Manti Te'o Story is a Hoax?.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    And that's the part where I do understand the skepticism. Because I think the crux of this story is "his heart helped make him a fool". And the fact that he was content in NOT meeting her, not going above and beyond for someone he feels so strongly about is what gives someone pause. That said, I think it speaks to who Teo is as a person. I think he's trusting to a fault and that it stems from faith. I think that's why the Director of Athletics from N.D. cried for him. The kid is honest and mistakenly puts his values on others. I mean, obviously time will tell, but I'm on his side. I don't want to draft him, didn't even before the national championship game tbh, I just hate to see someone's life ruined because of media sensationalism and the lies of others. Perhaps Im a little sensitive because I was close to 2 people who, despite most of us warning against it because how fishy it seemed, fell for similar online scams.
    I Understand what you are say, and if somemore information comes out that shows Te'o was duped I will be the first to say on this forum that I was wrong and a lot of people owe himan apology. But after looking at everything I still doubt that Te'o wasn't in on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
      I Understand what you are say, and if somemore information comes out that shows Te'o was duped I will be the first to say on this forum that I was wrong and a lot of people owe himan apology. But after looking at everything I still doubt that Te'o wasn't in on this.
      Much respect. If we still had the beer glass emotions I'd raise one to you.

Comment

• im fully convinced manti teo lied to cover up that he's gay. the guy's a D1 college football player at notre dame, hot girls flocking towards him everywhere he goes, yet he chooses an online relationship for a year? not buying it. then he tells us she died right after his grandma's death? I think he knew the media and others were going to pressure him about this gf of his and why she's not around him for his loss. think about it, the guy is mormom and playing in a sport where there's never been an openly gay player and at notre dame of all places...he has to hide it. he never went to the girl's funeral? come on now.

just using my gut here.

Comment

• Did you guys see SNL? Highlarious!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...163406334.html

Comment

• Anyone hear the voicemail messages Teo played on Good Morning America? I know this story is somewhat passing by, but to me there's no zero doubt that he was taken for a ride with no part in it.

Comment

Anyone hear the voicemail messages Teo played on Good Morning America? I know this story is somewhat passing by, but to me there's no zero doubt that he was taken for a ride with no part in it.
              yup.. I agree

Comment

Anyone hear the voicemail messages Teo played on Good Morning America? I know this story is somewhat passing by, but to me there's no zero doubt that he was taken for a ride with no part in it.
                I heard it, and saw his interview on the Katie show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2d1iNQkbDA

I'm still convinced that he played a part in this. And it goes back to all the reasons he gave for not seeing her face to face. I think initially with the first few contacts online he thought she was real. I give him that. But very shortly after that he knew she wasn't real, but really wanted a girlfriend who was what she described herself as. He convinced himself that she was real even after knowing that she wasn't. He's part fraud and liar, part immature and gullible IMO.
                Last edited by Cool Papa B.; 01-25-2013, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• ^I know what you're saying. I can get behind that. I don't know that I necessarily agree 100% but I think that's very plausible. Wanting it so bad you just make yourself willfully blind. And pride can play a big part in that as well as his actions after the truth was revealed.

Comment

Working...
                  X