No announcement yet.

Nfc East dynamics flipping on its head/ J.Mathews traded

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish we can have the cakewalk that the Pats have.....

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...quire-matthews

wow. just saw this... bills also traded sammy watkins to the rams.......

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

Hes not their best WR.
        That's what I was saying lol
        If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Ronald Darby an UNKNOWN? Come on, He FINISHED 2nd in ROY voting JUST 2 years ago!
          LARRY "THE DON" DONNELL
          VON "THE DON" MILLER

Positional MOCK draft -

1. DT for Hankins replacement
          2. OT/OG
          3. S for Collins DUO
          4. WR
          5. OT/OG
          6. TE
          7. LB

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post

That's what I was saying lol
            My bad, read your quote wrong.

Comment

Hes not their best WR. He was losing his slot job to Agholor. So they got a good starting CB for a guy that was losing his job
              That is a pretty good deal for the beagles.
              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Hes young, but he is a good player. Mathews is very replaceable.
                I just personally felt he was their best bc he's the only guy I've seen play wr in a Philly uniform and do so well.

a.jeffery is more talented but I haven't seen him in a Philly uniform ao...

my bad if others disagreed I just thought he was their best wr and others did as well it isn t this unfounded notion. That's ridic heading into last year he was viewed in a very promising light.

and Washington didn't look abysmal bc of their preseason game which they were. They looked abysmal bc their personnel. They have Jordan reed and then...

I just was thinking the nfc east def looks more favorable today than it did yesterday.

Comment

Hes young, but he is a good player. Mathews is very replaceable.
                  You are severely downgrading what Mathews did in Philly
                  I'm gonna post some articles here in a sec

Comment

Overall it was an extremely poor showing by Philadelphia. One of the few bright spots on the offense was rookie wide receiver Jordan Matthews who finished the game with five receptions on eight targets for 107 yards and a touchdown.

Through the past three games Matthews has established himself as a viable deep threat, accumulating 285 yards and four touchdowns on just 15 receptions, giving him an average of 19 yards per reception.

Matthews is having one of the best rookie seasons of any wide receiver in Eagles history. He is the second rookie in Eagles history with back-to-back 100-yard games (the other being DeSean Jackson), and with his touchdown on Sunday he became the first Eagles rookie to have a receiving touchdown in three straight games since Calvin Williams did it in 1990.

Matthews has been playing exceptionally well of late, and heís only going to get better. Itís safe to say that Jordan Matthews has a very bright future ahead of him in Philadelphia

*he was among the rookie of the year potential winners all season.

Matthews ends his time with the Eagles after three seasons, pulling in 225 catches for 2,673 yards and 19 touchdowns. He missed just two games over the past three seasons, and totaled more catches in his first three seasons than any other receiver in team history.

The deal also strips of the team of their most reliable receiver.

For all of the improvements the Eagles have tried to make at their receiving position this offseason, the loss of Matthews now just leaves them with a whole lot of question marks, and no receiver they can absolutely count on to produce for them.

Ranking all 90 Eagles players after loss to Packers

Alshon Jeffery ? He has missed a large portion of training camp due to a shoulder injury, hasn't topped 55 catches since 2014 and is coming off of a four-game suspension for a failed PED test.

Torrey Smith ? He is coming off of a terrible season in San Francisco, where he dropped 24% of the catchable passes thrown his way.

Nelshon Agholor ?

With Matthews gone, the Eagles will no choice but to move Agholor to the slot, a role you have to wonder if he is ready for. Although Agholor has had a strong offseason, he has yet to prove he can produce consistently like Matthews did. Agholor also dropped the only pass thrown his way on Thursday night in the team's loss to the Green Bay Packers.

The issue for Agholor has always been performing under pressure. Now, the spotlight is even greater.

As for quarterback Carson Wentz , this move strips him of his favorite target among the wide receiver position, and also removes one of his closest friends in the locker room

*this took all of 2 seconds.

yes Jordan Mathews WAS their best wr.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                      Overall it was an extremely poor showing by Philadelphia. One of the few bright spots on the offense was rookie wide receiver Jordan Matthews who finished the game with five receptions on eight targets for 107 yards and a touchdown.

Through the past three games Matthews has established himself as a viable deep threat, accumulating 285 yards and four touchdowns on just 15 receptions, giving him an average of 19 yards per reception.

Matthews is having one of the best rookie seasons of any wide receiver in Eagles history. He is the second rookie in Eagles history with back-to-back 100-yard games (the other being DeSean Jackson), and with his touchdown on Sunday he became the first Eagles rookie to have a receiving touchdown in three straight games since Calvin Williams did it in 1990.

Matthews has been playing exceptionally well of late, and heís only going to get better. Itís safe to say that Jordan Matthews has a very bright future ahead of him in Philadelphia

*he was among the rookie of the year potential winners all season.

Matthews ends his time with the Eagles after three seasons, pulling in 225 catches for 2,673 yards and 19 touchdowns. He missed just two games over the past three seasons, and totaled more catches in his first three seasons than any other receiver in team history.

The deal also strips of the team of their most reliable receiver.

For all of the improvements the Eagles have tried to make at their receiving position this offseason, the loss of Matthews now just leaves them with a whole lot of question marks, and no receiver they can absolutely count on to produce for them.

Ranking all 90 Eagles players after loss to Packers

Alshon Jeffery ? He has missed a large portion of training camp due to a shoulder injury, hasn't topped 55 catches since 2014 and is coming off of a four-game suspension for a failed PED test.

Torrey Smith ? He is coming off of a terrible season in San Francisco, where he dropped 24% of the catchable passes thrown his way.

Nelshon Agholor ?

With Matthews gone, the Eagles will no choice but to move Agholor to the slot, a role you have to wonder if he is ready for. Although Agholor has had a strong offseason, he has yet to prove he can produce consistently like Matthews did. Agholor also dropped the only pass thrown his way on Thursday night in the team's loss to the Green Bay Packers.

The issue for Agholor has always been performing under pressure. Now, the spotlight is even greater.

As for quarterback Carson Wentz , this move strips him of his favorite target among the wide receiver position, and also removes one of his closest friends in the locker room

*this took all of 2 seconds.

yes Jordan Mathews WAS their best wr.
                      He "was". But he isn't now with Jefferey there. And Matthews wasn't very good. Word is Agholor was beating him out. They just didn't like Matthews anymore. That's why they traded him.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I'm not saying anyone who didn't think he was is wrong I was responding to the notion it was absurd to think he was.
                        fact is he by definition was: most receptions by any Philly wr through their first 3 years so...? But if some disagree fine I'm open to accepting their opini9n and debating them I just felt mine was being ridiculed when in actuality its accurate.

Comment

I'm not saying anyone who didn't think he was is wrong I was responding to the notion it was absurd to think he was.
                          fact is he by definition was: most receptions by any Philly wr through their first 3 years so...? But if some disagree fine I'm open to accepting their opini9n and debating them I just felt mine was being ridiculed when in actuality its accurate.
                          His 800 yards and 3 TD's won't be missed. He was traded because he was expendable.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

You are severely downgrading what Mathews did in Philly
                            I'm gonna post some articles here in a sec
                            Like I said, Mathews was losing his job to Agholor. Dont look at his stats, which frankly are not that good. They dealt a guy that was expendable to them and got a good young starting QB for him.

Comment

Like I said, Mathews was losing his job to Agholor. Dont look at his stats, which frankly are not that good. They dealt a guy that was expendable to them and got a good young starting QB for him.
                              Lol he set their franchise record for wr for the first 3 years with team surpassing d.jaxkson

further, you can say it a million times. He was wentz fav target, and best friend.

you severely devalued his Actual worth...

Comment

Lol he set their franchise record for wr for the first 3 years with team surpassing d.jaxkson

further, you can say it a million times. He was wentz fav target, and best friend.

you severely devalued his Actual worth...
                                He was losing his job!!!! Read an article. He was worth very little to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X