Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gettleman

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...eneral-manager

I hope he finds his way back into the organization - he's a sharp guy and I thought did well with Carolina. Frankly if there ever is a change up front with JR I'd bet he's on a short list.
    "Release the Kraken!"

- Dan Dierdorf, Giants vs Dolphins, 10/30/2011

Yeah I saw that.

I like Dave and spoke with him several times about the Giants over the years.

Maybe he was a bit too inflexible? That's the feeling I get from the outside.

Comment

And people thought he was the brain behind JR. You "imgrates" better be happy you have Jerry

i just wish Gettlemen ruined a team in our division hahah

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
        And people thought he was the brain behind JR. You "imgrates" better be happy you have Jerry

How did he ruin the Panthers? By building a consistent playoff team?

If I were a betting man I'd lay odds that the Panthers overall fortunes do not increase based on this.

Comment

"Ruined a team"? They made the playoffs in three of his four years, including a trip to the Super Bowl in 2015.

Comment

This is curious... Maybe it turns out Christian McCaffery was a terrible fit for that team after all? It isn't even training camp though I doubt it has to do with this class.. But very curious.
            Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

Traded Ealey and let Josh Norman walk without a decent backup plan. They went from Superbowl to not making the playoffs....Then the locker room was lost.

He made some good picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds.....But yeah, his free agent moves ruined the team. I stand by that and based on twitter responses, his players feel the same way.

He seems like a draft guru that has issues dealing with guys he brings in. Or maybe he tried to ship off guys that weren't his guys...a la Chip kelly. That seems to never work well.

In that period of time, JR built a top 5 defense and an offense to match (Hopefully)

Comment

Traded Ealey and let Josh Norman walk without a decent backup plan. They went from Superbowl to not making the playoffs....Then the locker room was lost.

He made some good picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds.....But yeah, his free agent moves ruined the team. I stand by that and based on twitter responses, his players feel the same way.

He seems like a draft guru that has issues dealing with guys he brings in. Or maybe he tried to ship off guys that weren't his guys...a la Chip kelly. That seems to never work well.

In that period of time, JR built a top 5 defense and an offense to match (Hopefully)
                Losing the locker room is on the coach.

Now the inmates can run the asylum. I maintain they will not be improved as a result.
                Last edited by Sarcasman; 07-17-2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

lol...of course you would think that this was a good move.

Comment

Sounds like a guy who is good in an advisory capacity but not as "the guy."

Obviously Rivera has the trust of ownership and was none too pleased with losing Norman etc.
                    Last edited by TE88; 07-21-2017, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Gettleman, did a Bill Walsh. Move players like Steve Smith, before they get too old.
                      Norman, had a contract but wanted to renegotiate for top dollar.
                      Easley, well like JR ( Hankins, Joseph and Colfield ) tackles are exposable.j

Comment

Working...
                      X