Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NFL is Dyiing a slow death

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...cflstyle-field

Competition committee was looking into widening the field in the name of player safety, Which is BS. The NFL wont be happy until Defense is completely phased out of the game. I dont know about u guys but if they widen the field I am done, The game will be screen pass after screen pass to 5'9" 174 pound WR's running around in space . There will be No more size on the Dline, the game wont be recognized by us today

Wow, pretty soon QB's will be throwing for 6,000 yards easily.
    I can't believe this.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

What a shame. *There are no other words*.
      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

It will never happen. Its like people talking about raising the rim in basketball. You don't mess with success, these guys are paid millions, if a few get seriously injured then thats the risk they take and the reason its the money they make.

Sheesh, people act like we're throwing these guys in the gladiator ring and feeding them to the lions, when in fact its a game that 6 year olds play

Comment

the NFL unfortunately can do no wrong,,,,people will continue to consume the product at a high rate. it is what it is,,,the NFL is by far the most popular league in America and will remain that way for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
            the NFL unfortunately can do no wrong,,,,people will continue to consume the product at a high rate. it is what it is,,,the NFL is by far the most popular league in America and will remain that way for a long time.
            I disagree a change like this will turn many off but your right it would still be the most popular sport. I for 1 will be done though. Im already sickened by the lack of Defense

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
              I disagree a change like this will turn many off but your right it would still be the most popular sport. I for 1 will be done though. Im already sickened by the lack of Defense
              I don't think it will turn many away,,turn them off,,maybe,,,but will they still turn their TV's on Sundays? you bet. are you gonna stop making draft videos? hopefully not, you love it too much,,and besides Jedi,,do most fans even know how wide the field is anyway?

Comment

50 yards right?

Comment

Originally posted by 22for25 View Post
                  50 yards right?
                  53 1/3 yards wide, I believe.

Comment

Add in the fact that more and more people don't want their kids playing football, it's understandable why the NFL is getting soft. I mean even Obama said that if he had a son he wouldn't want him playing football.

I wouldn't be surprised if 20-30 yrs down the road, the MLS would be more popular than the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                      http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...cflstyle-field

Competition committee was looking into widening the field in the name of player safety, Which is BS. The NFL wont be happy until Defense is completely phased out of the game. I dont know about u guys but if they widen the field I am done, The game will be screen pass after screen pass to 5'9" 174 pound WR's running around in space . There will be No more size on the Dline, the game wont be recognized by us today
                      This will never happen gentlemen. One thing is for sure the NFL isn't stupid, they're not turning into CFL II and expect the same results and success. Plain and simple.
                      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
                        Add in the fact that more and more people don't want their kids playing football, it's understandable why the NFL is getting soft. I mean even Obama said that if he had a son he wouldn't want him playing football.

I wouldn't be surprised if 20-30 yrs down the road, the MLS would be more popular than the NFL.
                        bingo,,if the NFL indeed is dying a slow death it from the outside in, just like you said,,,parents will just funnel their kids into safer sports,,like baseball or basketball which is great because of the guaranteed contracts.

Comment

The NFL is not dying a slow death and the field will not be widened. Ridiculous.

Comment

Collisions are the big problem and they are the result of wearing too much protective gear. Why do rugby players suffer less head trauma than NFL players? No helmets. They don't run into each other, they wrap up tackle. The NHL has a similar problem in regards to head trauma from collision checks out in the open or along the boards.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

if they take away kicks or sacks on the QB i'll find something else to watch.

Comment

Working...
                              X