WTF??? Romo worth $108 million??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
    True....and it doesnt matter what he got paid, I doubt he'll serve even half that contract if he doesn't start winning playoff games.

The 55mil guaranteed is kind of high though.
    I'll wait a few days to see the actual language, but if he gets $55M guaranteed PERIOD, that's criminal
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      Isn't that the current measurement?
      Unfortunately
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I'll wait a few days to see the actual language, but if he gets $55M guaranteed PERIOD, that's criminal
        And it's more than Flacco, the QB with the playoff wins and SB.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
          Unfortunately
          I guess that's the problem with numbers, they just never tell the WHOLE story.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

True....and it doesnt matter what he got paid, I doubt he'll serve even half that contract if he doesn't start winning playoff games.

The 55mil guaranteed is kind of high though.
            Like so many big deals, the fine print on this contract will tell the story. NFL.com's Albert Breer reports that Romo will earn $57 million in the first three years of the deal. That's an average of $19 million-per-season. It's elite quarterback money that puts Romo in the neighborhood of of Flacco, Drew Brees, and Peyton Manning. The key number here: Three years.

$19 million a year for someone who has only won one playoff game. LOL

Comment

Usually I'll try to find a way to go against the grain and at least try to make an argument to the contrary of prevailing opinion.

I got nothing here.

This signing simply makes no sense at all. The kid simply hasn't done anything close to enough to justify this kind of contract. What was he gunna do?...Hold out if they only offered $90MM?
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Comment

When Donovan McNabb is crapping on your QB... well, you are probably in trouble. lol

Comment

Jerry Jones is on crack!

Comment

McNabb should probably shut it... he did more in the playoffs but he had Romo-itis also. Plus the one playoff win? Against McNabb.

But I agree with him.

Comment

Originally posted by radar-ray View Post
                        Jerry Jones is on crack!
                        Or at least he seems to be having an "Al Davis moment".
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

@toddarcher: Tony Romo's new cap # this year - $11.818m. Saves $5m of space this year

Now they got enough space to sign their draft picks. His cap hit over the next couple years will probably be about 25 million a year.. LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            Usually I'll try to find a way to go against the grain and at least try to make an argument to the contrary of prevailing opinion.

I got nothing here.

This signing simply makes no sense at all. The kid simply hasn't done anything close to enough to justify this kind of contract. What was he gunna do?...Hold out if they only offered $90MM?
                            I think objectivity and popular opinion are one in the same on this one.

Comment

I understand that's what's being reported but, as with Welker's contract was reported as "all guaranteed" by those very same media heads, we learned in a few days time maybe not.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X