Can't get over the fact that

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get over the fact that

Hakeem Nicks is 29 years old. The same age as Dez, Antonio Brown, and AJ Green. Talk about bad injury luck. He was a stud at age 22 and out of the league by 27.

Even Manningham is only 31 and hes been out of the league for like 4 years. And now Cruz is done and he won't be 31 until later this week. Steve Smith is only 32 as well and hasn't been in the league for 4 or 5 years.

The Giants had a terrible run of luck when it came to receivers and coming back from injury.

Lets hope and pray that Odell is an exception to that trend.

Hmm what is the common denominator here? I know Nick's got the injury trying to stretch a run and Cruz on a vicious hit in end zone.

But it has been said a # of times that Eli hangs his guys out to dry. Hey and I'm a big Eli fan. But when u start listing all these guys gone from league and others that got hurt like Brandon Marshall and Shep just this year
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
      Hmm what is the common denominator here? I know Nick's got the injury trying to stretch a run and Cruz on a vicious hit in end zone.

But it has been said a # of times that Eli hangs his guys out to dry. Hey and I'm a big Eli fan. But when u start listing all these guys gone from league and others that got hurt like Brandon Marshall and Shep just this year
      When you start listing all these guys gone from league and others that got hurt like Brandon Marshall and Shep just this year what happens? Logic and reason simply stops? Or maybe that only happens when signing on to this site.

Comment

Cruz just ruin his knee on a throw that was a little off from Eli. Nicks just a freak accident with his foot against Tampa when he went off in that game and never heal again. I believe nicks was better than Dez and Demarius if he stayed healthy. You can put Nicks
        Cruz/Phillips/Wilson/Smith on the list of player we couldve use to help this team not miss so many playoff.

Comment

Cruz's knee injury with Giants there was no contact. You got right play?

Comment

Originally posted by uther99 View Post

Cruz's knee injury with Giants there was no contact. You got right play?
            Someone above saying TB Game when he planted wrong. I seem to remember it being in a prime time game vs eagles in end zone and I thought it was a dirty hit. Maybe I'm WRONG I guess. Getting older and memories are not what they once were
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE

Comment

Someone above saying TB Game when he planted wrong. I seem to remember it being in a prime time game vs eagles in end zone and I thought it was a dirty hit. Maybe I'm WRONG I guess. Getting older and memories are not what they once were
              He missed time directly after the TB game, he was never the same after that dominant performance. He was already injured and had the injured foot stomped on in an awkward way by I believe Aqib Talib when he was going to the ground after a catch. There's video of it on youtube

Comment

Oh wait, my mistake. I thought you were talking about Nicks, you're right. Except cruz wasn't hit dirty from what I recall. It was kind of a freak injury, no contact. Sorry about that, I got confused

Comment

Originally posted by nick030567 View Post

Oh wait, my mistake. I thought you were talking about Nicks, you're right. Except cruz wasn't hit dirty from what I recall. It was kind of a freak injury, no contact. Sorry about that, I got confused
                  And I will never forget him crying in end zone cause he knew how bad it was. Also getting curb stomped by the Eagles that night ( I believe they shut us out something like 27-0? ) Added to our misery

4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE

Comment

We have a WR killer. Add in Odell and BRandon to the list.
                    Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      We have a WR killer. Add in Odell and BRandon to the list.
                      And almost Engram last week!

Comment

Working...
                      X