Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Knicks Thread 2017-18 Season...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile the newly formed of Westbrook, P. George & Melo have lost 3 in a row dropping into last place at 4-6
    They beat us pretty easily in the opening Game of Season. I'd like to see what would happen if we played them now
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Well maybe I spoke to soon. The stretch of scoring well over 100 is over and the winning streak is over losing to Orlando tonight

Let's see if they can bounce back like they did when Houston blew them out
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE

Comment

Meanwhile the Rangers up again tonight in 2nd period 3-1

4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE

Comment

Tonight is just another example why I rarely watch the NBA. The first 3 and 1/2 quarters mean nothing. Knicks up 23 late in the 3rd, game tied in the final minutes, Knicks lose.

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
            Tonight is just another example why I rarely watch the NBA. The first 3 and 1/2 quarters mean nothing. Knicks up 23 late in the 3rd, game tied in the final minutes, Knicks lose.
            Regardless if they blew a 23 point lead at Home to the Cavs this team is still vastly improved over last. Very competitive

4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE

Comment

Knicks still suck. What a NY thing to do last night. But at least they suck less than the last decade. Still... Typical NY choke job. damn it. And Boston will go 80-2 this year. Boston sports are so ****ing good everywhere.
              Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                Knicks still suck. What a NY thing to do last night. But at least they suck less than the last decade. Still... Typical NY choke job. damn it. And Boston will go 80-2 this year. Boston sports are so ****ing good everywhere.
                Knicks are better than anyone expected at this point. I'm satisfied with that. I figured them as a 30 win team before the season so their performance so far is a bonus. The choke job last night sucked of course. Porzingis wasn't good all night, rough game for the big guy. Really liked what I saw out of Hardaway last night and for the season in general. That contract looks better each day.
                sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                  Regardless if they blew a 23 point lead at Home to the Cavs this team is still vastly improved over last. Very competitive
                  Yes. The Knicks have an entertaining team this year. They have some nice pieces to build around. Although they overpaid to bring Hardaway back, he is much improved and is playing very well. The Noah contract and roster spot is a killer.

Comment

Yes. The Knicks have an entertaining team this year. They have some nice pieces to build around. Although they overpaid to bring Hardaway back, he is much improved and is playing very well. The Noah contract and roster spot is a killer.
                    It's hard for me to say the overpaid for Hardaway, when the same contract was given to Timofey Mozgov by the Lakers. Contract dollar values are absurd in the NBA these days. I mean that's true in all sports, but the NBA especially so. Mediocre NBA players make as more annually than Sidney Crosby, that's about the definition of absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post

It's hard for me to say the overpaid for Hardaway, when the same contract was given to Timofey Mozgov by the Lakers. Contract dollar values are absurd in the NBA these days. I mean that's true in all sports, but the NBA especially so. Mediocre NBA players make as more annually than Sidney Crosby, that's about the definition of absurd.
                      You could be right. Unlike some, I didn't think it was a bad signing. I just didn't see anyone else giving him that much money. I think the people that really hated the signing thought they were getting the Hardaway that played for the Knicks his rookie year. He is a much improved player now.

Comment

You could be right. Unlike some, I didn't think it was a bad signing. I just didn't see anyone else giving him that much money. I think the people that really hated the signing thought they were getting the Hardaway that played for the Knicks his rookie year. He is a much improved player now.
                        Another great game from him tonight.

Comment

How do you pronounce Ntilikina? Is the N silent? Tilee-Keena?

Comment

Man, the Knicks thread was more active last year when they completely sucked lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                              Man, the Knicks thread was more active last year when they completely sucked lol
                              Better than last year but still can't compete with the better teams. Blew 23 point lead vs Cavs. And Tonight getting stomped by Toronto

4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

Better than last year but still can't compete with the better teams. Blew 23 point lead vs Cavs. And Tonight getting stomped by Toronto
                                Well they arent good, but they arent terrible. So its progress lol

Comment

Working...
                                X