Roger Godell is the worse thing ever to happen to the NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drez View Post
    Well, now in any kind of player safety trial he can point to the fact that the players have a history of intentionally injuring each other and he can further point to the harsh penalties that as a league it's something that they don't tolerate.
    point taken, but didn't you feel as though that he/ the League vigorously and somewhat crazily went after the Saints organization?

If they had subpoena a number of other clubs, I would have felt like there was a kind of balance...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
      Will you watch when it is two had touch on the QB?
      Most likely not. Has that ruled been passed?

I like to react to things that are presently a reality. I don't bother worrying about what rules might happen in order to get worked up.

The game will be enjoyable until it isn't. Right now, I still suspect it is.

Comment

Originally posted by njsean View Post
        Most likely not. Has that ruled been passed?

I like to react to things that are presently a reality. I don't bother worrying about what rules might happen in order to get worked up.

The game will be enjoyable until it isn't. Right now, I still suspect it is.
        Agreed, but it is heading in the wrong direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
          Lawyers are destroying the NFL its not Goodell.
          Lawyers are destroying society
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
            point taken, but didn't you feel as though that he/ the League vigorously and somewhat crazily went after the Saints organization?

If they had subpoena a number of other clubs, I would have felt like there was a kind of balance...
            Given the current number of lawsuits related to former player injuries, how would the NFL turning a blind eye to "Bountygate" play out in a court room? Would it have benefited the plaintiffs (players) or the defendants (NFL)?
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              Given the current number of lawsuits related to former player injuries, how would the NFL turning a blind eye to "Bountygate" play out in a court room? Would it have benefited the plaintiffs (players) or the defendants (NFL)?
              clearly the players as the argument would have been the League doesn't have our safety at heart, which would wreak havoc with the "leading with the crown" rule and "defenseless receiver" etc.

All I'm saying is, we believe that the Saints aren't the only Team to be suspected of putting out "bounties," but they were seemingly made a scape-goat in the events that ensued. If the League would have say, also implicated the Titans or whoever else, then maybe the focus would have not been so heavy on the likes of the Saints Organization (and Payton, Vilma or Fujita....screw Gregg Williams though, he always struck me as a pompous dip-****).

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Working...
              X