Elliott might miss week 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antwuan View Post
    Dallas Fans will try to use this as an excuse.
    Lol. They always have an excuse and hopefully they keep coming up with another excuses after that week 1 beat down whether he plays or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post

That's a salient point, but Schefter's quote says it best:

"...Maybe one game, maybe two games, but as one person told me, in quotes, ‘It looks like the NFL is trying to pin something on him.'”

And that's what it's seemed like to anyone actually following this story. There are multiple witness testimonies directly contradicting the accuser's account, a plausible and verified account of how she ended up with bruises, and even text messages asking a friend to lie for her.

Now that's not to say that more couldn't have come out, but if the NFL actually had something, they'd give him the mandated 6 game suspension.

But in reality they just don't want to be burned again by a possible revelation they could not foresee (like Rice/Brown) so they're trying to find anything to stick.

Ironically, suspending one of the NFL's biggest stars is more detrimental to the league than a 'scandal' that was cleared up over a year ago.

Just saying you seem to be assured that he is innocent of any wrong doing because he wasn't charged...thats not how it works the burden of proof is different in court than an NFL or any business entity.
      people commit crimes and aren't charged often as much as that sucks its true and there's many ways at this.

but I reserve judgement til more info comes out bc anyone trying to claim h3e innocent and just a scapegoat seems to be a little bit blinded by fandom which i totally get.

IF he gets suspended you think it will solely be for issues outside of his behavior?

Comment

I guess the more fitting question would be do you believe you know as much about the situation as the nfl?

Comment

That's a salient point, but Schefter's quote says it best:

"...Maybe one game, maybe two games, but as one person told me, in quotes, ‘It looks like the NFL is trying to pin something on him.'”

And that's what it's seemed like to anyone actually following this story. There are multiple witness testimonies directly contradicting the accuser's account, a plausible and verified account of how she ended up with bruises, and even text messages asking a friend to lie for her.

Now that's not to say that more couldn't have come out, but if the NFL actually had something, they'd give him the mandated 6 game suspension.

But in reality they just don't want to be burned again by a possible revelation they could not foresee (like Rice/Brown) so they're trying to find anything to stick.

Ironically, suspending one of the NFL's biggest stars is more detrimental to the league than a 'scandal' that was cleared up over a year ago.

Like was mentioned it doesn't matter if he was cleared of wrong doing by law enforcement or not. The NFL has its own set of standards they go by and if they feel he violated their Code of Conduct Policy the can and will discipline him how they see fit

Weather it's a fine and suspension of some sort or just a fine or nothing. Will have to wait and see. Trust me this whole thing with Eli and the Sports items that were supposed to be game worn will be looked at by the NFL as well
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
            Just saying you seem to be assured that he is innocent of any wrong doing because he wasn't charged...thats not how it works the burden of proof is different in court than an NFL or any business entity.
            people commit crimes and aren't charged often as much as that sucks its true and there's many ways at this.

but I reserve judgement til more info comes out bc anyone trying to claim h3e innocent and just a scapegoat seems to be a little bit blinded by fandom which i totally get.

IF he gets suspended you think it will solely be for issues outside of his behavior?

I understand that the burden of proof is different for a private matter than a legal one. That's not really what I was talking about.

I'm talking about the 4 witness testimonies that contradict the accuser's, including a signed affidavit by the accuser's friend (and text message records; both of which you can read online) that confirmed that the accuser asked her to lie about what happened.

If the NFL uncovered more then I'd understand. But the point I'm making is that if the NFL did indeed uncover something concrete, they would enforce their own standard of a minimum sentence of 6 games.

There's just a logical dissonance there.

Comment

I understand that the burden of proof is different for a private matter than a legal one. That's not really what I was talking about.

I'm talking about the 4 witness testimonies that contradict the accuser's, including a signed affidavit by the accuser's friend (and text message records; both of which you can read online) that confirmed that the accuser asked her to lie about what happened.

If the NFL uncovered more then I'd understand. But the point I'm making is that if the NFL did indeed uncover something concrete, they would enforce their own standard of a minimum sentence of 6 games.

When in doubt, the NFL will just make it up. Different rules for different people is unfair but it is nothing new.
              It is particularly odd when they can't even follow their own rules.

Running backs are unique. A few less rushes early in the year may make him fresher in week 15.
              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Probably has something to do with a combination of the domestic violence incident and the incident where he pulled a woman's top down. If he does get suspended it will be very interesting to see if he appeals

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

You wanna see Elliot run for 200 yards and 3 TD or -10 yards?
                  not against the Giants
                  sometimes early in the season I even bench opposing rivals against the Giants but the title is oh so tempting

Comment

do you believe you know as much about the situation as the NFL?

it's been scientifically approached, the topic of witness testimony. It's not as reliable as 1 might think. For a variety of reasons especially in a situation involving a high value persona. And the reliability or lack thereof can work for or against the celebrity. So just asking, and it seems condescending but it's really not meant to be; do you know ad much about the situation as the nfl?

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                      do you believe you know as much about the situation as the NFL?

it's been scientifically approached, the topic of witness testimony. It's not as reliable as 1 might think. For a variety of reasons especially in a situation involving a high value persona. And the reliability or lack thereof can work for or against the celebrity. So just asking, and it seems condescending but it's really not meant to be; do you know ad much about the situation as the nfl?
                      The NFL has basically screwed up every DV issue it has ever touched. Wouldn't take much to know more than the NFL about these issues.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

The NFL has basically screwed up every DV issue it has ever touched. Wouldn't take much to know more than the NFL about these issues.
                        I agree 100%. Now they are basically in "cover your ***" mode. I hope in their next CBA that they totally overhaul their disciplinary tactics.
                        sigpic

Comment

mcfadden is no slouch. we still gonna have to bring it.

Comment

So now there's a story that Elliott knocked out a DJ at a Dallas Bar

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/0...llas-area-bar/

Wasn't sure how credible the link was so i Googled the topic and there is about 10+ other links on it
                            Last edited by miked1958; 07-17-2017, 10:14 PM.
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                            X