Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
    NFL = Nancy Football League
    I liked to see you get out there and play a few downs and still see if you feel that way.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
      it's not only this ridiculously stupid rule Roa ...it's everything he has done since obtaining the position

worse commissioner at least in my memory with out a doubt ...and my memory goes back to the early days of Rozelle

next our linemen won't be in 3 pt stances , you will get fined for passing gas in the huddle , and the QB will be wearing flags

I miss the days when men played football

broke bones in their face and stayed in the game , bled from the mouth and there was no such thing as turf toe
      Yeah, those real men playing real football are now filing real lawsuits.

Whatever, I'll still watch on Sundays.

Comment

Originally posted by njsean View Post

Exactly. It's all good reminiscing about the past, but it's that past which is now impacting on the present.

These changes are less about player safety than they are asset safety. It's the league, and subsequently the owners' money that's in jeopardy. Keeping the league as it was just wouldn't be sustainable.

Goodell is the face of the owners, he's just doing his job.
        Last edited by Flip Empty; 03-21-2013, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          You realize 31 owners voted for this rule, right?
          Yes I do, so he is the commissioner and has zero impact on decisions made? Then why is he getting paid? By the way this is not the only reason I think he has done a horrible job. The NFL is heading in the wrong direction, much of the blame I place on Godell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
            Grab your torches & pitchforks!!!
            Aren't you the witty one. How do you think LT would view the current state of NFL? You seem to be a fan of his.

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
              EVERYONE WATCH OUT!! The sky is falling!!!
              Another witty comment from a real genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                He's doing a good job, actually. He's making positive steps to ensure the league has a long, profitable future.

The owners hired him to look after their investment, and that's what he's doing.
                I guess we will see, can two hand touch on the QB be far behind.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post
                  I liked to see you get out there and play a few downs and still see if you feel that way.
                  So only people who played in the NFL can comment? It would be a very quiet site.

Comment

Originally posted by njsean View Post

Will you watch when it is two had touch on the QB?

Comment

Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
                      I guess we will see, can two hand touch on the QB be far behind.
                      I don't think so. They won't degrade the product to the extent that it no longer resembles the sport it bases itself on. They'll need to find a balance somewhere in between.
                      Last edited by Flip Empty; 03-22-2013, 07:15 AM.

Comment

I think that Goodell's an excellent commissioner.

Comment

to a degree, I kind of concur. On the one hand he's been consistent in his disciplinarian manner of running the business. But some of his calls have been questionable. To the point, Bounty Gate.

What was basically a witch hunt amounted to what exactly?

On the one hand, improving the health and welfare of a player (currently) so that they may have a better future is well-intentioned and should be recognized as a good thing.

But by that same token, you wonder where some of the reasoning comes from and its basis at other times.

I don't hate Roger but I can't say I am enamored by him either.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Lawyers are destroying the NFL its not Goodell.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                              I miss the days when men played football

broke bones in their face and stayed in the game , bled from the mouth and there was no such thing as turf toe
                              And unfortunately it's the fact that those same players are suing the league which forms the impetus for these rules changes.

Comment

Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
                                To the point, Bounty Gate.

What was basically a witch hunt amounted to what exactly?
                                Well, now in any kind of player safety trial he can point to the fact that the players have a history of intentionally injuring each other and he can further point to the harsh penalties that as a league it's something that they don't tolerate.

Comment

Working...
                                X