X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Taylor’s pain shows NFL’s world of hurt

I know this is in the wrong place but it should be read

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/1...lors-pain.html

He played games, plural, with a hidden and taped catheter running from his armpit to his heart. His calf was oozing blood for so many months, from September of one year to February of another, that he had to have the equivalent of a drain installed.

Oh Boy.

Comment

What price glory? The things we don't know......
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
        I know this is in the wrong place but it should be read

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/1...lors-pain.html

He played games, plural, with a hidden and taped catheter running from his armpit to his heart. His calf was oozing blood for so many months, from September of one year to February of another, that he had to have the equivalent of a drain installed.
        Honestly, it is sad what these athlete on ANY level endure. And all that for Glory and maybe money...

And I mean everyone from Football to Baseball to Basketball and Hockey, MMA and Boxing...

Modern day Gladiators doesn't even do them justice...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi
          Crazy though right. I mean the guy wont probably live to 50 with all the damage he has done to himself
          Reading that part about the basement room WITH doctors. It give the impression of possible illegality and certainly immorality
          Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-13-2013, 03:25 PM.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
            Honestly, it is sad what these athlete on ANY level endure. And all that for Glory and maybe money...

And I mean everyone from Football to Baseball to Basketball and Hockey, MMA and Boxing...

Modern day Gladiators doesn't even do them justice...
            And, for the NFL, the chickens are coming home to roost in terms of thousands of lawsuits being filed by former players

Comment

nice story, its a sacrifice. i think the problem is some players ,play too long. this is part of the reason tiki retired i remember him talking about how jerome bettis cant walk down a flight of stairs anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                nice story, its a sacrifice. i think the problem is some players ,play too long. this is part of the reason tiki retired i remember him talking about how jerome bettis cant walk down a flight of stairs anymore.
                As a GM though, you see the problem now with all of these lawsuits. How much blame is on individual players? Teams? Doctors? Fans?

Comment

Robert Smith of the Vikings said while I am healthy I am leaving I have made a lot of money time to finish school.
                  Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Comment

Originally posted by ibbill View Post
                    Robert Smith of the Vikings said while I am healthy I am leaving I have made a lot of money time to finish school.
                    Clearly a man whose priorities are intact

Comment

It makes me wonder what Bradshaw, as an example, goes through to play on Sunday????

I will never forget a Wellington Mara interview after Bavaro was released when asked how could they release him. Wellington said he couldn't live with himself if Bavaro ended up crippled for life. I don't think a lot of owners today feel that way.
                      Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-13-2013, 03:44 PM.

Comment

If this is the price of 3 more years Tiki was right to leave

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                          If this is the price of 3 more years Tiki was right to leave
                          +1

Comment

I wouldn't feel too sorry for them:

“Would I do it all again? I would,” Taylor says. “If I had to sleep on the steps standing up for 15 years, I would do it.”

That's a pretty strong statement right there

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              Reading that part about the basement room WITH doctors. It give the impression of possible illegality and certainly immorality
                              Yeah what was up with that. If your hiding out in a basement locked away from everyone else something is wrong with whats going on.How are the Dolphins Doctors not going to be found guilty if 5 years from now this guy keels over

Also Taylor has some serious Mental illness to do this to himself

Comment

Working...
                              X