Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Knicks Thread 2017-18 Season...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York Knicks Thread 2017-18 Season...

As requested by The Analyst. If wins are what you're hoping for you're probably watching the wrong team. In the 1st game 2 things were evident. Porzingis is now literally the only offensive option and that still didn't stop him from dropping 31 with ease. Also why is Willy HernanGomez out of the rotation because Kanter can't play an ounce of defense? Article in the NYDN today talks about Porzingis not sticking around without progress by the organization. If they don't keep Porzingis I think it's probably time for me to just give up. I was excited about a proper full rebuild, but that pretty much blows up with no Porzingis.
    sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Build around Porzingis. Get him some talent. They need to somehow get an Anthony Davis or Wiggins or any of those other young stars once they are available, while also hitting on the draft. Im not sure their last draft pick was a wise decision however. I was hoping for Malik Monk
    Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
      Build around Porzingis. Get him some talent. They need to somehow get an Anthony Davis or Wiggins or any of those other young stars once they are available, while also hitting on the draft. Im not sure their last draft pick was a wise decision however. I was hoping for Malik Monk
      Wiggins already signed his 5 yr/148 mil extension with Minnesota. As far as Monk goes, Nkitlina was Jackson's final gift of sticking in the *** of Knicks fans. Didn't take Monk, didn't take Smith(huge mistake). Instead we got a guy who can't even get though a week without spraining his ankle, knee or hip. Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post

Wiggins already signed his 5 yr/148 mil extension with Minnesota. As far as Monk goes, Nkitlina was Jackson's final gift of sticking in the *** of Knicks fans. Didn't take Monk, didn't take Smith(huge mistake). Instead we got a guy who can't even get though a week without spraining his ankle, knee or hip. Awful.
        Yeah. That's bad. Phil was on some serious drugs.

Comment

I donít want to jinx it. At the moment building around Porzingis clearly a good idea. Signing Hardaway, not maybe as dumb as most thought.

Comment

Knicks are a;ready a better team right now than last years team. Getting rid of Melo and making Zing the centerpiece was a good move. As I hav ebeen saying, Melo is a great individual talent, but you wont win with him. Still not a serious playoff team, but headed in the right direction now. I could see them squeezing into the playoffs this season as a 7th or 8th seed.

Comment

Knicks are a;ready a better team right now than last years team. Getting rid of Melo and making Zing the centerpiece was a good move. As I hav ebeen saying, Melo is a great individual talent, but you wont win with him. Still not a serious playoff team, but headed in the right direction now. I could see them squeezing into the playoffs this season as a 7th or 8th seed.
              melo demanded a trade so it's not like the knicks made a decision. nuggets won every year with Melo and the knicks won a few years as well. the team put around him was simply garbage from personnel to coaches.

Anyways KP is balling out and it's a great sight to see. Most logical fans were expecting and hoping for a bad year to get a top pick to pair with KP but it looks like they could be too good for that to happen. It's still early so we'll see if KP can keep it up as the season goes on but so far they have been fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post

melo demanded a trade so it's not like the knicks made a decision. nuggets won every year with Melo and the knicks won a few years as well. the team put around him was simply garbage from personnel to coaches.

Anyways KP is balling out and it's a great sight to see. Most logical fans were expecting and hoping for a bad year to get a top pick to pair with KP but it looks like they could be too good for that to happen. It's still early so we'll see if KP can keep it up as the season goes on but so far they have been fun to watch.
                Melo was so good in Denver they won exactly zero playoff series. You don't win chanpionships with a Melo.

They had their shot last year to add a piece for KP and screed it up. Clearly should have taken Monk. I don't know what the hell they were thinking.
                Last edited by TheAnalyst; 11-06-2017, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Melo was so good in Denver they won exactly zero playoff series. You don't win chanpionships with a Melo.

They had their shot last year to add a piece for KP and screed it up. Clearly should have taken Monk. I don't know whether he'll they were thinking.
                  I agree. He can be a great role player, but you canít center a team around him. Heís not a 1.

Comment

They had their shot last year to add a piece for KP and screed it up. Clearly should have taken Monk. I don't know what the hell they were thinking.
                    What??
                    Frank is a great prospect, and he's developing nicely.
                    He has a higher ceiling. And his D is elite.

Comment

I am so pumped about this Knicks team. So refreshing to finally see tough defense, ball movement, unselfishness, and team basketball in the Garden again.

Comment

Man, nothing beats that good Garden roar. Friday night on Porzingis' block, run the floor, dunk +1 sequence and last night on Nkitilina's 3 that put them up near the end. The fans are loving this team. I'm still not sure if this is more than a 30 win team once everything balances out, but it's an exciting product to watch. Finally feels like a good time to be a Knicks fan again.

Comment

GODZINGIS!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post
                            GODZINGIS!!!!!
                            My internal voice: "Don't get your hopes up, don't get your hopes up, don't get your hopes up". **** it!! LET'S GO KNICKS!!!! KP!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post

My internal voice: "Don't get your hopes up, don't get your hopes up, don't get your hopes up". **** it!! LET'S GO KNICKS!!!! KP!!!!!!
                              You guys are right. When they started 0-3 after losing every pre Season game I was like here we go again. Unwatchable BB by the Knicks only a week or few weeks counting the practice game's.

Then they won three in a row and raised some eyebrows. Then Houston blows them out by 20 and I figured it would go back to the Norm. Right??

Wrong!!!! Another three game win streak and this time with two huge comebacks against Indiana and the Hornets. I think down 19 vs Pacers & 15 last night. When's the last time we've seen a Knicks team do that?

That's 6 out of 7 with every game over a 100 points scored and I think 4 of them over 115. So 6-4 and reason to be interested can excited for the first time in years!!! Like you said when it all evens out probably a 30 win team but u never know. After starting in the basement of the Division they have now worked their way into a 3 way tie for 2nd place and only 2.5 games behind 1st place Boston!!

And also the Rangers after starting 3-7-2 the Rangers have reeled off 4 wins in a row to get to .500 and finally out of the cellar
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                              X