL tears.

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescri...e/Default.aspx

Excerpt: "Dr. James Andrews, the well known orthopedic surgeon is worried about the knee of Redskins rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III ever since he injured it on December 9th against the Ravens, Robert Klemko of USA Today reports.

"I'm the one that shut him down that day, finally," Andrews said. "I've been a nervous wreck letting him come back as quick as he has. He's doing a lot better this week, but he's still recovering and I'm holding my breath because of it.

"He passed all the tests and all the functional things we do, but it's been a trying moment for me, to be honest with you."

There appears to be a difference of opinion on the way the Redskins handled the injury. Shanahan said he let Griffin return with the blessing of James Andrews, the renowned orthopedic surgeon, who was on the sideline.

Andrews, however, said on Saturday that he never cleared Griffin to go back into the game, because he never even examined him.

"He didn't even let us look at him," Andrews said. "He came off the field, walked through the sidelines, circled back through the players, and took off back to the field. It wasn't our opinion.

"We didn't even get to touch him or talk to him. Scared the hell out of me." Read more...

• repeatchamps
    replied
    Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]433[/ATTACH]
    ROFLMAO! Not sure this will survive deletion or movement to Smack Talk but it sure is funny to see it up here while it lasts. Wow.

Leave a comment:

• BigBlueOnes
    replied
    RG III

RGIII.JPG

Leave a comment:

• JPP=BEASTMODE
    replied

That should slow him down a bit. It would suck to be a Redskins fan right now.

Leave a comment:

• ELIte4MVP
    replied
    "Anyone excited that RG3 only needs LCL surgery don't get too hyped. If there is indeed a partial ACL tear, it will get repaired, too, and there is exactly one way to repair an ACL tear: Reconstructive surgery. Yes, that means a lengthy rehab. Granted, if it's only a tiny tiny tear to the ACL, rehabbing and bypassing surgery would be an option, but it's an unintelligent one. The ACL simply doesn't get the blood supply needed to eventually fully heal itself, so Griffin would be playing on a ligament that never quite reached 100%. After what already happened, that would be a bad move by the Skins.

Also worth noting: There was a recent athlete who attempted to rehab a partially torn ACL and return to action, Giants corner Terrell Thomas. By early September, though, after all that time proved fruitless, he underwent ACL surgery..."

Via ebenezer samuel on Twitter. Idk how to link that

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    RG III To Undergo Surgery On Torn LCL In Right Knee

http://www.csnwashington.com/footbal...his-right-knee

Excerpt: "Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III will undergo surgery on a torn LCL in his right knee, and at that time, noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrew will determine how much damage has been done to the ACL, according to reports from ESPN and NFL Network.

Itís believed that Griffin was examined by Andrews in Pensacola, Fla., on Tuesday. No timetable was given for the procedure or the recovery." Read more...

Leave a comment:

• Moke
    replied
    Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post
    I saw an RG3 logo/gif that was hilarious of an RG and a G shaped like a wheelchair. Anyone seen that? I saw it on a guys phone but didn't know him and ididn't ask for a copy of it. Brilliant!
    Probably not that funny in this thread

Leave a comment:

• BigBlueOnes
    replied
    Anyone see that RG3 gif??

I saw an RG3 logo/gif that was hilarious of an RG and a G shaped like a wheelchair. Anyone seen that? I saw it on a guys phone but didn't know him and ididn't ask for a copy of it. Brilliant!

Leave a comment:

• Toadofsteel
    replied
    Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
    This thread has been created two dozen times already...
    In other news, Andre Brown broke his fibula...

Leave a comment:

• ShakeandBake
    replied
    Can/Will RG3 come back and play? Yes I believe that he will, however he may never have the same burst that he did before but I have seen people come back from worse injuries.

Leave a comment:

• Moke
    replied
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    How long did it take AP to recover from a completely torn ACL and MCL?
    And what effect has that had on his game or his approach to the game?

RGIII is also a lot younger, meaning his mentality is different.

Leave a comment:

• GameTime
    replied
    his recovery for what ever he will have done is not only just about rehab its about a person's individual make. up. Adrien Petersen didnt just heal so well and fast because of his fitness level it has to do with his bodies ability to heal.
    Look what happned to Willis McGehee in college. If you havent seen go you tube it. His knee was bent back in the opposite direction.....very severe. yet he came back and has had a good career running the ball. Other players that would have been career ending. A lot depends on the idivduals physiology and make up. They all get the bets docs and care in the NFL

Leave a comment:

• TroyArcher
    replied
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Everybody here has all these dire predictions.
    The reality is that none of us know anything about his injury. It could be serious or he could be back next season as good as new with no change in his game.
    None of us know.
    Highly unlikely as good as new. That would be the exception.

Leave a comment:

• BParcells777
    replied
    If he does not go in the shop for repairs and expects it to heal on its own, he will never be the same.....I've seen a lot of athletes who are scared of operations and they evntually pay the price.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy
    replied
    The unfortunate part is that he was injured before he went down as well. We don't know all the facts, but it's not looking good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X