Elliott might miss week 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

We had one on this team for a few years that was rewarded with a contract extension once ownership found out. Lol
    And how did that work out for the team?

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

And how did that work out for the team?
      It was a PR **** storm.
      sigpic

Comment

Not sure if the league is Out of their minds or if Schefty is trying to stir up baseless controversy again (Where's the Dez tape?).

Comment

Won't happen, but I don't worry about opposing RBs any more anyway, what'd Zeke have like 100 yards in 2 games against us last year?
          If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
            Not sure if the league is Out of their minds or if Schefty is trying to stir up baseless controversy again (Where's the Dez tape?).
            Like I said, Elliot should sue if he is suspended for a single game.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
              I would lawyer up if I were Elliot. He was already cleared by law enforcement and the NFL just keeps on digging. Even a 1 game suspension makes a player look guilty to the public. He could also lose tons of endorsement money.
              I get what you're saying, but... Breaking the law, and violating league policy, are two different things. Players get fined and suspended all the time, having never broken the law. The NFL conducts independent investigations in matters like this. If they don't like what they find, he may still be disciplined. If it seems like a double standard, it's because it is.

Comment

Good if he's suspended. We dont have anything to prove because we beat a better Dallas team twice last year.

I want to see an epic beatdown, 63 to 3.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

This could be a huge break for us...
                  why? the giants were the only team to hold zeke in check last year. lets not act like the D isnt built to stop guys like him.

Comment

Originally posted by FresnoGiant View Post

I get what you're saying, but... Breaking the law, and violating league policy, are two different things. Players get fined and suspended all the time, having never broken the law. The NFL conducts independent investigations in matters like this. If they don't like what they find, he may still be disciplined. If it seems like a double standard, it's because it is.
                    That's a salient point, but Schefter's quote says it best:

"...Maybe one game, maybe two games, but as one person told me, in quotes, ‘It looks like the NFL is trying to pin something on him.'”

And that's what it's seemed like to anyone actually following this story. There are multiple witness testimonies directly contradicting the accuser's account, a plausible and verified account of how she ended up with bruises, and even text messages asking a friend to lie for her.

Now that's not to say that more couldn't have come out, but if the NFL actually had something, they'd give him the mandated 6 game suspension.

But in reality they just don't want to be burned again by a possible revelation they could not foresee (like Rice/Brown) so they're trying to find anything to stick.

Ironically, suspending one of the NFL's biggest stars is more detrimental to the league than a 'scandal' that was cleared up over a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post

why? the giants were the only team to hold zeke in check last year. lets not act like the D isnt built to stop guys like him.
                      Regardless zeke is one of the best rb in the league. I'd still rather not face him

Comment

Would the Cowboys be able to field a team by week 1? All these suspensions...
                        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

If you do anything detrimental to the league you could be suspended. They still have McFadden and the guy from the Redskins don't they ? But they would be weaker without Elliot. I hope he does get suspended it would help us. I think were going to be as tough as last year to run against anyway but Prescott without Elliot would be so much weaker. So good suspend him. Anything good for the Giants I'm in favor of.

Comment

Dallas Fans will try to use this as an excuse.
                            New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post

+1

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

Regardless zeke is one of the best rb in the league. I'd still rather not face him
                                Huh?? You rather not face a division rival or any opposing team at full strength?? Nah I'm looking forward to that week 1 matchup. The Giants have already proven how to neutralize a plAyer like zeke and we are one of the best running D in the league. We match up very well against them.

Comment

Working...
                                X