Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

That would be nice
    Seriously the pitching has been more than enough. Montgomery will return and German has been better than expected. He got squeezed last game or it would have been a quality start too.

Bring up Frazier, blast teams and let the bullpen shorten the game. Khanle and Warren should be back and will take pressure off of betance and Robertson.
    ​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

Seriously the pitching has been more than enough. Montgomery will return and German has been better than expected. He got squeezed last game or it would have been a quality start too.

Bring up Frazier, blast teams and let the bullpen shorten the game. Khanle and Warren should be back and will take pressure off of betance and Robertson.
      ​​​
      It just doesn't work in post season when teams stretch their starters .we lost to asttos because they had the stronger rotation .

Comment

• Originally posted by William View Post
        It just doesn't work in post season when teams stretch their starters .we lost to asttos because they had the stronger rotation .
        We were in those games though and if we had scored some runs we would have won. Its difficult to match zeros unless you have an ace and I don't think one will be available.

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post

If defense is truly his only asset, he should be replaced. IMO. If this is as good as Hicks is going to get, he should be replaced. I think that Hicks is a great guy, but he is clearly replaceable.

+1

Comment

​​​
            yeah that's nice and all, until CC goes down again, Monty struggles coming back or Gray is really a 6+ ERA pitcher all year. German looked good im his first start but he isn't going to be a full time starter.

I was hoping Adams or Shef would be ready but they don't look it yet.

Replacing Frazier with Hicks, although feels better and sounds better at the plate, won't make the Yankees much better as a team overall IMO. Frazier is ANOTHER right handed bat that will K a lot, and he would be new to CF in YS and have a learning curve. He doesnt have the speed or arm that Hicks has either. He might not be able to chase down those shots to the gap that Hicks could.

I'm with you though I would love to see Frazier up, it's just the scenario we are in is making it very tough.
            Last edited by TheAnalyst; 05-15-2018, 06:30 AM.
            http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

• How gambling can help make baseball America's pastime again.

The ability of the human mind to conceive of different ways to gamble is truly wondrous. We bet on cards and wheels and dice and machines and animals of all manner and variety. We allow our economy to ever teeter on Wall Street’s risks. We wager on who shot J.R. and when actual people will die. We crave the exacta, adore the trifecta, worship the superfecta. Important men and women parley. Gambling men and women parlay.

Nothing stokes our love of gambling quite like sports. Sports exist for four reasons: to satiate our competitive fire, to challenge our physical ability, to rally our communities and to fulfill our unquenchable desire to juice an event by adding some action. Fantasy has become our reality. That it took until May 14, 2018, for the United States to finally reach a point at which legalized sports gambling around the country was a possibility is every bit as wondrous as our collective degeneracy in dreaming up things to gamble on.

Because Americans – well, Americans may well love to gamble as much as anyone, and that the country needed a multi-billion-dollar underground economy to swell for decades felt particularly un-American. Monday’s Supreme Court ruling that took away Nevada’s monopoly on legal sports gambling served as the first step to this brand-new world where our sports gambling options will be as plentiful as our minds allow.

Want to bet on whether a pitch will be a ball or strike? It’s coming. Read more.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/gamblin...043408160.html

Comment

• Harper: A Bryce Harper-Yankees marriage seems to be a longshot, but it could come down to Giancarlo Stanton.

On June 9, 2015, Bryce Harper was leading off the seventh inning of a 1-1 game, his first in the Bronx, when he took his Mickey Mantle obsession to such an extreme that he convinced a person working for the Nationals — then and now — that he would make good on all the pinstriped speculation.

"It really hit me that night," the person said recently, "just how much it would mean to him to be a Yankee."

Maybe you remember: in his previous at-bat against Masahiro Tanaka that night, Harper had blasted a home run, his league-leading 20th of the season, and yet in the seventh inning, facing Tanaka again, with a 1-2 count he tried to surprise the Yankees by dropping down a bunt.

Except he fouled off the pitch, meaning that Harper officially had struck out in a game the Nationals would eventually lose 6-1.

Everyone was shocked the slugger would take such a foolish risk, except perhaps for those familiar enough with Mantle's career to know the legendary Yankee was a master of the two-strike drag bunt, reaching base that way several times a season early in his career.

"I knew right away why he did it," the Nationals' person said. "That convinced me he really wanted to live out the Mantle fantasy, whether it's for his father or himself. At the time, I assumed the feeling would be mutual. But a lot has changed since then." Read more.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3989307

Comment

• Yanks vs Nats for a 2 game series starts tonight.

Tanaka 4-2 4.66 ERA
                  Gonzalez 4-2 2.22 ERA

Tomorrow it's

Sabathia 2-0 2.23 ERA
                  Scherzer 7-1 1.69 ERA

This is going to be a tough 2 games.

I would love for them to get Harper who is probably the 2nd best player in the league behind Trout, but it really is a pipedream now with Stanton here.
                  Last edited by TheAnalyst; 05-15-2018, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• You know, I was just thinking, the next 2 games we have no DH. So most likely Stanton will be in left and Judge in right with Gary catching. I guess Gardy in CF...

I'm not thrilled with Tanaka and CC having to hit though, especially CC with his bum knee.

Comment

• Well, this thread is going to be useless soon... I can't believe they are shutting down my home away from home here. Bummer...

Comment

​​​
                        Welp, Frazier seems to be getting called up.

Comment

• It appears Yankees are calling up Clint Frazier.

WASHINGTON — All signs are pointing to Clint Frazier joining the Yankees.

The outfielder arrived in Washington on Monday, according to sources, although he has not yet been put on the roster for the Yankees’ two-game series against the Nationals that begins Tuesday.

It’s unclear exactly how the 23-year-old would be used, since the Yankees already have four seemingly healthy outfielders in Aaron Judge, Brett Gardner, Aaron Hicks and Giancarlo Stanton.

But with 13 pitchers on the roster, they also could be looking for another bat off the bench in a National League park — with lefty Gio Gonzalez starting Tuesday for the Nationals — and could send down A.J. Cole or David Hale, who haven’t been used much out of the bullpen.

If that’s the case, Frazier is a logical choice. Read more.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/15/it-app...clint-frazier/

Comment

• Wow... Robinson Cano suspended 80 games for PEDs. Only got caught because of his injury and needing treatment. There are still many players on PEDs unfortunately. They are just better at hiding it now a days.

Comment

• Cano busted for PEDs. 80 games. Wow
                              “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                                Wow... Robinson Cano suspended 80 games for PEDs. Only got caught because of his injury and needing treatment. There are still many players on PEDs unfortunately. They are just better at hiding it now a days.
                                Players will always cheat and get that edge by any means necessary. It started in the late 60s with amphetamines and has continued to today. I don't blame them since there millions of guaranteed dollars at stake.
                                “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X