No announcement yet.

Rolando McClain 2.0 thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think he point that was being made about Seattle and their picks is that their defense in particular has a bunch of guys that are not first round picks and not the guys that where on everyone else's mock. Who had the guy from WVU going that early last year?

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      Yeah but how good would they have been if they didn't take Russell? They're lucky they had him to put everything together. Don't get me wrong, I still give them credit for drafting him, but everyone knew the story on the kid, and how he had everything but height.
      Their defense is really ,really good.

Not only did the Seahawks get the guys they were targeting but they picked up more picks by trading back

Comment

• The thing about Wilson is that he was a priority for them as well. Listening to Sirius, can't remember who it was from the team they where interviewing, they said that they wanted to draft Wilson all along.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
          The entire team failed last year but the offense was a bit worse. Just an opinion. Not saying they did a great job last year, but do think more games where lost by a lack of good offense than defense.
          I wouldnt say they were worse but it seems like they got a pass from most Giant fans. The offense was feast or famine. 7 times they didnt score 20 points and I believe they lost every one of those games
          Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-08-2013, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
            I wouldnt say they were worse but it seems like they got a pass from most Giant fans. The offense was feast or famine. 7 times they didnt score 20 points and I believe they lost every one of those games
            True, but there where also a couple of games where the offense had multiple turnovers early in the game setting up the other team in the red zone. There was also the second Dallas game that the offense looked horrible. Had the defense not had so many turnovers that game that wold have been another loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by speed3freak View Post
              I too knew little about him, as my area of expertise lies more in evaluating WRs then anything else. Unfortunately, I simply cannot risk my job in order to prove myself to you. But, as I said before, if you have any interest in me profiling a guy for, just let me know.
              WR's let me ask U Cordarrelle Patterson what do you think? I seem to be in the minority believing he is fairly overrated as a Top 10 prospect. I recognize his physical skill but for more then half the season the guy was neutralized in a pass first offense. Tennessee struggled to get him the ball for weeks.I see comparisons of him to Randy Moss in his prime meanwhile the guy managed 1 100 yard game against Troy. Now he has great lateral agility with the ball in his hand but it doesnt translate into his route running. Ive also seen some question his work ethic and aptitude which is hard to quantify from i'm where standing with zero access to the player. Not doubting he couldn't be a Percy Harvin type player but in your estimation is he a slam dunk elite WR like Moss or Johnson. Those are the names I see associated with him.
              Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-08-2013, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                Then why bring it up in the first place?

I'm calling bull**** to your claim
                every couple of years we get a guy like this who wants us all to think he's really Mel Kiper....

Comment

• Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                  every couple of years we get a guy like this who wants us all to think he's really Mel Kiper....
                  I do understand it if he wants to be a writer for his career,

Comment

• I knew Rolando McClain would bust as soon as I heard of that Chron's disease stuff. It just sounded not real to me. The radiers drafting him confirmed this.

Comment

• Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
                      I knew Rolando McClain would bust as soon as I heard of that Chron's disease stuff. It just sounded not real to me. The radiers drafting him confirmed this.
                      What? Are you trying to say crohn's is not real?

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                        I do understand it if he wants to be a writer for his career,
                        Thanks for understanding Redeye.... this isn't a passtime for me, its a job, and I don;t want to risk my future in order to appease some dudes on the giants message boards.

I will get around to the Cordelle Patterson analysis later on this evening, as I have an article due this afternoon.

Comment

• *UPDATE* Rolando McClain has cleared waivers.

Any changes in opinion about him to Giants?

Comment

• Former Raiders ILB Rolando McClain went unclaimed on waivers and is now an unrestricted free agent.No team was going to claim McClain because they also would've been on the hook for his scheduled $4.005 million base salary. McClain can now be signed for closer to the league minimum. Still just 23 years old -- McClain turns 24 in July -- the former No. 8 overall draft pick should generate interest from 3-4 clubs.
                            Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Apr 8 - 5:04 PM

Comment

• Originally posted by bryan_kilmeade View Post
                              *UPDATE* Rolando McClain has cleared waivers.

Any changes in opinion about him to Giants?
                              I doubt we bring him in. The Giants are probably not to keen on bringing in another guy with a gun issue.

Comment

• Rolando McClain 2.0 thread

A source with knowledge of the situation tells Profootballtalk.com that free agent Rolando McClain has generated interest from "multiple franchises" since being waived last Friday.Browns GM Mike Lombardi was openly high on McClain coming out of Alabama, and multiple pre-draft reports in 2010 indicated Giants GM Jerry Reese was going to select McClain with the 15th overall pick. McClain went to Oakland at No. 8, and Reese "settled" for Jason Pierre-Paul. Both Cleveland and Reese's Giants could use inside linebacker help. So there are two possible landing spots.Related: Browns, Giants
                                Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Comment

Working...
                                X