Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Jets . . . lol . . . what a mess

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Jets . . . lol . . . what a mess

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...k-competition/

  • #2
    that's one great QB camp battle..!

    Comment


    • #3
      I can bet it goes with Matt Sanchez and Garrard, with Kolb fighting David if they decide to go 2 QBs right there.

      I can see Garrard impressing and it seems so "Jet-like" to go with Garrard over Kolb.

      McElroy is done IMO.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Moke View Post
        I can bet it goes with Matt Sanchez and Garrard, with Kolb fighting David if they decide to go 2 QBs right there.

        I can see Garrard impressing and it seems so "Jet-like" to go with Garrard over Kolb.

        McElroy is done IMO.
        lol... I had the misfortune of watching the Jets-cardinals game... that was so bad that the Pro Bowl was better... And I don't mean this year's pro bowl, I mean the 2010 one...

        I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

        Comment


        • #5
          I sort of feel bad for Tebow---what a waste of a trade last season. He barely got in the games and makes you wonder what Woody was thinking? So any development Tebow was making going into last season, was definitely stunted playing for that organization. Tebow was not an all pro by any means at the position, but he seems like a real good guy, and shows a lot of leadership, heart and fire. So if he gets released, I wonder who picks him up, and if so, will he ever get a chance to start and improve/develop further as an NFL QB?

          But if Kolb gets signed by the Jets, I could see he or Garrard winning a QB competition over Sanchez. Sanchez has not impressed me at all since coming into the league. I just think he was an overhyped QB coming out of a big football program(USC). Just my opinion.

          Comment


          • #6
            please don't be on Hard Knocks again

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tonyt830 View Post
              I sort of feel bad for Tebow---what a waste of a trade last season. He barely got in the games and makes you wonder what Woody was thinking? So any development Tebow was making going into last season, was definitely stunted playing for that organization. Tebow was not an all pro by any means at the position, but he seems like a real good guy, and shows a lot of leadership, heart and fire. So if he gets released, I wonder who picks him up, and if so, will he ever get a chance to start and improve/develop further as an NFL QB?

              But if Kolb gets signed by the Jets, I could see he or Garrard winning a QB competition over Sanchez. Sanchez has not impressed me at all since coming into the league. I just think he was an overhyped QB coming out of a big football program(USC). Just my opinion.
              Tebow was clearly lied to. It's blatantly obvious that he would not have signed with the Jets if he knew how he would be used. McElroy could be a good NFL QB, but I really don't know where he goes from here.

              In the end, Sanchez likely still has to have his spot "taken" from him. This is the Jets after all -- they gave him that ridiculous extension, and rarely justify benching players that they have to pay so much for.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by njg85m View Post
                Tebow was clearly lied to. It's blatantly obvious that he would not have signed with the Jets if he knew how he would be used. McElroy could be a good NFL QB, but I really don't know where he goes from here.

                In the end, Sanchez likely still has to have his spot "taken" from him. This is the Jets after all -- they gave him that ridiculous extension, and rarely justify benching players that they have to pay so much for.
                I didn't see much from McElroy to make an judgement on what he could be to be honest.

                But I know you underlined that word for a reason.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The gulf between good and bad quarterbacks just continues to widen.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Moke View Post
                    I didn't see much from McElroy to make an judgement on what he could be to be honest.

                    But I know you underlined that word for a reason.
                    McElroy IMO is as good of an example as you are going to get of someone who's career success fully depended on who he was drafted by. He was not NFL ready, but shows tremendous upside and promise. He's someone who would have benefited greatly by holding a clipboard for 3 years for a Manning, a Brady, a Rodgers -- heck even a Hasselbeck or Palmer, and if he was put in that situation he very likely could have had a successful NFL career.

                    He had a lot to learn, but again showed a ton of promise coming out of college. Going to the Jets was probably one of the worst possible situations he could have been put in for where he was in his development at the time.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The Jets are reportedly expressing interest in Darius Heyward-Bey... What is wrong with them, they already have a speed receiver who does stuff-all. They want another?

                      http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ets-not-colts/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        They made their bed, now they have to lie in it. I feel no pitty for them.
                        " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X