• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good guys win 3-0

Didi goes 2-4 with 2 HRs
    CC goes 5.2 with 0 ERs

Yanks beat the 1st place Washington Nats
    Red Sox still beating up last place teams...The worst team in baseball, the Os
    http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
      Yankees need a 1B next year. Bird is not a good option anymore
      hes coming back from injury, give him time. seems a little thinner, but he's making good contact. i expect him to come around in a month or so and be an important piece.

nice win tonight, not too exciting, but ill take it ... and another over a first place team.

Comment

• Originally posted by William View Post

hes coming back from injury, give him time. seems a little thinner, but he's making good contact. i expect him to come around in a month or so and be an important piece.

nice win tonight, not too exciting, but ill take it ... and another over a first place team.
        I gave him time. This year was my last straw with him. He just isnt productive and never really has been outside of a flash in the postseason. Outside of that, the dude is made of glass. Can't be counted on. A month from now he could be back on the DL and it wouldn't shock anyone.

The middle of the lineup with Bird Stanton and Sanchez is a gaping hole of whiffs.

Comment

• Greg Bird, After returning from ankle surgery last year

Weeks 1-2: .132 BA .171 OBP .460 OPS

Weeks 3-4: .355 BA .432 OBP 1.303 OPS

Don't be so anxious.

Comment

I gave him time. This year was my last straw with him. He just isnt productive and never really has been outside of a flash in the postseason. Outside of that, the dude is made of glass. Can't be counted on. A month from now he could be back on the DL and it wouldn't shock anyone.

The middle of the lineup with Bird Stanton and Sanchez is a gaping hole of whiffs.
            All your team does is win and all you do is gripe. i don't get it.
            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

All your team does is win and all you do is gripe. i don't get it.
              You wouldnt. Your team has won the division 2x in a row with only 1 playoff game win in those years. Thats what I dont want the Yanks to do.
              I love the wins, I dont like the missed potential. They cant play like this and win in the postseason which is what I look for. World Series.
              They have potential to be so much better.

Gary is hitting below .200
              Bird is hitting below .200
              Stanton is a K machine and struggling.
              Judge has been bad the past few weeks at the plate.
              After Didi's amazing April, he hit .060 the next month. (Thankfully that is bouncing back)
              The rotation lost 2 starters and needs to rely on 27 year old CC. 1 great starter the rest are questions.
              Very frustrating.
              The 2 guys who really saved the team are rookies in Andujar and Torres. And Severino.

Thats why I keep saying it is mind boggling how they have the best record in baseball at 43-19 right now, while playing one of the toughest schedules to date.

Once / If they actually start playing well? Sky is the limit. Still need a legit starter though to be in the WS conversation IMO.
              If they dont win the division, and have to face Verlander in a 1 game playoff, I dont like those odds right now.

Thats my mind set.

I do enjoy them winnning though, but during the games, Im an over passionate fan. I'll admit it.

Comment

• I like this...
                Brandon Drury may now have new path to return to Yankees

Brandon Drury started at first base for Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Tuesday night against Rochester, driving in both runs in a 2-0 win and playing errorless ball in the field. It was Drury’s initial start at first this season after appearing in a combined 38 games as the DH or at third for Double-A Trenton and SWB.

Drury, who played one inning of a major league game at first for Arizona, could be getting familiar with the position in case the Yankees decide first baseman Tyler Austin needs to play more than the four games he has started since May 25 at first. More at-bats would be easier to come by for Austin in the minors. Austin’s reduction in playing time came when Greg Bird came off the DL on May 26. Austin is 0-for-15 with 10 Ks in those four starts.

Drury began the season as the Yankees’ starting third baseman, but on April 7 went on the DL with migraine headaches and blurred vision. On May 15 he ended a minor league rehab stint and was optioned to SWB because Miguel Andujar was entrenched as the Yankees’ starting third baseman.

With experience at second and third base, adding first increases Drury’s value to a roster.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/13/brando...rn-to-yankees/

Comment

• MLB trade rumors: Yankees, Astros bidding war for dominant lefty?

If the Yankees can't find a top-of-the-rotation arm between now and July 31, adding a lockdown relief pitcher may be the best way to improve an already excellent team.

While that may seem crazy, there's logic behind it. That's especially true when considering how teams in recent years have deployed bullpens in October.

When looking at the upcoming relief market, one arm stands out above all the others right now: San Diego Padres lefty Brad Hand.

There's already been connection between the Yankees and a possible pursuit of the strikeout artist. But now another wrinkle could be in the mix: Keeping Hand away from the rival Astros, per Joel Sherman of the New York Post.

A bidding war between superpowers likely to have to go through each other in the playoffs, plus another few teams, is great for the Padres. Hand has much in common with what the Yankees had in Andrew Miller at the 2016 deadline: a dominant lefty signed on a reasonable contract for 2 1/2 more seasons (3 1/2 in Hand's case if you include his 2021 option).

https://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf...ar_for_do.html

Comment

• We are definitely not going for Brad Hand. That's for sure. The bullpen is deep and good.
                    We are going for an inning-eater pitcher (probably Ross) and a #2 (Garrett Richards?)

Comment

You wouldnt. Your team has won the division 2x in a row with only 1 playoff game win in those years. Thats what I dont want the Yanks to do.
                      I love the wins, I dont like the missed potential. They cant play like this and win in the postseason which is what I look for. World Series.

After Didi's amazing April, he hit .060 the next month. (Thankfully that is bouncing back)
                      The rotation lost 2 starters and needs to rely on 27 year old CC. 1 great starter the rest are questions.
                      Very frustrating.
                      The 2 guys who really saved the team are rookies in Andujar and Torres. And Severino.

Thats why I keep saying it is mind boggling how they have the best record in baseball at 43-19 right now, while playing one of the toughest schedules to date.

Once / If they actually start playing well? Sky is the limit. Still need a legit starter though to be in the WS conversation IMO.
                      If they dont win the division, and have to face Verlander in a 1 game playoff, I dont like those odds right now.

Thats my mind set.

I do enjoy them winnning though, but during the games, Im an over passionate fan. I'll admit it.
                      OR...you're just a big poopy head.
                      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

OR...you're just a big poopy head.
                        Or that.... yes.

Comment

Very frustrating.

Thats my mind set.

Toughest schedule to date? What is this college football ? When you play a team along with who is pitching is what matters the most imo. Your polar extremes in regards to following this team gets in the way of logic.

Comment

• Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post
                            We are definitely not going for Brad Hand. That's for sure. The bullpen is deep and good.
                            We are going for an inning-eater pitcher (probably Ross) and a #2 (Garrett Richards?)
                            Agreed. And trading off prospects for a middle of the rotation starter just isn’t worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post
                              Toughest schedule to date? What is this college football ? When you play a team along with who is pitching is what matters the most imo. Your polar extremes in regards to following this team gets in the way of logic.
                              No it's baseball. What is there no SOS in baseball? Google it.

Is playing the Nationals the same as playing the Orioles? No, it's not. The Yankees have played more 1st place teams than any other team in baseball to date. And they did pretty well against those teams.

All I'm saying is the Yankees have played a much tougher schedule than most other teams, especially when you consider the weather, and some how are still doing well. The 2nd half of the Yankees schedule is much easier when they play a lot more games vs the Blue Jays and Orioles bottom feeders. But they still do have a bunch more vs the RS too.

Comment

• Tonights lineup is as follows:

1. Gardner - LF
                                2. Judge - RF
                                3. Gregorius - SS
                                4. Stanton - DH
                                5. Hicks - CF
                                6. Andujar - 3B
                                7. Bird - 1B
                                8. Romine - C
                                9. Torres - 2B