Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Knicks Thread 2017-18 Season...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched the entire game last night vs the Lakers. Very fun game. I havent watched an NBA game this early in a season in a long time. Not all the way through.

The 3rd Q with Zing and Ball going at it was pretty fun to watch. Porzingis is a legit top 10 player in the league. He has superstar qualities. The guard they got this season, Frank the Tank Ntilikina looks real good too. Those two are 22 and 19 respectively. Thats amazing. They have a good nucleus and just need that one more star and some better role players.

I hate Lavar Ball by the way. Hate him.

Great game by the Knicks though.

I can see them squeaking into the playoffs this season as a 6-7-8 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
      Watched the entire game last night vs the Lakers. Very fun game. I havent watched an NBA game this early in a season in a long time. Not all the way through.

The 3rd Q with Zing and Ball going at it was pretty fun to watch. Porzingis is a legit top 10 player in the league. He has superstar qualities. The guard they got this season, Frank the Tank Ntilikina looks real good too. Those two are 22 and 19 respectively. Thats amazing. They have a good nucleus and just need that one more star and some better role players.

I hate Lavar Ball by the way. Hate him.

Great game by the Knicks though.

I can see them squeaking into the playoffs this season as a 6-7-8 seed.
      They might, but they have to figure out how to win on the road. In Brooklyn tomorrow night, thatís a game they have to win.
      sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post

They might, but they have to figure out how to win on the road. In Brooklyn tomorrow night, thatís a game they have to win.
        Well they won it. Had 15 point lead. Lost it and then took over at the end
        Bout time they finally got their 2nd Road win
        But did it come at a severe cost?? Our best player went out with a left knee injury. No word on how severe yet
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
          Well they won it. Had 15 point lead. Lost it and then took over at the end
          Bout time they finally got their 2nd Road win
          But did it come at a severe cost?? Our best player went out with a left knee injury. No word on how severe yet
          Porzingis is fragile unfortunately, new week new injury. Melo back at the Garden Saturday, itís too bad Porzingis and Hardaway wonít be suiting up in all likelihood.

Comment

Porzingis is fragile unfortunately, new week new injury. Melo back at the Garden Saturday, itís too bad Porzingis and Hardaway wonít be suiting up in all likelihood.
            Would of been tough to beat them with those guys. No way they beat them if they are both out
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE

Comment

Would of been tough to beat them with those guys. No way they beat them if they are both out
              Did exactly that though, Beasley has played out of his mind. Just one more thing nobody saw coming with this team.

Comment

Did exactly that though, Beasley has played out of his mind. Just one more thing nobody saw coming with this team.
                I don't don't mind eating my words in this case. Glad I was wrong. And the impressive thing is they maintained a 6-12 point lead throughout the 2nd half. Everytime OKC made a mini run the Knicks wouldgo on one of their own and push the lead back out to a more comfortable number.

Yea Beasley was on fire and also big play from McDermott and O'Quinn. Really everyone contributed tonight

Lots of games coming up Away from Home. This stretch will tell us if this team is ready to seriously Compete for a playoff spot

4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE

Comment

It's amazing how much trading Melo has helped this team. Great talent, but doesn't improve teams at all. OKC is finding this out now.

Comment

Man they really needed to win this game but getting blown out by a terrible team with a horrible record on the Road. AGAIN

4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE

Comment

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...tayyip-erdogan
                      Turkey seeking four-year prison sentence for Enes Kanter for charges of insulting President Erdogan

Comment

Man not so sure about that trade

4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE

Comment

Man not so sure about that trade
                          Meh, I'm fine with it, McDermott was not part of their long term plans and they get to hedge their bets at PG between Frank, Mudiay and Burke, hoping that one of those guys can emerge as a potential starting PG. And while I know many here liked Hernangomez, frankly, he doesn't fit into a winning formula with Porzingis, who needs a defensive stalwart to pair with in the front court. Scoring bigs off the bench don't have huge value and the return of two second rounders in pretty good considering he was a 2nd round pick.

However, I'm extremely disappointed they didn't make other trades to move other veterans. They should have been looking for suitors for O'Quinn and Lee, you're telling me there isn't a contender that could use those guys off their bench? Especially Lee. Instead they spend all of their time trying to move Noah, someone that no one even knows if he can play anymore and be effective and comes with a high price tag. Who the heck would ever take him on when they can get O'Quinn at a lower dollar amount, is more reliable health wise AND you know he can still play.

If you're going to tank, freaking tank hard.

Also, I think this injury basically confirms for me that Porz cannot be THE GUY. His body just can't handle the pounding. He's better as a #2 guy who can take over games at times and is more valuable in the playoffs where you don't have back to backs. Hopefully they hit the lottery with one of the PGs on the roster and get a dynamic wing player in the draft.
                          All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Worst run franchise in all of sports. They started coming out of it this year, but now they lose their star and dont pull the trigger on trading everyone else. Stupid.

I honestly feel like I could get behind this Knick wheel and drive a better route for this team. Its amazing the unbelievable amount of ineptitude that this team has.

Tank and tank hard.

And do the same thing next year.

They need to get some quality players who can be superstars and rebuild...... again.

Comment

Woke up a few mornings ago and saw the news on Porzingis. Thought "Yep I'm a Knicks fan, this sounds about right" and moved on with my life. It's amazing how much I used to enjoy the NBA and now it is of complete disinterest to me. The Warriors are going to win this year and next year at a minimum. Unless the Lakers happen to get the newest dream team by snagging LBJ and PG this offseason. NBA action, it's fan...................... blows.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                                Worst run franchise in all of sports. They started coming out of it this year, but now they lose their star and dont pull the trigger on trading everyone else. Stupid.

I honestly feel like I could get behind this Knick wheel and drive a better route for this team. Its amazing the unbelievable amount of ineptitude that this team has.

Tank and tank hard.

And do the same thing next year.

They need to get some quality players who can be superstars and rebuild...... again.
                                Agree completely. It's ridiculous that they have Frank, Burke, Mudiay and Jack on the roster. I get that Hornacek likes Jack's steadiness in running the offense and provides a good model in the lockeroom. But, how are you going to get enough minutes for the three youngsters when you have Jack starting? Maybe they let Frank play more SG? But that goes against the things he needs to work on.

With the injuries to Porz and Kanter I can understand keeping O'Quinn some, but that's only because they basically told Noah to go home. This would have been the perfect time to get some use out of Noah. Trade O'Quinn, bring up one of your bigs from the G league and play Noah to get some use and value out of him and push him to the bench when Kanter returns.

But, there's absolutely no reason why Lee should have to suffer through this season. OKC could definitely use him, they are in win-now mode.Heck they could use both Lee and O'Quinn, should have packaged them together to a contender for a 1st rounder and take on a bloated contract that expired before 2019 (they aren't signing any big FAs before then anyway, so the cap space is useless).
                                All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Working...
                                X