Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rolando McClain 2.0 thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Our linebackers suck so really what could we lose here if we pick him up on the cheap?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
      Our linebackers suck so really what could we lose here if we pick him up on the cheap?
      Nothing. I've always been a low risk/high reward fan, and last year I started to deviate from that with Burfict. Now, **** it, if it poses minimal risk go for it.
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

      Comment


      • we gave a 5th for rivers, dunno why we wouldnt sign mcclain on the cheap

        Comment


        • speed3freak, keep posting your opinions. Good stuff.

          I just looked at McClain's three year stats on PFF, and they indicate he is good against the run (7th best for an ILB last year in only 505 snaps), decent pass rush ability (5 sacks in 2011), and awful in pass coverage. McClain doesn't have to be an every down LB to improve on what we had last year.

          At age 24, I think he's worth a shot now that he can be signed at a lower salary, perhaps a 1 year prove it deal. Bradshaw and Will Hill had off fields problems too, and the Giants got thru to them pretty well.

          Comment


          • NFL.com reports he cleared waivers, and has offers from three unnamed teams.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
              NFL.com reports he cleared waivers, and has offers from three unnamed teams.
              I hope one of them is the G-Men..

              Comment


              • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                Nothing. I've always been a low risk/high reward fan, and last year I started to deviate from that with Burfict. Now, **** it, if it poses minimal risk go for it.
                Burfict was another unfortunate victim of this weird group think that goes on in the NFL. One team sours on a guy, and many others follow. Yes his combine was lousy, but to go undrafted is just crazy. Glad he is proving his doubters wrong.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                  I hope one of them is the G-Men..
                  Would rather have Ogletree

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                    Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports
                    No offense to you, because you didn't write it, but how does this report qualify as journalism. It is nothing but rank speculation.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                      No offense to you, because you didn't write it, but how does this report qualify as journalism. It is nothing but rank speculation.
                      ?? I found it on Rotoworld, just states the Giants could have interest, yes just speculation

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                        No offense to you, because you didn't write it, but how does this report qualify as journalism. It is nothing but rank speculation.
                        Why not ?
                        " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                        Comment


                        • He would definitely be an upgrade over what we had last year and if Dan Connor doesn't work out he would be a great option to have available.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                            No offense to you, because you didn't write it, but how does this report qualify as journalism. It is nothing but rank speculation.
                            Nothing new. It gets people clicking, which is all that matters.

                            Comment


                            • versatility too...keep that in mind. can be the SAM or Mike...and we need both...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                                versatility too...keep that in mind. can be the SAM or Mike...and we need both...
                                he's way to talented to not take a chance on, he is a knuckle head though

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X