NY YANKEES 2013 Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    why not? atleast now you won't have boras demanding some ridiculous contract like he always does. now there's a chance cano gets a more reasonable contract. jay-z is also a yankee fan so that could be a plus also.

Comment

good points, I do like Robbie.

So do you think the "Era" will be over this Season? Officially?

I have a feeling that both Mo and the Captain ride off into Baseball immortality at this Season's end.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

my gosh...this is a brutal game to watch.

Girardi needs walking papers and maybe Cashman too.

Hank, Hal wake the fridge up!

Comment

i think they just need to start getting younger. petitte i think should retire after this year. kuroda is hurt now plus he's starting his 40's. hughes needs to go. no need to resign him. he's been mediocre his whole career so far. hopefully pineda bounces back well from his injury. no need for wells or overbay to be on this team next year either. they are both washed up players. if arod didnt have that ridiculous contract i would want him gone after this year also. rivera will obviously be gone after this year. joba needs to go. hopefully either romine or sanchez will be fully ready to play at the major league level next year and if not find someone out there on the market. get rid of stewart and cervelli. they both are not even capable backups in my mind.

Comment

i think they just need to start getting younger. petitte i think should retire after this year. kuroda is hurt now plus he's starting his 40's. he'll be gone by the start of next season. hughes needs to go. no need to resign him. he's been mediocre his whole career so far. hopefully pineda bounces back well from his injury. no need for wells or overbay to be on this team next year either. they are both washed up players. if arod didnt have that ridiculous contract i would want him gone after this year also. rivera will obviously be gone after this year. joba needs to go. hopefully either romine or sanchez will be fully ready to play at the major league level next year and if not find someone out there on the market. get rid of stewart and cervelli. they both are not even capable backups in my mind.

Comment

I happen to be one of the few Giants fans thats actually a Mets fan. So stop your complaining with your 17 or so titles. Mets are pathetic compared to Yankees so I don't want to hear it
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                I happen to be one of the few Giants fans thats actually a Mets fan. So stop your complaining with your 17 or so titles. Mets are pathetic compared to Yankees so I don't want to hear it
                Well unlike other yankee fans i dont dwell on the past. all those titles are great and all but i focus on the here and now. sorry if i want to see my team compete and not looking like it might not even get higher than 4th place.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                  Its 27

Comment

LOL, rubbed it in.

as to not complaining, why not? Some of us like the Yankees for being the Yankees NOT for some kind of "arrogant superiority" issue.

Comment

I feel very badly for all my Yankee fan friends. Its going to be a long season, dwelling in the cellar for the Yanks this season.
                      Your team are the Sox of last year.
                      We however.......are re-establishing our dynasty which began in 2004. We have cast off the disgrace of Bobby V and are taking our rightful place atop Major league Baseball.
                      Another WS this season will put us back on track as the team of the new century.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Anyone else notice the announcers love affair with the Red Sox rookie left fielder on Monday? It was the usual espn biased bull****, the kid got turned around the wrong way on a line shot by cano and recovered to make the play. You would of thought it was Willie mats in the World Series.

Comment

Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
                          Anyone else notice the announcers love affair with the Red Sox rookie left fielder on Monday? It was the usual espn biased bull****, the kid got turned around the wrong way on a line shot by cano and recovered to make the play. You would of thought it was Willie mats in the World Series.
                          You're a Yankee fan?
                          That just makes my day. Its going to be a fun season of smack.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            You're a Yankee fan?That just makes my day. Its going to be a fun season of smack.
                            Agreed it will be fun for you.... Not so much for me, Vernon wells hits 5th on this team

Comment

Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
                              Agreed it will be fun for you.... Not so much for me, Vernon wells hits 5th on this team
                              Daniel Nava hit fifth for us last year.

Comment

Not good! I have tried to be optomistic becuase of the staff and pen and thinking we could get solid contributions from at least a couple of these scrap heapers to go with Jeets , Cano, Youk, and Ichiro... And to be honest, i'm still optomistic CC will pitch like CC and Pettitte and Kuroda will be fine, and also Phelps and Hughes will help out... The thing u can never account for is Joe "idiot" Giardi.. The guy makes ridiculous moves and decisons all the time, and its extremely difficult to win in spite of ur manager.. What he did with Cody Epply last night was ridiculous.. Getting rid of Ardsma for Epply becuase Epply can pitch multiple innings is so stupid... Anyone with half of brain knew we got lucky contributions with Epply last yr, and u gotta be smart to know that and let em go so u can say u got a bargain.. When u hold on to em untill u get what they truly are, which isn't good, u end up taking ur bargain away, as it ends up evening out...

Robinson Cano really needs to start hitting and like now! I know its been 2games, but he was terrible in the postseason as well, and its not like this guy drove in 100runs last yr and hit 325... If ur gonna ask for 200mill(rumoured), u better produce more often then not, and at the beggining of the season is huge for cano, because he left sour taste in fans mouths with horrendus postseason last yr..

Bottom line, i think our pitching is gonna be fine, and some of these scrap heapers(vern wells?) are gonna be big for us, and we'll start winning games, but guys like Cano have to flat out rake, and giardi can't be a moron..

Comment

Working...
                                X