No announcement yet.

New York Yankees 2018 Thread…

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just heard on the Michael Kay show that the Yankees have just re-signed Adam Lind.

This doesn't sound good for Greg Bird's status.

Comment

• I can't believe how far back we are already at this pace we will finish 50 games behind the Red Sox

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post

I'm not talking about physical errors, I'm talking about mental ones. Like when Gary Sanchez scoops up a strike three pitch in the dirt, and instead of throwing to 1st base for the easy out, he instead tries to get the runner at 3rd base who was running from 2nd base. Base running blunders, etc. I have seen an increase in sloppy baseball so far this season. The decline in sharp, smart, crisp baseball from recent years is so obvious.
        Eh, I think the sloppy play has been there for years. You also have to understand we have a much younger infield this season than ever before. Andujar, Drury, Austin, Wade over vets like Castro and Headley. Didi is really the only constant.

Also, Cashman put Boone in a tough place having to give Stanton playing time every day. He clearly doesnt like DHing, and he is awful in left field. What else can he do with Stanton? Right field is Judges home. Its a rough spot Boone is in.

I would expect a drop off in catching from Gary going from Girardi to Boone, but to be honest, he wasnt great last year either.

And honestly, you ahve to expect Boone to be a step back from Giriadi. Joe was a MOY and a manager here for a decade. Boone is wet behind the ears and is going to have to learn a lot. Thats on Cashman too.

For all the great things Cash has done the past year and a half to rebuild, I think this past off season he blew it. How did we not improve our pitching at all? Much rather we trade for Cole and lose some good prospects over trading for Stanton and lose Castro who could be our 2nd baseman right now with Wade struggling again.

Last year we made 95 errors, or tied for 17th out of 30 in MLB. This year has started off rough, but I dont think they play this bad all year. The weather is playing a big part of it. Yanks have played every game so far this year in the north. No other team has had to do that.
        http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Just heard on the Michael Kay show that the Yankees have just re-signed Adam Lind.

Its a smart move. We can not trust Bird will ever be healthy. Time to move on.

Comment

• Bottom line is, 8-8 isnt that bad of a start, the problem is the Red Sox are 14-2 and clearly miles ahead of everyone else right now. As I type this, they already take an early lead in the 1st inning against the Angels again. Its crazy how good they are right now. It wont last all season, but it hurts right now. Everything is clicking for them. And they are about to get another top end pitcher in the rotation back, Pomeranz. Wish the Yanks were out west in some warm weather. Instead they get a 4 game set vs Toronto where temps are in the 30s and 40s.
            Last edited by TheAnalyst; 04-18-2018, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• The Red Sux win again in Anaheim tonight, 9-0.

WTF, Angels??

Comment

The Red Sux win again in Anaheim tonight, 9-0.

WTF, Angels??
                At least the Yankees didnt lose.

The Red Sox are not going to lose another game and will win the World Series outscoring their opponent 154-0.

It is going to happen since hell froze over and the Eagles won the SB.
                Last edited by TheAnalyst; 04-19-2018, 06:31 AM.

Comment

• I have a bad sense we're not as good a team this season as last. Doesn't make sense as we added Stanton. But the starting rotation looks weak to me...severino looks shaky in pressure situations and remains unproven, cc is old and creaky, gray is a nibbler and nothing like what we thought he'd be when we traded for him last year, and Tanaka is not off to a good start. The mid relievers are no where near the force they're advertised to be.....and weren't last season either....so I don't know where they're vaunted reputation comes from. And champan, for all his great stuff, remains not a sure thing at all when he comes in as closer. I really don't like this staff, top to bottom. I think we're seriously undermanned in the starter rotation versus world series contenders.

And like I said before, we lost a manager who had connected with the players and had started making decisions more on real-time situations, not stale data. Back to square 1 there w/ Boone
                  Last edited by William; 04-19-2018, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Just heard on the Michael Kay show that the Yankees have just re-signed Adam Lind.

How they didnt have a good backup plan already in place is beyond me. Bird is always hurt. They never should of counted on him to be a starting player.
                    [SIGPIC]

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

How they didnt have a good backup plan already in place is beyond me. Bird is always hurt. They never should of counted on him to be a starting player.
                      Austin was the backup plan and he is actually playing pretty well. Its just, he gets dinged up quite a bit too.

Comment

• MLB Power Rankings: The Astros are no longer the team to beat.

1. Red Sox (14-2; last week: 2)
                        Enjoy it, Boston. You’re No. 1 this week. And it might not be a one-week thing. The Red Sox early-season hot streak makes them the hands-down No. 1 team this week. The Red Sox keep looking fantastic — second-best ERA, second-most runs scored. And they’ve still only lost two games.

2. Angels (13-4; last week: 5)
                        The Angels look very real at the moment. They’ve scored the most runs in baseball, but what’s really impressive is that their pitching is among the best in the league. For a team that didn’t have a great rotation, that’s impressive. There will be a lot more questions about Shohei Ohtani after Tuesday night’s outing, but that shouldn’t discount the Angels’ great start.

3. Diamondbacks (12-4; last week: 3)
                        People worried about their offense without J.D. Martinez, but the D-backs had a radical idea to fix that: Not give up runs. They’ve got a sub-3.00 team ERA

4. Mets (12-4, last week: 4)
                        After winning a cool nine in a row, the Mets have dropped a couple to the Nats this week. But, by the look of things, Mets fans shouldn’t fret. And we won’t either.

5. Astros (11-7; last week: 1)
                        It was bound to happen: The Astros looked human this week after running into the Twins, Mariners and Rangers. There’s no reason to worry about them — especially if Gerrit Cole keeps pitching the way he has. But they’ve ceded the American League West to the Angels for now, and they’ve dropped a bit for us.

6. Indians (9-6; last week: 9)
                        We’re starting to see flashes of the team we know the Indians can be. They’ve won six of seven around a few rainouts.

7. Blue Jays (11-5; last week: 10)
                        Every move the Blue Jays made in the offseason was underwhelming, but we’re starting to see the value in guys like Vangervis Solarte and Aledmys Diaz. Depth pieces are important. After Toronto went through all those injuries last year, they made sure to pick up guys who could produce if things went haywire again. Those two, along with Randal Grichuk and Curtis Granderson, have already shown their worth.

8. Yankees (8-8; last week: 7)
                        The Yankees still aren’t blowing everyone away. Aaron Judge is smashing the ball. Giancarlo Stanton is not. They’re not as good as the Red Sox, but they’re not bad. Read more.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mlb-pow...003624143.html

Comment

• Can somebody please teach Gary Sanchez how to catch the ****ing baseball. He needs to be a DH
                          [SIGPIC]

Comment

• one of the worst bull pens in history, bar none. someone explain to me how they were ever considered our strength?

Comment

• This has to be the funniest thing I've ever read:

Jacoby Ellsbury, OF

Injury: Was shut down earlier this week with heel soreness while rehabbing in Tampa from a left hip injury that occurred while he was rehabbing from an oblique strain that occurred while he was taking BP before a March 2 spring training game on.

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/...esults_lu.html
                              [SIGPIC]

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
                                This has to be the funniest thing I've ever read:

Jacoby Ellsbury, OF

Injury: Was shut down earlier this week with heel soreness while rehabbing in Tampa from a left hip injury that occurred while he was rehabbing from an oblique strain that occurred while he was taking BP before a March 2 spring training game on.

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/...esults_lu.html
                                lol, and all that w/o a groin injury?

Comment

Working...
                                X