Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Yankees 2018 Thread…

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yankees strike Minor League deal with Adam Lind.

    The Yankees and first baseman/outfielder Adam Lind have agreed on a Minor League contract with an invite to Major League Spring Training, the club announced Friday.

    Lind, 34, batted .303/.362/.513 with 14 home runs and 59 RBIs in 116 games for the Nationals last season.

    A 12-year big league veteran, Lind is a career .272/.330/.465 hitter with 200 home runs and 723 RBIs in 1,344 games. Read more.


    https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/yan...te/c-267674470



    Comment


    • Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post



      Defense is very important. Look how many runs Teixeira saved over the years at 1st base. He was still an asset even when his batting average dropped.
      yep. both are important. how many runs scored with a great bat? have to weigh them. I'm a bat wins guy for MLB b/c i think they usually have good enough gloves even the worst MLB gloves. but i hear ya man.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

        yep. both are important. how many runs scored with a great bat? have to weigh them. I'm a bat wins guy for MLB b/c i think they usually have good enough gloves even the worst MLB gloves. but i hear ya man.


        I love offense too, and it's going to be a blast watching this awesome line up for years to come. With that said, pitching and defense wins championships.

        Just look at the 2015 Mets. If they had solid defense, and their bullpen didn't blow leads in the World Series, they easily could've won it all that year.

        Comment


        • Tanaka lit up like a Christmas Tree today. 1.1 IP 4 ERs. Braves top prospect Acuna hit a HR. Dude is going to be really good IMO.
          http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post



            I love offense too, and it's going to be a blast watching this awesome line up for years to come. With that said, pitching and defense wins championships.

            Just look at the 2015 Mets. If they had solid defense, and their bullpen didn't blow leads in the World Series, they easily could've won it all that year.
            the best defense is good pitching. Just strike e1 out, then nobody has to catch anything.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

              the best defense is good pitching. Just strike e1 out, then nobody has to catch anything.


              +1

              I'll drink to that.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post



                +1

                I'll drink to that.
                WE CAN STRIKE EM ALL OUT! GO BABY BOMBERS!

                Comment


                • Miggy rips a 2 RBI double today.
                  Tyler Austin with the walk off 2 run bomb.
                  Giancarlo with a 2-3 day.
                  Torres still struggling early.0-2 with a K, hitting .077 so far this spring.
                  Gregorius goes 3-3

                  Yanks win another.

                  Man they have been looking great the last 2 springs lol. Last years carried over. Maybe this will too.

                  7-1 now
                  http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

                  Comment


                  • Masahiro Tanaka gives Yankees fans something to panic about

                    TAMPA — The nation of self-loathing Yankees fans always take the half-empty view of everything.

                    So, even when it comes to spring training games, they can unearth something to fret over. Friday, it was Masahiro Tanaka getting punished by the Braves in a 5-4 victory at George M. Steinbrenner Field.

                    It does not matter that it was Tanaka’s first game action of the spring. Nor does the pessimist take into account that Tanaka puts zero stock in what happens under the palm trees.

                    Still, four runs and four hits in 1 1/3 innings, including a long homer by stud prospect Ronald Acuna Jr., will be viewed by some that there is something terribly wrong with the 29-year-old right-hander. Read more.


                    https://nypost.com/2018/03/02/masahi...o-panic-about/


                    Comment


                    • Yankees win 5-4, Tanaka gave up all 4 runs in less than 2 IP.

                      Sounds like last year to start the regular season.
                      http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

                      Comment


                      • 15 years after That Home Run, Tim Wakefield and Aaron Boone reunite at Spring Training.

                        On Oct. 16, 2003, Aaron Boone capped a historic comeback and sent the Yankees to the World Series with a walk-off homer in the bottom of the 11th of ALCS Game 7. It's one of the most memorable dingers in baseball history, and the most triumphant moment of Boone's 12 seasons in the Majors.

                        It was not the most triumphant moment in the career of the man who gave it up, longtime Red Sox knuckleballer and rightful Hall of Famer Tim Wakefield. Happily, though, that homer appears to be water under the bridge: Read more.


                        http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2018/03/03/...fter-2003-alcs

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          Yankees win 5-4, Tanaka gave up all 4 runs in less than 2 IP.

                          Sounds like last year to start the regular season.
                          Tanaka was actually lights out in spring training last year. maybe he is doing the opposite this year by sucking in spring training and then being lights out in the regular season.
                          “It drops deep as it does in my breath

                          I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

                          Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

                          I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

                          Nasir Jones

                          Comment


                          • Clint Frazier remains shut down despite clean MRI, Luis Severino to make spring debut Thursday

                            FORT MYERS, Fla. - Clint Frazier, who has had a few setbacks as he tries to return from a concussion, had an MRI on Friday which came back clean, according to Aaron Boone.

                            Still, Frazier was shut down from activity on Saturday. He will see the doctor on Sunday, as expected.

                            “He came in and said he felt a little bit better today,” Boone said. “At least from all the testing we’ve done we feel like it’s not something severe.” Read more.


                            http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3853070


                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SG88 View Post

                              Tanaka was actually lights out in spring training last year. maybe he is doing the opposite this year by sucking in spring training and then being lights out in the regular season.


                              Are you saying he sucked on purpose yesterday?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post



                                Are you saying he sucked on purpose yesterday?
                                Lol, no. Im just hoping for a reverse of what happened last year.
                                “It drops deep as it does in my breath

                                I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

                                Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

                                I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

                                Nasir Jones

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X