No announcement yet.

WTF??? Romo worth $108 million??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's post season record really shouldn't matter to us. We aren't the fan base of the Buttboys. What should matter is his performances against us. It isn't something I'm overjoyed about continuing. I mean, does it make a difference in the long run. No. I pretty much expected Romo to stick around down there, but the idea of him leaving had its pluses.

Comment

Still laughing about this!

Comment

Originally posted by njsean View Post
        He's post season record really shouldn't matter to us. We aren't the fan base of the Buttboys. What should matter is his performances against us. It isn't something I'm overjoyed about continuing. I mean, does it make a difference in the long run. No. I pretty much expected Romo to stick around down there, but the idea of him leaving had its pluses.
        Nope, we can do MUCH worse if he leaves. We have had our share of success against him and he is not at all good in crunch time. Leave him there and let the coboys hang for another 6 years. When we are on our game, we have no trouble defeating the Cowboys with TR at the healm. Go Blue!!
        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Comment

Romo must have some interesting pictures of Jerry Jones locked up in a vault.

Comment

worth every penny

Comment

Good news for us Giants fans. The Cowboys won't be a threat to us for at least another 6 years.
                I couldn't wait to see the comments here, lol.

Comment

JJ has gone full al davis, the cowboys are gonna take a projected 6th round DL with there first rounder because hes the tallest guy in the draft now

Comment

Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
                    Don't forget the whiskey-soda and glazed over eyes!
                    you guys will wind up strapped over next 7 yrs and be unable to resign key players or get FAs due to this
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                      "I don't always hang out in Jerry Jones' white trash mansion.....but when I do, I'm ****ing him out of millions!!"
                      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by njsean View Post
                        Do you really need it explained to you, or are you just being a **** for no reason?
                        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

$18 million per year/$55 guaranteed is good value, really. Like it or not, but Romo is a good quarterback - top 10, easy. Considering how many teams are without anything approaching "decent" at the quarterback position, Romo would likely have fetched even more on the open market. It's just the way the league works.

While Jerry Jones is crazy (clearly the successor to Al Davis), this simply had to be done. Without an extension they'd have lost Romo (previous contract terms prevented them from applying the franchise tag next season), so it was either this or plummet back to square one.

In such a competitive division (and conference) they couldn't have afforded to lose ground.

Comment

Excerpt: "La Canfora retrieved the breakdown of Romo's guaranteed money, which differs slightly from the orginal $55 million:

The extension could be reported as worth a maximum of $108 million, with $55 million guaranteed. But according to a source with knowledge of the deal, the full guarantee -- for injury, skill and cap -- is actually $40 million, which would put him well lower than the record deals recently signed by Drew Brees and Joe Flacco." Read more...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...th-108-million
                            Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-29-2013, 07:55 PM.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

i might be the only one but i feel like this is a move the Cowboys "had" to do. Romo's a really good QB and you don't just let them walk away. They're pretty much priceless. If Romo leaves, the Cowboys are all of a sudden in rebuilding mode.
                              http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                              http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                              http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

who gives a fridge...if anything this is a good thing for us...think about it

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Working...
                                X