Coughlin supporters have been completely vindicated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coughlin supporters have been completely vindicated

Pay no attention to the Fonzie impersonator with the clipboard....this is a Reese Production.

Meanwhile, TC has helped the Jaguars turn things around. Good for him.

Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-10-2017, 02:07 PM.
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

I would more say that the clean house squad was correct. Tom was part of the problem at the end, but there was certainly enough to share with the rest of the FO/Coaching staff.

Comment

Tom looks terrific....

"I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Very happy for him and a true class act.
        Here's one huge difference between TC and JR.
        TC would always take responsibility when things were going poorly,
        JR never takes responsibility for anything.
        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
          I would more say that the clean house squad was correct. Tom was part of the problem at the end, but there was certainly enough to share with the rest of the FO/Coaching staff.
          Yes, we set ourselves back by thinking that "continuity" is more important than pursuing excellence..Continuity is not an objective worth pursuing imo when EXCELLENCE is not at its core. We seem to pursue continuity for continuity sake.

What was the argument for keeping JR here other than "continuity?"

Comment

I was and still am a huge TC fan but i thought it was time for him to go. Hiring McArrogant doesnt change that imo. They just hired the wrong guy.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post
              I was and still am a huge TC fan but i thought it was time for him to go. Hiring McArrogant doesnt change that imo. They just hired the wrong guy.
              .......and retained the wrong GM. It was time for a full house cleaning including the entire scouting team.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                Agreed and this is not just football either as its a life lesson.
                Things sometimes go south and you have to admit it, learn from it and move on.

Reese the excuse maker. I never wish for someone to lose their job but in
                this case I make an exception.
                sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

for sure, Tom was a buck stops here type of leader, and should be remembered for the great things he did, not the last few seasons.

Comment

.......and retained the wrong GM. It was time for a full house cleaning including the entire scouting team.
                    +1. The Flowers pick was the fatal blow.

Comment

I love TC,heís a lead by example guy which is rare today. But to give him all the credit for the turn around in Jacksonville is a bit premature. He hasnít been there a year yet, that team had talent but the coaching sucked. Iím happy for him but I think itís too early to say he is the only reason they are winning.

Comment

I love TC for what he did for the franchise overall...But, let's not make the mistake of "vindicating" TC from the team's performance the last three years of his tenure here...Do we have to remind people of the team's record the last three years here?

It was time to move on. Unfortunately, it looks like they chose the wrong successor.

Comment

i wouldnt say that, his time had come,

Comment

The frustrating thing was Reese spent $200 million as Tom was already out the door.
                            I think it was time for him to go to, but for gods sake give him some players to coach.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
                              The frustrating thing was Reese spent $200 million as Tom was already out the door.
                              I think it was time for him to go to, but for gods sake give him some players to coach.
                              YES +100%, Reese KNEW he was next & was going to BUY A TEAM!!! ( a defense @ least ) It was time for TC...but the Cancer remained

Comment

Working...
                              X