Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Yankees 2018 Thread…

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

    great. i want the yanks to stand pat and give the young pitchers a shot... they can always go shopping later on if need be. Very happy to hear that.
    Lol, watch them get Jake Arrieta just to **** you off .
    “It drops deep as it does in my breath

    I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

    Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

    I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

    Nasir Jones

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

      You know I love you my friend. Your feelings are important to me. I want you to have your safe space. I apologize for invading it the last few years. I know it was difficult for you.
      God bless you and good luck next year.
      Bah!

      You'll be rooting for the Baby Bombers by the end of the season, so dont go throwing out that 70s Yankee cap you got hidden on your top shelf of the closet yet.

      Comment


      • I think I would really like it if the Yanks got Mike Moustakas on a 1 year deal. Man that would be solid.

        Comment


        • Giancarlo Stanton and OBJ met up recently and it was almost too much swag for one photo.

          They say a picture is worth a thousand words -- or in this case, over 20,000 likes (for the moment).

          Having Giancarlo Stanton take a photo with you adds a certain element of swagger only he can deliver, but what about throwing a three-time Pro Bowl wide receiver into the mix? Yep, Stanton and Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr. posed for a photo recently and it was an effortless attempt at reminding the world just how cool they really are: Read more.

          http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2018/02/11/...-for-one-photo

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
            Giancarlo Stanton and OBJ met up recently and it was almost too much swag for one photo.

            They say a picture is worth a thousand words -- or in this case, over 20,000 likes (for the moment).

            Having Giancarlo Stanton take a photo with you adds a certain element of swagger only he can deliver, but what about throwing a three-time Pro Bowl wide receiver into the mix? Yep, Stanton and Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr. posed for a photo recently and it was an effortless attempt at reminding the world just how cool they really are: Read more.

            http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2018/02/11/...-for-one-photo
            Man, Stanton is gonna make some bank marketing out here with the Yankees.
            “It drops deep as it does in my breath

            I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

            Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

            I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

            Nasir Jones

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SG88 View Post

              Man, Stanton is gonna make some bank marketing out here with the Yankees.
              I hope Odiva doesnt turn him into Giancarly. Fly straight young Stanton. Dont fall for the lights.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

                I hope Odiva doesnt turn him into Giancarly. Fly straight young Stanton. Dont fall for the lights.
                Self promotion is part of their job. They are entertainers afterall. I personally couldn't care less what these players do off of the field as long as they aren't doing drugs or getting arrested. The lights as you call them are what is going to make them money after they are playing.
                “It drops deep as it does in my breath

                I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

                Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

                I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

                Nasir Jones

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SG88 View Post

                  Self promotion is part of their job. They are entertainers afterall. I personally couldn't care less what these players do off of the field as long as they aren't doing drugs or getting arrested. The lights as you call them are what is going to make them money after they are playing.
                  No, I get that. Just don't let it affect your play like it has Odell some. I'm hoping Judge is well grounded enough not to let last year's fame get to him. I think he will be alright after seeing him in September bounce back. I'd rather the hungry gritty players than the glamour fashion model stars. It's why Gardner is so well liked by the fans.

                  Comment


                  • Yanks open to Moustakas if deal were to fit

                    Yanks remain a possibility
                    The Yankees would be open to signing Moustakas on a short-term deal, but it's a long shot since it could put the team over the luxury-tax threshold, MLB Network insider Jon Heyman reports.

                    New York currently sits between $16 million and $22 million under the $197 million luxury-tax mark, and the penalty would go beyond tax dollars: Because the Yankees exceeded the luxury tax threshold in 2017, signing Moustakas (or any other free agent who received a qualifying offer) would also cost the Yankees their second- and fifth-round Draft picks in 2018, along with $1 million from the upcoming international


                    https://www.mlb.com/news/mike-mousta...rs/c-266034298


                    All eyes on Torres in Yanks' keystone competition

                    Top prospect among candidates for second-base job as camp starts

                    TAMPA, Fla. -- When the Yankees were preparing to set their 2017 Opening Day roster, several members of the coaching staff spoke in favor of promoting Gleyber Torres to the big leagues, even though the infielder had yet to play above Class A.

                    General manager Brian Cashman resisted the temptation to accelerate Torres' progression then, preferring to dispatch the highly-touted infielder to Double-A. Torres' name is likely to come up in closed-door discussions again this spring, as he vies to open the season as the starting second baseman.

                    Torres, 21, is the Yankees' top-rated prospect and the No. 5 prospect in all of baseball, according to MLB Pipeline. He was on track to appear in the Majors last year before sustaining a season-ending injury to his left (non-throwing) elbow, which required Tommy John surgery.


                    https://www.mlb.com/news/gleyber-tor...on/c-266357320


                    -----------------------------------

                    Sick...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

                      No, I get that. Just don't let it affect your play like it has Odell some. I'm hoping Judge is well grounded enough not to let last year's fame get to him. I think he will be alright after seeing him in September bounce back. I'd rather the hungry gritty players than the glamour fashion model stars. It's why Gardner is so well liked by the fans.
                      99% of our fans like Odell too. Just like anything in life, the 1% is the loudest. I like Gardner and Odell for different reasons. At the end of the day, their on the field performance is what gets them paid and respected. You have your reasons for criticizing 13. Some are valid and some are petty IMO. Anyways, did you see Boone's presser? He already has those Cashman style circles under his eyes and he hasn't even managed a game yet!
                      “It drops deep as it does in my breath

                      I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

                      Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

                      I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

                      Nasir Jones

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SG88 View Post

                        99% of our fans like Odell too. Just like anything in life, the 1% is the loudest. I like Gardner and Odell for different reasons. At the end of the day, their on the field performance is what gets them paid and respected. You have your reasons for criticizing 13. Some are valid and some are petty IMO. Anyways, did you see Boone's presser? He already has those Cashman style circles under his eyes and he hasn't even managed a game yet!
                        Didnt see it, yet, but Im ready for baseball damn it.

                        Comment


                        • Comment


                          • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

                            Didnt see it, yet, but Im ready for baseball damn it.
                            I was waiting for pitchers and catchers to report the moment the Yankees season ended and the giants were eliminated when they were 0-5 to start the season.
                            “It drops deep as it does in my breath

                            I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

                            Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

                            I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

                            Nasir Jones

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SG88 View Post

                              I was waiting for pitchers and catchers to report the moment the Yankees season ended and the giants were eliminated when they were 0-5 to start the season.

                              Lol

                              Comment


                              • Alex Cora Reveals How Red Sox Will Attack New-Look Yankees In 2018.

                                Spring training is here and new Boston Red Sox manager Alex Cora addressed the media Tuesday in Fort Myers, Fla., answering a bevy of questions, including one that has been on every fans’ mind: how will Boston combat the new-look New York Yankees? The rival Yankees, as you may remember, acquired 2017 National League MVP Giancarlo Stanton from the Miami Marlins in the offseason, pairing him with young sluggers Aaron Judge and Gary Sanchez. While many are concerned the Red Sox, who didn’t make a splash in free agency (yet), will have difficulty winning their third American League East title in a row over the powerful Yankees, Cora thinks the Bronx Bombers are just like any other good AL team. Read more.

                                https://sports.yahoo.com/m/31093643-...w-red-sox.html

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X