Penn State V. Ohio State

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn State V. Ohio State

Barkley breaks it for a TD on the first play!
    Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game.

Penn State's play calling destroys the Giants play calling.
    (BTW. Don't mind if I post a lot now. I'm just about drunk at this point)
    Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game.

Comment

Penn State looks great.
      Last edited by TheAnalyst; 11-05-2017, 07:51 AM.
      Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Barkley TD! How does someone his size move like that. This dude's ridiculous.

Comment

If the giants have a chance to draft Barkley and pass on him like they did Gurley, I would be pissed off. Let's just hope That Reese isn't here to make that call.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneroses6300 View Post
            Penn State's play calling destroys the Giants play calling.
            (BTW. Don't mind if I post a lot now. I'm just about drunk at this point)
            Tecmo Bowl's play calling destroys the giants play calling.

Comment

Barkley has been bottled up all game long. The TDs were great but he has been stopped every other run. Not sure I see him as good as a Zeke Elliot or Leonard Fournette. Maybe. Have to watch more of him. Ohio St has had him though. Gane plan must have been stop the run first, and stop the run second.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                Barkley has been bottled up all game long. The TDs were great but he has been stopped every other run. Not sure I see him as good as a Zeke Elliot or Leonard Fournette. Maybe. Have to watch more of him. Ohio St has had him though. Gane plan must have been stop the run first, and stop the run second.
                Yeah, you should watch more of him.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

Yeah, you should watch more of him.
                  Ohio St shut him down. He had 1 good run in this game for the TD. and a opening kickoff return. I still like him, but not sure about a top 5 pick with our OL in shambles.

Comment

Ohio St shut him down. He had 1 good run in this game for the TD. and a opening kickoff return. I still like him, but not sure about a top 5 pick with our OL in shambles.

He had a bad game. It happens to the best of them. That is why I would trade down, get Barkley, and revamp the oline. It can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

He had a bad game. It happens to the best of them. That is why I would trade down, get Barkley, and revamp the oline. It can be done.
                      Oh if we trade down, Im ok. OL must be #1 priority.

By the way, he has had a few bad games this season. This was the most Ive watched him though and really wasnt insanely impressed.

Georgia St 10 carires for 47 yards
                      Indiana 20 carries for 56 yards
                      Northwestern 16 carries for 75 yards
                      And now Ohio St 21 carries for 44 yards

Those arent powerhouses either outisde of OSU.

Id just take caution to thinking he is the next great RB. Elliot was a monster in college.

Comment

That game was a classic. I actually thought the Ohio St. defense did a very good job against Barkley. I'm not sure about taking Barkley with a top 5 pick. Is he an Elliot or a Fourtnet ?

People were saying Christian McCaffrey was going to be a superstar and though he is doing very well at receiving he is having a hard time running the ball at the half way mark.

The Ohio St. QB J.T. Barnett (I think that's his name) impressed me with a comeback and a dynamic 4th qtr. really made some great throws in small windows. Don't know if he's considered a top prospect. But I'd give him a look at his workout for sure.

Great game really enjoyed it wasn't rooting for anyone. Wanted to see Barkley vs Ohio St. defense.

Comment

Oh if we trade down, Im ok. OL must be #1 priority.

By the way, he has had a few bad games this season. This was the most Ive watched him though and really wasnt insanely impressed.

Georgia St 10 carires for 47 yards
                          Indiana 20 carries for 56 yards
                          Northwestern 16 carries for 75 yards
                          And now Ohio St 21 carries for 44 yards

Those arent powerhouses either outisde of OSU.

Id just take caution to thinking he is the next great RB. Elliot was a monster in college.
                          So, lets just add another stat line vs Michigan St

14 rushes for 63 yards 0 TDs

Sorry, I just dont see the top 5 pick here.

He hasnt rushed for 100 yards in 6 of his 9 games this season. Go look back at Elliot and Fournettes numbers and tell me if they looked like that.

I think he can still be a good back, but this is not a good look for him.

Comment

He hasnt rushed for 100 yards in 6 of his 9 games this season. Go look back at Elliot and Fournettes numbers and tell me if they looked like that.

I'll do ya one better: comparing fournette, elliot and barkely to: Aaron jones:

Aaron Jones had comparable stats to all of them in college. We could have had him in the 4th or 5th round last year. Now he is the starting RB for Green Bay.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...elliott-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...urnette-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...barkley-1.html

VS.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...n-jones-6.html

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-...Lcom-109874460

Yep.

here's another thing to consider: if san fran takes barkely in the draft: they will have to cut one of their RBs. they have 3 very good RBs. They likely cut matt breida. I'd take breida in a heartbeat if I am the NYG. some of us were high on him in the draft last year also as a late round pick. He went as an UDFA to san fran.

Last years RB class was chock full of talent. Historic. Yet the NYG wasted amid round draft pick on gallman, who is, meh. Sigh. Somebody ought to be fired.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/fo...e-poor-outing/

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/matt-breida-1.html

I think Barkley is very good. Rare size and speed combo. But:

Also do not see how any RB is ever worth a top 5 pick. Any RB can succeed behind a good Oline but not vice versa. What does that tell you logically? it tells you that Oline is way more valuable than RB position wise. Right?

Most Rbs shelf life is 5 years or less. There are exceptions, but what are the chances you hit on pick to be the next barry sanders? Does not make sense to gamble on such a long shot IMO.
                            Last edited by bigpoppy; 11-11-2017, 09:27 PM.

Comment

I think Fournette managed 5 or 6 yards vs Bama
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                              X