Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manti Te'o Story is a Hoax?.....

Wow!

The story of his girlfriend and her death is reported to be a hoax.

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-te...ason-is-a-hoax

I'm reading it now, very interesting..
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      I'm reading it now, very interesting..
      WOW.....

I don't know who's worse right now, Te'o or Lance Armstrong.

Comment

WTF It's on Francesa right now YES network

Comment

If ND was inloved in this, it would make it even more terrible. Who the heck does these things?

Comment

They just talked about it on Pardon the Interruption.

Now that I think about it..we really don't know that much about Te'o or his girlfriend. Something very fishy is going on.
            Before this hoax thing came out, I heard about how she died and what not and decided to google image her..I didn't get back many results. I think maybe like one picture but that's about it.

Definitely strange.

Comment

Notre Dame Statement: Manti Te’o

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/notre...#ixzz2IBH9eIP5

So wait.....are they saying Te'o never actually met the girl, but someone pretending to be her and then lied to him about her dying of Luekemia? That doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
                Notre Dame Statement: Manti Te’o

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/notre...#ixzz2IBH9eIP5

So wait.....are they saying Te'o never actually met the girl, but someone pretending to be her and then lied to him about her dying of Luekemia? That doesn't make any sense.
                What? that's..what?

So he never met the girl and apparently "Lennay" is really somebody else. So he thinks he's talking to the actual girl when in fact he's talking to someone else. Then what about all the stuff about how they met at the Stanford game? He can't be a victim of a hoax if he came out and said he met the girl..

Comment

They just talked about it on Pardon the Interruption.

Now that I think about it..we really don't know that much about Te'o or his girlfriend. Something very fishy is going on.
                  Before this hoax thing came out, I heard about how she died and what not and decided to google image her..I didn't get back many results. I think maybe like one picture but that's about it.

Definitely strange.
                  Yea, there was almost no info about her the entire time. I always thought it was strange, because the media usually loves digging around in things

Comment

What? that's..what?

So he never met the girl and apparently "Lennay" is really somebody else. So he thinks he's talking to the actual girl when in fact he's talking to someone else. Then what about all the stuff about how they met at the Stanford game? He can't be a victim of a hoax if he came out and said he met the girl..
                    What I think they are saying is that the girl he met at the Stanford/ND game wasn't Lennay, but an imposter. And all this timer they she had been telling him she was Lennay from Stanford who got into a car accident and has luekemia. At least that's what it sounds like ND is saying.

Comment

What I think they are saying is that the girl he met at the Stanford/ND wasn't Lennay, but an imposter. At least that's what it sounds like ND is saying.
                      So then who is that imposter girl? The girl's picture they used for "Lennay" doesn't even know Te'o and I doubt that's her. She doesn't even know what's going on...

Comment

So then who is that imposter girl? The girl's picture they used for "Lennay" doesn't even know Te'o and I doubt that's her. She doesn't even know what's going on...
                        According to the story that was a random picture Te'o and his friend found on facebook:

"This week, we got in touch with a woman living in Torrance, Calif. We'll call her Reba, to protect her identity. She was initially confused, then horrified to find that she had become the face of a dead woman. "That picture," she told us over the phone, "is a picture of me from my Facebook account."

If ND is going with that story then the million dollar question is who did Te'o actually meet after the Stanford game? A ghost LOL LOL

Te'o is lying and I have a bad feeling that ND is in on this.

Comment

According to the story that was a random picture Te'o and his friend found on facebook:

"This week, we got in touch with a woman living in Torrance, Calif. We'll call her Reba, to protect her identity. She was initially confused, then horrified to find that she had become the face of a dead woman. "That picture," she told us over the phone, "is a picture of me from my Facebook account."

If ND is going with that story then the million dollar question is who did Te'o actually meet after the Stanford game? A ghost LOL LOL

Te'o is lying and I have a bad feeling that ND is in on this.
                          Yeah, like wtf? did he lie about meeting a girl at the Stanford game then?

Sorry, but I find it kind of hard to believe that someone would fall trap to being in an online relationship with nobody for a year lol. Also, according to him, he talked to "Lennay" every night. Well she doesn't exist, so who the hell were you talking to?
                          If this is all true then his stock is just going to plummet way down. This is twisted.

Comment

This story kinda reminds me of this high school football player who pretended to have scholarship offers to Oregon, Washington and a few other PAC-12 schools. He even went so far as to have a press conference at his school to announce which school he was going to sign with. Just before his graduation everyone found out there were no scholarship offers at all.

When they asked him why he did it he replied "I just wanted someone to want me to go and play for their school."

Comment

Te'o's got some explain' to do. Why claim he knows a girl who never died and doesn't exist?

This whole deal is really confusing.

Comment

Working...
                              X