No announcement yet.

New York Yankees 2018 Threadů

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And can we please once and for all stop worshipped David Robertson? He's simply not that good

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

He has been dominant all year. One slip up. It happens. I expected D-Rob to do better though. Lost CCs win, but....

MIGGY with the WALK OFF!

13 of 14!

Good guys win 7-6

Another stressful game!

:-)

Happy Friday night everyone!
      Exactly. That is why I laughed. The bottom of the order is no joke. Those two rookies are gonna be here for a while. Andujar has made getting Machado an afterthought.
      “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post

Exactly. That is why I laughed. The bottom of the order is no joke. Those two rookies are gonna be here for a while. Andujar has made getting Machado an afterthought.
        Yeah Machado is tearing up the league right now though. Machado is only 2 years older than Andjuar. Right now it looks like all we need is a Center fielder and more pitching.

Comment

• What a thriller at the stadium last night!!

Comment

• Originally posted by William View Post
            And can we please once and for all stop worshipped David Robertson? He's simply not that good
            Simply not that good? Come on. He has a career 2.85 ERA. Last year for the Yankees he dominated with a 1.06 ERA. It was a bad game from him and Shreve and Chap. It happens. Fortunately the still got the W
            http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post

Agreed, but Machado is in MVP form right now. It would be awesome to have him too. It depends on What they do with Didi. I know it would be really hard to trade or let him go but his contract expires after next year at 30. He is arbitration eligible for 1 more year. I love Didi, but he might be getting a big 5-6 year contract soon the way he is playing. They could get some serious value out of Didi for some much needed pitching and sign Machado. Just have to see how things unfold.

Ill let Cashman worry about that though : -)
              Last edited by TheAnalyst; 05-05-2018, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• What a week of baseball...

Ichiro retires
                The Machine hits 3000 (4 straight years a player has gotten his 3000 hits, can you name them?)
                Yankees are rolling and walking off
                Dodgers throw combined no-no

Comment

• Bauer is tough on the Yankees .Only reason .we got him last post season is because Indians tried to get greedy and start him on less than his usual rest .

Overall gray has done a good job .

Comment

Agreed, but Machado is in MVP form right now. It would be awesome to have him too. It depends on What they do with Didi. I know it would be really hard to trade or let him go but his contract expires after next year at 30. He is arbitration eligible for 1 more year. I love Didi, but he might be getting a big 5-6 year contract soon the way he is playing. They could get some serious value out of Didi for some much needed pitching and sign Machado. Just have to see how things unfold.

Ill let Cashman worry about that though : -)
                    If I were to guess, I would say that he will end up with the Dodgers for this season and then back to Baltimore on a ginormous deal. I do agree with you about Didi. He is playing himself into a huge payday, which will be well deserved. The Yankees are in an excellent spot nowadays.

Nasir Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by William View Post
                      Bauer is tough on the Yankees .Only reason .we got him last post season is because Indians tried to get greedy and start him on less than his usual rest .

Overall gray has done a good job .
                      Gray has been a hell lot better in his last two starts. I think that he got squeezed by the ump on that 2-2 pitch to Lindor a little bit before that solo HR.

Nasir Jones

Comment

• Excellent discipline shown by yabkees batters andujar and romaine on the full count walks. Indians did a girardi brain fart not challenging the stolen base call at 3rd .

Comment

• Another nice win for the Yanks during this "lets see what they're made of" stretch against the Angels, Astros, Indians & Red Sux. Even a "glass half full" guy like myself never envisioned the Yankees getting off to a 8-1 start in this tough part of the schedule.... Kudos!!

Comment

• The Yanks have gone 14-1 the last 15 games. That, is , amazing.

Today Sonny get the star. 6 IP 4 Hs 2 ERs 7 Ks.

Well done again Sonny...

Comment

• UP NEXT

RHP Domingo German (0-1) makes his first big league start Sunday after 12 relief appearances. He takes the slot of LHP Jordan Montgomery, who has a strained pitching elbow. Sunday ends a stretch of games on 18 straight days for the Yankees, who after a day off host Boston in a three-game series starting Tuesday. RHP Mike Clevinger (2-0) starts for the Indians.

Comment

Simply not that good? Come on. He has a career 2.85 ERA. Last year for the Yankees he dominated with a 1.06 ERA. It was a bad game from him and Shreve and Chap. It happens. Fortunately the still got the W
                                He shouldnt have thrown the fastball that time. I trust him more than Shreve.

Comment

Working...
                                X