New York Yankees 2018 Thread…

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Meh. It's all hype with him. Even when he is healthy he hasnt done much. He has a nice swing and had a nice playoff last year with some HRs but outside of that it's all wishful thinking. He has a nice glove though.
    Looking at his stats is crazy that he has been on the team since 2015 and has only had 304 at bats. He hasn't even played in 100 games yet. If he could ever stay healthy, he would be on pace to get over 30 hr and over 100 RBI.

I'm not sure If this article has been posted, but reading this kinda makes me angry. He said that he has been dealing with the issue since last September.

https://nypost.com/2018/04/08/now-gr...-from-yankees/
    Last edited by bigbluejeep8888; 04-16-2018, 02:48 PM.
    [SIGPIC]

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

Looking at his stats is crazy that he has been on the team since 2015 and has only had 304 at bats. He hasn't even played in 100 games yet. If he could ever stay healthy, he would be on pace to get over 30 hr and over 100 RBI.

I'm not sure If this article has been posted, but reading this kinda makes me angry. He said that he has been dealing with the issue since last September.

https://nypost.com/2018/04/08/now-gr...-from-yankees/
      I was all on board the Bird train, even as late as this spring. But this last injury, I'm hopping off. He is a broken slot machine. If only it worked and you hit the right combination...

Comment

I was all on board the Bird train, even as late as this spring. But this last injury, I'm hopping off. He is a broken slot machine. If only it worked and you hit the right combination...
        The guy is just a walking injury waiting to happen. Why he waited so long to get his foot looked at is beyond me. He depends on his body for a living. If he felt something was wrong he should of gotten it looked it. It's not like he would have to worry about medical bills. It makes no sense to me.
        [SIGPIC]

Comment

• After Saturday and Sunday’s games were postponed due to the weather in Detroit the Yankees are back home in the Bronx to begin a two game series with the Miami Marlins tonight. Luis Severino gets the start against former Yankees Caleb Smith. Giancarlo Stanton will face his former team for the first time tonight. Also a reminder tonight’s game will be a 6:35 PM ET start.

MUST TAKE 2

Comment

After Saturday and Sunday’s games were postponed due to the weather in Detroit the Yankees are back home in the Bronx to begin a two game series with the Miami Marlins tonight. Luis Severino gets the start against former Yankees Caleb Smith. Giancarlo Stanton will face his former team for the first time tonight. Also a reminder tonight’s game will be a 6:35 PM ET start.

MUST TAKE 2

Definitely need to take 2 and have a good week against Toronto. With Sevy on the bump tonight

Comment

• All Rise! Judge bombs #4

3-0 good guys

Stanton Ks of course....

Comment

• 7-0 good guys after a Didi blast.

Stanton was on base after getting hit on the knee. Looked ok

Comment

• Is it fair to say Didi's team leading 5 HRs is due in part to seeing better pitches batting behind Judge and Stanton, and ahead of Sanchez?

Comment

• Originally posted by William View Post
                    Is it fair to say Didi's team leading 5 HRs is due in part to seeing better pitches batting behind Judge and Stanton, and ahead of Sanchez?
                    Not sure. He was killing it last year too. I think he is naturally getting better each year, but Im sure being in the middle of those guys doesnt hurt.

I also think Stanton is trying to hard. He tried to get 8 RBIs on that bases loaded at bat.

Sevy back to dominating (it was the Marlins though).

Every starter with a hit, most with multiple hits, except Stanton who was 0-3 with a walk and a hit by pitch.

Good feeling

12-1 blowout

On to the next

Comment

• NOOOOOOO!

NEW YORK -- Gleyber Torres may soon be on his way to The Bronx, but for the moment, the Yankees' top prospect is remaining with his teammates at Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

Torres was removed after two at-bats in Monday's game at Gwinnett, prompting speculation of a possible promotion for the standout infielder. It was later learned that Torres was removed from the game for precautionary reasons, having reported stiffness on a 48-degree evening.

Hopefully he is alright and it was just the cold weather and dehydration. .

https://www.mlb.com/news/gleyber-tor...rs/c-272485672

Comment

• Betances looked better tonight even though he was pitching with a huge lead. It would be nice if he wasn't always so wild and attacked the zone more consistently. He has great stuff.

Comment

• Brandon Drury admits to having blurry vision all the time with his migraines.... Thanks buddy. Could have told us before we traded for ya!

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/y...ing-migraines/

Comment

• Aaron Judge quickest to hit 60 dingers. He did it in 197 games. Big Mac had the record in 202 games. This Judge kid, he actually might be pretty damn good. He is like the better cheaper version of.... Giancarlo Stanton.

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2018/04/16/...eer-home-runs/

Comment

Brandon Drury admits to having blurry vision all the time with his migraines.... Thanks buddy. Could have told us before we traded for ya!

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/y...ing-migraines/

That's the first thing I said to myself when I first heard it reported that he's been suffering from these migraines and blurred vision for years.

Comment

• Here is a crazy stat for ya:

So far this season, Didi Gregorius is hitting .327 and has 5 HRs and 16 RBIs. He has 12 BBs and only 4 Ks. He has more HRs than Ks. He has 16 hits on yhe season, only 4 are singles. That makes 75% of his hits for extra bases. 4 1B, 6 2B, 1 3B, 5 HRs.

Add in his plus plus defense and he is one of the best in the league at his position.

Comment

Working...
                                X