London or Mexico City?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London or Mexico City?

I know may be you don't care of international base of NFL fans, but I'm pissed of Roger Goodell, he wants a franchise in London, games every week and a Super Bowl, c'mon british people don't care about football.

In Mexico City WE ARE 20 MILLION FANS, we have broke many attendance records in NFL games played here, we purchase NFL Sunday Ticket every year, gear, memorabilia, EVERY YEAR 500,000 MEXICANS TRAVEL TO U.S TO ATTEND THE GAMES and Goodell is still ignoring us. He's a racist!...

European play or Mexican play is another in a long line of things being done by the NFL that have nothing to do with the fans and everything to do with enriching the league and its owners.

I don't want my team traveling across the Atlantic and changing 5 or 6 time zones. Athletes cannot perform at their optimal best and in a 16 game season EVERY SINGLE GAME is crutial.

Just my 2 cents.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

might be too dangerous in mexico. same reason UFC hasn't done an event there. who's even in charge over there?

Comment

Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
        might be too dangerous in mexico. same reason UFC hasn't done an event there. who's even in charge over there?
        If only there was a way to reconcile the american and canadian rules...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Keep in mind, I am not siding with Goodel but merely explaining why he is doing this, or rather why the owners are doing this since Goodel is basically just doing their bidding.

The NFL already has a foothold in mexico. While there is obviously room to grow, the mexican people already spend millions on football every year, as you have said. Europe is an untapped market and expansion there has the potential to open up brand new untapped markets. I believe this is the primary reason. But there is more.

The 2nd reason is security. Mexico just is not secure enough in many ways. Can Mexico guarantee the safety or coaches or players as they travel to games? .What about the wives and children of players, where would they attend school? In many areas of mexico the wealthy are fleeing the country because of rampant kidnapping/ ransoms. I am not trying to judge, I am merely stating facts, There are numberous articles on this topic. Weathy people of all nationalities get kidnapped every day. Your country just simply isnt secure enough, I am sorry to say.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
            European play or Mexican play is another in a long line of things being done by the NFL that have nothing to do with the fans and everything to do with enriching the league and its owners.
            well....nothing to do with existing American fans.....I'll give you that....but it certainly has to do with getting MORE fans in "untapped" markets.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
              Keep in mind, I am not siding with Goodel but merely explaining why he is doing this, or rather why the owners are doing this since Goodel is basically just doing their bidding.

The NFL already has a foothold in mexico. While there is obviously room to grow, the mexican people already spend millions on football every year, as you have said. Europe is an untapped market and expansion there has the potential to open up brand new untapped markets. I believe this is the primary reason. But there is more.

The 2nd reason is security. Mexico just is not secure enough in many ways. Can Mexico guarantee the safety or coaches or players as they travel to games? .What about the wives and children of players, where would they attend school? In many areas of mexico the wealthy are fleeing the country because of rampant kidnapping/ ransoms. I am not trying to judge, I am merely stating facts, There are numberous articles on this topic. Weathy people of all nationalities get kidnapped every day. Your country just simply isnt secure enough, I am sorry to say.
              You're right with those arguments.
              I need to be more accurate. Kidnapping and drug cartel problems are exclusively from the north and coasts part of the country, thank God Mexico City is free of those problems, we have others.
              But I'm pretty sure is not about security, we had many NFL games before 2005 and there is not artist or music band who has stopped coming to Mexico for that reason (U2,Paul McCartney,Madonna etc.), we had Panamerican Games, Obama came two weeks ago, etc...
              Anyway, we will still loving the NFL and purchasing Sunday Ticket and travelling to USA to attend the games...
              By the way, DO YOU KNOW THAT IN MEXICO YOU CAN WATCH THE GAMES IN TEATHRES? THAT'S AWESOME!...

Comment

London ...no
                Mexico ...NO! Not even once.

If they're truly set on creating a team outside the US, they should start with Canada. It is the most feasible place to start that has high potential with many football fans, even though I don't like the idea. The Buffalo Bills are the perfect candidate to move to Canada.

Comment

Well, I'm all for it....

Comment

Originally posted by ebick View Post
                    well....nothing to do with existing American fans.....I'll give you that....but it certainly has to do with getting MORE fans in "untapped" markets.
                    If Goodell wants to chase this model he should move to create a European NFL and a South of the Border NFL and then work the winners of those 2 divisions into the playoff bracket. The travel thing from here to there is BS and not fan friendly or competitiveness friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by ebick View Post
                      I went to the London game when we played the Dolphins and I was amazed at the number of fans our brand of football generates. People coming in from all over the UK and other European countries.
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge Boada View Post
                        You're right with those arguments.
                        I need to be more accurate. Kidnapping and drug cartel problems are exclusively from the north and coasts part of the country, thank God Mexico City is free of those problems, we have others.
                        But I'm pretty sure is not about security, we had many NFL games before 2005 and there is not artist or music band who has stopped coming to Mexico for that reason (U2,Paul McCartney,Madonna etc.), we had Panamerican Games, Obama came two weeks ago, etc...
                        Anyway, we will still loving the NFL and purchasing Sunday Ticket and travelling to USA to attend the games...
                        By the way, DO YOU KNOW THAT IN MEXICO YOU CAN WATCH THE GAMES IN TEATHRES? THAT'S AWESOME!...
                        Well, there's a difference security-wise between having a couple teams coming down for a week to play an exhibition game and housing a complete team, replete with front office staff and families for the duration of a season. Same thing with bands. They're only in town for a few days at a crack, which minimizes potential risks.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          I went to the London game when we played the Dolphins and I was amazed at the number of fans our brand of football generates. People coming in from all over the UK and other European countries.
                          Then Goodell needs to be bold, to actually invest in Europe (which means lose money for a while until the bonanza comes) and set up an 8 or 10 team European league that drafts players along with the other NFL but plays only among themselves. The winner for now gets slotted in the NFL playoff bracket and we go from there. As the level of play improves maybe 2 or 3 get into the bracket. What I detest is taking teams on crazy trips that diminish their skills JUST TO SATISFY an insatiable interest in US football. I care about the Giants, not so much the NFL. Every week, every game is critical and if my team is hungover from travel to London or hungover from travel when they get back, that is not fan friendly and not a good thing for the Giants. This is not MLB with 162 games! This is 16 life and death moments and none should be discarded to entertain the Euros. If Goodell thinks that there is $$ in Europe (and I agree) then he should throw the deep ball and create the NFL Eurpope division.
                          Last edited by jomo; 06-05-2013, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                            If Goodell wants to chase this model he should move to create a European NFL and a South of the Border NFL and then work the winners of those 2 divisions into the playoff bracket. The travel thing from here to there is BS and not fan friendly or competitiveness friendly.
                            Exactly. It is the NATIONAL Football League, for god's sake.

This is the one thing Goodell seems to have a real hard on for, and it's terrible. If a team's based in London, 8 of its games will require a minimum of 5 hours, up to 10 hour flights for it's 8 away games. Not very advantageous to the London team every year. They might never overcome that.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
                              Exactly. It is the NATIONAL Football League, for god's sake.

This is the one thing Goodell seems to have a real hard on for, and it's terrible. If a team's based in London, 8 of its games will require a minimum of 5 hours, up to 10 hour flights for it's 8 away games. Not very advantageous to the London team every year. They might never overcome that.
                              They kind of tried that......the problem is that the NFL represents the best in the world. You can't simply create an entire new league with the quality of players that exist in the NFL. I'm not saying I am for it. I can't imagine a London based team playing teams on the west coast.....the travel time would be rediculous and create a really unfair advantage.

Comment

Working...
                              X