No announcement yet.

New York Yankees 2018 Threadů

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the door wasn't open in outfield Hicks gets triple and probably scores.

Comment

• German is not good. He is not a starting pitcher. Bullpen pitcher at best.

They are saying Tanaka is out "weeks". So..... We need 2 SPers right now. And wait till CC goes down.

Not looking good
      http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

• that called strike against Judge sure as *&!@# looked like a ball .... not surprisingly he chases ball out of strike zone on next pitch, into grounder stranding 3

Comment

• I thought chappers was going to blow it there after walking 2 batters. But alas Mets really have no offense .

42 out of 60 = spot on .700 winning percentage
          Last edited by William; 06-09-2018, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
            German is not good. He is not a starting pitcher. Bullpen pitcher at best.

They are saying Tanaka is out "weeks". So..... We need 2 SPers right now. And wait till CC goes down.

Not looking good
            Well despite that terrible start to the game he gets the quality start with 6 innings and 3 earned runs. He really settled down. The kid is young and seems to be learning a lot. With the yankees offense, I domt mind having german going to pitch every 5th day. There will definitely be some learning curves, but the offense should be able to support him. I would much rather have someone learn through the summer and be ready for October. He has good stuff.
            [SIGPIC]

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

Well despite that terrible start to the game he gets the quality start with 6 innings and 3 earned runs. He really settled down. The kid is young and seems to be learning a lot. With the yankees offense, I domt mind having german going to pitch every 5th day. There will definitely be some learning curves, but the offense should be able to support him. I would much rather have someone learn through the summer and be ready for October. He has good stuff.
              Yeah, he has the stuff. I guess I can't get on him too much. I will gladly take 6IP and 3 ERs from him every start. Innings 2-6 he looked pretty good.

Either way I think the Yankees will stay with him now.

I think I heard them say that they are bringing up someone to start next Friday for us from the farm? Sheffield?

Sev goes tomorrow in a game we definitely should win, and I guess Gray goes Tuesday and CC Wednesday. German could go Friday I guess. Maybe they dont need to bring up anyone until the following week with the double header.

Anyways

Gleyber, Andujar and Judge.

4 more runs all on 3 HRs.

Good guys win 4-3

Comment

• This game highlights how wise Yanks were not resigning Frazier. Allowed us room to bring up andujar and give time to other guys like torreyes. Frazier is ok but not worth keeping young (and inexpensive) quality players like andujar in the minors or losing him a trade .

Comment

• Originally posted by William View Post
                  This game highlights how wise Yanks were not resigning Frazier. Allowed us room to bring up andujar and give time to other guys like torreyes. Frazier is ok but not worth keeping young (and inexpensive) quality players like andujar in the minors or losing him a trade .
                  Frazier was a great locker room guy too. His personality was a great fit more than anything else. I still like the dude, but we have enough .220 hitters who can hit long balls. Torres and Andujar actually look like real hitters and not just mashers. Need more of those.

Comment

Frazier was a great locker room guy too. His personality was a great fit more than anything else. I still like the dude, but we have enough .220 hitters who can hit long balls. Torres and Andujar actually look like real hitters and not just mashers. Need more of those.
                    Yeah that's what I mean .given likeability and local boy angle, probably a lot of teams re-sign him. Cashman deserves credit for seeing see bigger picture

Comment

• Red Sox lose the series to the White Sox LOL

The lonely last place terrible rebuilding White Sox.

At Fenway too.

Time for the Yanks to take care of business tonight.

Comment

• Stanton batting 2nd? first time this year iirc

Comment

• 25 pitches already. Ugh.
                          [SIGPIC]

Comment

• This, once again, shows this lineup is a mirage. A playoff pitcher will completely shut then down. Getting shut down by a fill in pitcher making his 2nd start of the year.

I wonder if Stanton and Gary will ever break out this season.

Awful.

Severino not his best game either.

Oh wow. And he was pulled after 5 IP and 80ish pitches. Great...
                            Last edited by TheAnalyst; 06-10-2018, 09:49 PM.

Comment

This, once again, shows this lineup is a mirage. A playoff pitcher will completely shut then down. Getting shut down by a fill in pitcher making his 2nd start of the year.

I wonder if Stanton and Gary will ever break out this season.

Awful.

Severino not his best game either.

Oh wow. And he was pulled after 5 IP and 80ish pitches. Great...
                              At least stanton is hitting 54 points higher than Sanchez. Sevy gave the yanks a chance to win. He's not gonna be perfect every night. He pitched like an ace would if he didnt have his best stuff. He battled all night and made one bad pitch. One thing that was interesting, was arod saying how sevy and Sanchez were not on the same page all night. I wish the could put Sanchez on the dl. I think he needs a week off, give him time to clear his head.
                              [SIGPIC]

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

At least stanton is hitting 54 points higher than Sanchez. Sevy gave the yanks a chance to win. He's not gonna be perfect every night. He pitched like an ace would if he didnt have his best stuff. He battled all night and made one bad pitch. One thing that was interesting, was arod saying how sevy and Sanchez were not on the same page all night. I wish the could put Sanchez on the dl. I think he needs a week off, give him time to clear his head.
                                Couldnt agree more. Gary needs some time off to work on his game. 3 hits vs the Mets fill in pitch and bullpen is not going to work though. This lineup goes cold too often, as shown by the BAs. I mean, the 3 and 4 hitter yetserday were hitting below the Mendoza line. Then you had struggling Stanton and Didi around that. Its awful right now.

I would play Romine over Gary, Walker over Bird and Toe over Didi for a little bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X