Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roger Godell is the worse thing ever to happen to the NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Roger Godell is the worse thing ever to happen to the NFL

    He is allowing the game to degenerate into a wussified version of what it used to be.

  • #2
    Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
    He is allowing the game to degenerate into a wussified version of what it used to be.
    You realize 31 owners voted for this rule, right?
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-20-2013, 07:50 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

    Comment


    • #3
      EVERYONE WATCH OUT!! The sky is falling!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        You realize 31 owners voted for this rule, right?
        it's not only this ridiculously stupid rule Roa ...it's everything he has done since obtaining the position

        worse commissioner at least in my memory with out a doubt ...and my memory goes back to the early days of Rozelle

        next our linemen won't be in 3 pt stances , you will get fined for passing gas in the huddle , and the QB will be wearing flags

        I miss the days when men played football

        broke bones in their face and stayed in the game , bled from the mouth and there was no such thing as turf toe
        Last edited by YATittle1962; 03-20-2013, 08:00 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
          He is allowing the game to degenerate into a wussified version of what it used to be.
          Grab your torches & pitchforks!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
            it's not only this ridiculously stupid rule....it's everything he has done since obtaining the position

            worse commissioner at least in my memory with out a doubt ...and my memory goes back to the early days of Rozelle

            next our linemen won't be in 3 pt stances and the QB will be wearing flags

            I miss the days when men played football
            I understand, but everything is driven by economics and these impending lawsuits from hundreds/thousands of former players, should they be successful, could bring the NFL to its knees. In the meantime, they have to show some good faith effort to reduce head injuries. It's easy to say "sign waivers" or "the players know what they are getting into" but that doesn't prevent them from suing.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              You realize 31 owners voted for this rule, right?
              And to a large degree these rules get made up in the Rules and Competition Committee meetings which are comprised of the owners.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Drez View Post
                And to a large degree these rules get made up in the Rules and Competition Committee meetings which are comprised of the owners.
                We won't know the full impact until the season starts.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  We won't know the full impact until the season starts.
                  I'm definitely not a fan of the rule. The one thing I would like, though, is to have these "safety" rules be automatically reviewed by the booth. The refs are told to throw the flag when in doubt. At least if we had booth reviews checking them, we'd have few crap calls that could potentially cost a team a game.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It's the lawsuits by the players against the NFL that are driving these rules. The NFL has to take player safety seriously and show they are taking steps to improve safety, as they learn more. The players created this with the lawsuits. Godell is trying to save the league

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      NFL = Nancy Football League
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                        You realize 31 owners voted for this rule, right?
                        The same geniuses that brought you the Tuck Rule .... and then over turned a decade later?
                        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Drez View Post
                          I'm definitely not a fan of the rule. The one thing I would like, though, is to have these "safety" rules be automatically reviewed by the booth. The refs are told to throw the flag when in doubt. At least if we had booth reviews checking them, we'd have few crap calls that could potentially cost a team a game.
                          Can you imagine the length of game though if we start reviewing everything?? I just can't take more commercials.
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                            The same geniuses that brought you the Tuck Rule .... and then over turned a decade later?
                            Give them credit for reversing it
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              I understand, but everything is driven by economics and these impending lawsuits from hundreds/thousands of former players, should they be successful, could bring the NFL to its knees. In the meantime, they have to show some good faith effort to reduce head injuries. It's easy to say "sign waivers" or "the players know what they are getting into" but that doesn't prevent them from suing.
                              +1, Roger Goodell is ultimately trying to protect the NFL as a whole. If he was truly overly obsessed with player safety, why would he bother demanding the Pro Bowl players to play with some intensity? Gotta uphold those ratings...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X