No announcement yet.

Chip Kelly Hired as Eagles Head Coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have a new HC and high draft picks, looks like the Eagles may give us trouble once again

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
      They have a new HC and high draft picks, looks like the Eagles may give us trouble once again
      Yeah, I didn't even think of the high draft pick either. They could probably snag Geno Smith in the 2nd round.

Comment

We are going to run right over them

Comment

Originally posted by Riverboat76 View Post
          Yeah, I didn't even think of the high draft pick either. They could probably snag Geno Smith in the 2nd round.
          Geno Smith is a very poor fit for them. He cant run at all.

Comment

Andy Reid may snag him before the Eagles do lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
              Never fear, PF and KG are here!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by embeshAtYa View Post
                We are going to run right over them
                Right. Like we have run all over them for the past 10 years, even when they were bad...

Comment

Not sure what all the hysteria is about....Some of you are acting like Vince Lombardi was just resurrected and sent to philthadelphia.

By the way, I hope he keeps Vick. Maybe I'm alone, but I'm not overly scared of an over the hill running QB who can only throw a deep ball and stay healthy for 2 games at a time before he get's sidelined by a boo-boo.

Next.

Comment

He needs to get the right QB, but he's got the quickest RBs and WRs in the league. And he may already have the QB who can run the system (Vick). It's not that far away.
                    Mike Vick is perfect for that system. I expect Philadelphia to address their offensive line issues and they will be way better.

Comment

Originally posted by njg85m View Post
                      Not sure what all the hysteria is about....Some of you are acting like Vince Lombardi was just resurrected and sent to philthadelphia.

By the way, I hope he keeps Vick. Maybe I'm alone, but I'm not overly scared of an over the hill running QB who can only throw a deep ball and stay healthy for 2 games at a time before he get's sidelined by a boo-boo.

Next.
                      As long as he doesn’t address the issues of the offensive line then I am not worried about dogkilla at all. That offensive line gets fixed then there is a lot to worry about.

Comment

As a Ducks fan this bothers me greatly for obvious reasons. I am/was a Chip Kelly fan, and now I am forced to hope he crashes and burns in Philly.

I don't see how anyone can speculate accurately right now if he will be successful in the NFL or not, you just simply do not know.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                          Mike Vick is perfect for that system. I expect Philadelphia to address their offensive line issues and they will be way better.
                          Vick is not a good fit at all. Foot speed is only somewhat important for an option QB. Fast decision making is far more important, and that is a place Vick struggles.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue wins View Post
                            http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...a-eagles-coach

I smell a desperate team. Not that I am completely against the giants keeping Fewell and Gilbride. I just hope the coaches and gm realize that it's critical we fix the issues we have on both sides of the ball. Especially now with our division rivals taking up coaches like this.

I know that from college to nfl it's different. But for now this actually bothers me.

What are your thoughts?
                            Good luck running that offense in the NFCE.
                            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                              As long as he doesn’t address the issues of the offensive line then I am not worried about dogkilla at all. That offensive line gets fixed then there is a lot to worry about.
                              I really just don't think that an improved O-line is going to make that much of a difference with Vick in that system. He's a first read guy. If his first read is covered he scrambles/panics, which is absolutely detrimental to the kind of offense that CK runs. Plus, you can't coach intelligence into a player.

Comment

Plus it's not like Oregon is a talent factory. It's not like he's got 1st round talent every year. Oregon is not USC or Alabama. But he knows what guys fit his system well. McCoy will be the best RB he has ever coached, BY FAR. He probably has never had a reciever as quick as Desean Jackson. He has talent in Philly.
                                Everybody he has on the Eagles is more talented than what he had at Oregon. They're all professionals for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X