Mara says Colin Kap will be on NFL Roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

I don't think Mara should in anyway ignore his fan base, and have no problem that he mentioned the reaction he got over Kapaernick.

Kapaernick's a smart guy from what I've heard. I think we all can agree that he sought a reaction. Now whether he got what he wanted only he can say.

Football is entertainment, and Americans value their entertainment.
    Well then he being selective about how fans feel. There are several fans (including myself) that would not disown the team if they signed the player. If you're going to talk about fan opinion, talk about both sides.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tcseacliff View Post

they should read this first! Ret. Marine Col. Jeffery Powers wrote the following to the NFL commissioners:
      Commissioners, Iíve been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl and the Giants Stadium. I missed the í90-í91 season because I was with a battalion of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies. My last conversation with one of them, Sgt. Garrett Mongrella, was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl. He never got to see it.
      Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.
      Now I watch multi-millionaire athletes who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for. They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country beside playing with a ball and believing theyíre something special! Theyíre not! My Marines and Soldiers were!
      You are complicit in this! Youíll fine players for large and small infractions but you lack the moral courage and respect for our nation and the fallen to put an immediate stop to this. Yes, I know, itís their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner.
      What would happen if they came out and disrespected you or the refs publicly?
      I observed a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring. I guess thatís much worse than disrespecting the flag and our National Anthem. Hmmmmm, isnít it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone?
      Why is taunting not allowed yet taunting America is OK? You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes yet you allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air. They are so deprived with their multi-million dollar contracts for playing a freaking game!
      You condone it all by your refusal to act. Youíre just as bad and disgusting as they are. I hope Americans boycott any sponsor who supports that rabble you call the NFL. I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines. I applaud those who have not.
      Legends and heroes do NOT wear shoulder pads. They wear body armor and carry rifles. They make minimum wage and spend months and years away from their families. They donít do it for an hour on Sunday... They do it 24/7 often with lead, not footballs, coming in their direction. They watch their brothers carted off in pieces not on a gurney to get their knee iced. They donít even have ice! Many donít have legs or arms.
      Some wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of America. They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire rather than down to safety. On 9-11, hundreds vanished. They are the heroes.
      I hope that your high paid protesting pretty boys and you look in that mirror when you shave tomorrow and see what you really are, legends in your own minds. You need to hit the road and take those worms with you!
      Time to change the channel.
      Powers originally sent his letter to former Florida congressman Allen West. West then posted the letter to his news website.
      As of last week, at least 18 NFL players had protested the anthem by either kneeling during the anthem or raising their fists, according to USA Today Sports.

**** Kaepernick!!
      This is one of the longest takes on false patriotism that I have ever read. I know that it isn't your take on it though. For every veteran that hates what he did, there is one that endorses what he did. I am a 20 year veteran and have no issues with what he did. Allen West is a known buck dancer that I cannot take seriously. For those that want to know what a buck dancer is, send me a pm and I will gladly tell you.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tcseacliff View Post

they should read this first! Ret. Marine Col. Jeffery Powers wrote the following to the NFL commissioners:
        Commissioners, Iíve been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl and the Giants Stadium. I missed the í90-í91 season because I was with a battalion of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies. My last conversation with one of them, Sgt. Garrett Mongrella, was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl. He never got to see it.
        Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.
        Now I watch multi-millionaire athletes who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for. They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country beside playing with a ball and believing theyíre something special! Theyíre not! My Marines and Soldiers were!
        You are complicit in this! Youíll fine players for large and small infractions but you lack the moral courage and respect for our nation and the fallen to put an immediate stop to this. Yes, I know, itís their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner.
        What would happen if they came out and disrespected you or the refs publicly?
        I observed a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring. I guess thatís much worse than disrespecting the flag and our National Anthem. Hmmmmm, isnít it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone?
        Why is taunting not allowed yet taunting America is OK? You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes yet you allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air. They are so deprived with their multi-million dollar contracts for playing a freaking game!
        You condone it all by your refusal to act. Youíre just as bad and disgusting as they are. I hope Americans boycott any sponsor who supports that rabble you call the NFL. I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines. I applaud those who have not.
        Legends and heroes do NOT wear shoulder pads. They wear body armor and carry rifles. They make minimum wage and spend months and years away from their families. They donít do it for an hour on Sunday... They do it 24/7 often with lead, not footballs, coming in their direction. They watch their brothers carted off in pieces not on a gurney to get their knee iced. They donít even have ice! Many donít have legs or arms.
        Some wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of America. They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire rather than down to safety. On 9-11, hundreds vanished. They are the heroes.
        I hope that your high paid protesting pretty boys and you look in that mirror when you shave tomorrow and see what you really are, legends in your own minds. You need to hit the road and take those worms with you!
        Time to change the channel.
        Powers originally sent his letter to former Florida congressman Allen West. West then posted the letter to his news website.
        As of last week, at least 18 NFL players had protested the anthem by either kneeling during the anthem or raising their fists, according to USA Today Sports.

**** Kaepernick!!
        One thing I never understood....What does the national anthem have to do with a handful of bad cops.
        Our police are not a national force. They are hired and managed by cities and towns. Each autonomous from another.

When a few Rams players did the "hands up" thing a few years ago, I thought they were uninformed fools of course, but they weren't casting a wide blanket on the whole country. They weren't disrespecting our military.
        I just don't get the correlation.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

This is one of the longest takes on false patriotism that I have ever read. I know that it isn't your take on it though. For every veteran that hates what he did, there is one that endorses what he did. I am a 20 year veteran and have no issues with what he did. Allen West is a known buck dancer that I cannot take seriously. For those that want to know what a buck dancer is, send me a pm and I will gladly tell you.
          Yes...It means "African Americans who don't fall in line and think the way they're supposed to".

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Yes...It means "African Americans who don't fall in line and think the way they're supposed to".
            You're kind of in the ballpark, but not exactly there. You left out a detail. I will explain it fully anyways. A buck dancer is basically a black person that has opinions that caters to the white side of a debate at the expense of blacks. Another term that is used in similar fashion is coon. If I offend anyone by what I am posting here, I humbly apologize. We are having a discussion here and I am just trying explain something here.
            sigpic

Comment

Well then he being selective about how fans feel. There are several fans (including myself) that would not disown the team if they signed the player. If you're going to talk about fan opinion, talk about both sides.

He was simply acknowledging that more Giants season ticket holders took the time to make their feelings known to him about this issue over every other issue he's faced.

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

You're kind of in the ballpark, but not exactly there. You left out a detail. I will explain it fully anyways. A buck dancer is basically a black person that has opinions that caters to the white side of a debate at the expense of blacks. Another term that is used in similar fashion is coon. If I offend anyone by what I am posting here, I humbly apologize. We are having a discussion here and I am just trying explain something here.
                Personally I thing he's a camera loving, shelf important jaggoff. But that's just me.

The fact that any person presumes to decide what is the "white side" of a debate is troubling.

To me people of all racial backgrounds can have differing views on everything. There is not one point of view that should be adhered to by any group of people. Everyone has a right to their own point of view, based on their own life experiences and judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

He was simply acknowledging that more Giants season ticket holders took the time to make their feelings known to him about this issue over every other issue he's faced.

It is still one sided IMO.
                  sigpic

Comment

This is one of the longest takes on false patriotism that I have ever read. I know that it isn't your take on it though. For every veteran that hates what he did, there is one that endorses what he did.
                    Theres really no way to prove it but I think you're 100% wrong on that. I think most don't care enough about it or they are somewhat offended by it. I don't think there are many that truly support what Kap did. I'v seen vets say "It's his right to do so, so I have no problem with it" But I haven't any that stand behind him and support him.
                    Its not "false Patriotism", G. It IS patriotism to stand up for your country and to show respect for it and those who have fought for it.

Comment

I did not post it for Allen West's take ,i just thought it would give the other side another view! they seem stuck on the race thing all of a sudden! Steve smith is pushing that angle!!

Comment

what does Kaepernick disrespecting the flag and our military have to do with cops having issues with blacks? he needs to take that up in his community or where he lives but not during the anthem, which honors the fallen and the serving military and takes homage to the freedoms we have, to have football, it is not about blacks getting jacked by police?? need to pick your battles!! he is mediocre anyway, that is why he has not been hired , the baggage he brings is huge! Steve Smith is pushing the race angle , it is wrong to do it in this venue!!

Comment

Colin K. He went to college here at UNR. I spoke to gal, who on the janitor staff once. after he got drafted. Her word was he was a trouble maker then. he once started a food fight in the cafeteria and she gave him a mop and stuff and said he will clean it up. So this kid has been nothing but trouble since the day "get go." She also admitted to me that she still speaks to him almost weekly. I'd like to hear what she says about these shenanigans he's pulling. But this kid had a VERY sheltered life with his Caucasian adoptive parents. Time this boy got a taste of his own medicine

(Above stated conversation) was during my daughters inaugural meeting for medical professional studies at the UNR medical studies building a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by giant-4-life View Post
                            But this kid had a VERY sheltered life with his Caucasian adoptive parents. Time this boy got a taste of his own medicine.
                            I'm confused, what does him having white parents have to do with anything??

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Cutler and his situation are apples and oranges. Your post was just fine until you went that route. My whole beef with the Kaepernick situation is that the reasons that he isn't on a roster have nothing to do with football. Go look at the QBs signed this offseason and tell me how many of them are CLEARLY better than Kaepernick. I can think of a bunch that are worse.
                              I agree with this however I wrote in another thread that I think its a combination of his political stand and his on field performance as to why he hasn't been sign yet. IMO I think most of if not all 32 NFL teams won't touch him because they don't feel his on field performance have outweighed his distractions that he will bring to the team. I will give you the same example that I used in another thread.

Put Cam Newton or even RW in the same exact situation as Kap, do you honestly think that they wouldn't have been signed by now??

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post

yep its that simple, coaches want everyone focused and ready to play football if you sign Kaepernick you have the media bothering your players everyday until week 1 to see if he kneels or not. In some ways it mirrors Tebow because the team doesn't need a backup QB being that much of a distraction to the entire team.
                                It's more than that. If Kap had the talents of RW of Cam then he would have been signed on the first day of free agency. I don't think its all that complicated. Vick came back with a lot of distractions and there were riots about letting Vick back to the league but the eagles snatched him up real quick as a BACKUP and also factor in that he missed TWO entire seasons. If your play outweighs the distractions........................you better believe an NFL team will sign you up in a heart beat.

Comment

Working...
                                X