Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Yankees 2018 Threadů

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post
    AROD

    Man, could you imagine the uproar when one of his decisions are questioned? Lol...

    I think he's very happy with his life right now with all the money in the world, his limited gig on FOX (& J-Lo) to take on this demanding NY Yankees managerial job.

    Then again, who knows? I didn't see this Girardi departure coming at all.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post




      I'm too much in a state of shock to think who the next manager will be.
      Gardenhire would have been cool. Detroit snagged him though. Alex Cora would have been cool too but Boston got him. I just hope that it is not Dusty Baker.
      “It drops deep as it does in my breath

      I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

      Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

      I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

      Nasir Jones

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by SG88 View Post

        Gardenhire would have been cool. Detroit snagged him though. Alex Cora would have been cool too but Boston got him. I just hope that it is not Dusty Baker.

        Since you mentioned Dusty Baker..

        If I was the Nationals, I'd roll out the red carpet all the way from the Bronx to Washington DC for Joe Girardi!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post
          AROD
          haha I think he likes his current gig. He's very knowledgeable but he's not someone I can see leading a team.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post


            Since you mentioned Dusty Baker..

            If I was the Nationals, I'd roll out the red carpet all the way from the Bronx to Washington DC for Joe Girardi!
            There haven't been any reports as to why Joe isn't coming back. If I were to guess, I would say that he wanted to spend more time with his family. He has hinted at those things repeatedly. I agree that the Nationals should give him a call, but I am not sure that he will accept any job right now. I'm just guessing. We will find out really soon.
            “It drops deep as it does in my breath

            I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

            Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

            I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

            Nasir Jones

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by SG88 View Post

              There haven't been any reports as to why Joe isn't coming back. If I were to guess, I would say that he wanted to spend more time with his family. He has hinted at those things repeatedly. I agree that the Nationals should give him a call, but I am not sure that he will accept any job right now. I'm just guessing. We will find out really soon.


              Looks like it was the Yankees' decision.

              Here's what Girardi had to say, via a statement:

              "With a heavy heart, I come to you because the Yankees have decided not to bring me back. I'd like to thank the Steinbrenner family for believing in me and giving me this wonderful opportunity. I would like to thank Brian Cashman and his staff for hiring me and always trying to improve the team. I would like to thank my Coaches and support staff for their dedication to always trying to make the players better and get the most out of them. I would like to thank the training staff and the strength Coaches for their tireless efforts of trying to keep the players on the field and healthy. I would like to thank the clubhouse personnel for making the clubhouse our home away form home. I would like to thank the players for the relationships that we have fostered over the last 10 years but most important, how hard they played every day. I would like to thank Damon Oppenheimer and his staff for their hard work in trying to find us the best players available in the draft. I would like to thank the minor league staff for developing these young players. I would like to thanks Ben Tuliebitz for making our travel easy and always taking care of our families. I want to thank the media for always being fair with me and helping grow this wonderful game. Finally, I'd like to thanks the Fans for their great support as a Player, Coach and Manager and the lasting memories of their passion and excitement during the Playoff Games, especially the final six games which will remain in my heart forever."

              Read more.


              http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/...g_yankees.html

              Comment


              • #22
                How Ironic is it that Joe Girardi''s firing comes on the 21st anniversary of this..

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCSnK_ctjdk

                Comment


                • #23
                  I knew there was something ironic about this thread..... LOL

                  http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Welcome back BBB! We all missed you so much!

                    My guess is they will go in house for the new manager.

                    Tony Pena or one of the coaches in the farm.

                    Either way, Im surprised they let him go, or he walked, after making it as far as they did.
                    http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      http://web.yesnetwork.com/news/artic...6202&oid=36019

                      I guess the Yankees decided not to bring him back instead of the other way around. Interesting.......
                      “It drops deep as it does in my breath

                      I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

                      Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

                      I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

                      Nasir Jones

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post



                        Looks like it was the Yankees' decision.

                        Here's what Girardi had to say, via a statement:

                        "With a heavy heart, I come to you because the Yankees have decided not to bring me back. I'd like to thank the Steinbrenner family for believing in me and giving me this wonderful opportunity. I would like to thank Brian Cashman and his staff for hiring me and always trying to improve the team. I would like to thank my Coaches and support staff for their dedication to always trying to make the players better and get the most out of them. I would like to thank the training staff and the strength Coaches for their tireless efforts of trying to keep the players on the field and healthy. I would like to thank the clubhouse personnel for making the clubhouse our home away form home. I would like to thank the players for the relationships that we have fostered over the last 10 years but most important, how hard they played every day. I would like to thank Damon Oppenheimer and his staff for their hard work in trying to find us the best players available in the draft. I would like to thank the minor league staff for developing these young players. I would like to thanks Ben Tuliebitz for making our travel easy and always taking care of our families. I want to thank the media for always being fair with me and helping grow this wonderful game. Finally, I'd like to thanks the Fans for their great support as a Player, Coach and Manager and the lasting memories of their passion and excitement during the Playoff Games, especially the final six games which will remain in my heart forever."

                        Read more.


                        http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/...g_yankees.html
                        I just read it. my guess was clearly wrong. the Yankees decided not to bring him back when it appears that he wanted to be back.
                        “It drops deep as it does in my breath

                        I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

                        Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

                        I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

                        Nasir Jones

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by SG88 View Post

                          I just read it. my guess was clearly wrong. the Yankees decided not to bring him back when it appears that he wanted to be back.
                          Probably called in Clippard one too many times this season in tight games.
                          http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            knew a guy who had a pet turtle...that little guy was really cute... wouldn't mind seeing him in the dugout in a yankee cap doing nothing. Not sure if he is available. Could be dead by now. I think the shells last for centuries though.
                            Last edited by bigpoppy; 10-26-2017, 01:41 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                              I knew there was something ironic about this thread..... LOL




                              You were my inspiration to start a new Yankees thread for the following season.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by SG88 View Post

                                I just read it. my guess was clearly wrong. the Yankees decided not to bring him back when it appears that he wanted to be back.




                                I was wrong too. I would've bet my house that Joe would be back next season.

                                Sounds like they want an analytical Yes-Man, who will do whatever upper management says..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X