Willis McGahee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    sigh...... people REALLY do want every player released no matter who it is.
    He's a good player...lol.
    sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      Well we did take Barden back lol
      Yeah back to Cal-Poly...
      sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

But Willis is a good player? We're heading into the season without a real veteran RB on our roster and very little reliability.

Wilson is into is second year - whose to see his fumbling issues don't come back?

Brown hasn't proven he can last a full season

Torain can't stay healthy, Scott hasn't done much at all and Cox hasn't had much playing time at college.

Although I'm excited about Wilson and Brown next year, I can't help but think it's a risk. If Wilson was to go down Week 1, I don't know whether we'd be that dominant with, say, Brown and Da'Rel Scott as our two RB's.

Comment

where is this myth about wilson and his "fumbling issues" coming from? bradshaw coughed up more balls then he did last year.

i still remember that injury Willis had in the national title game way back, the fact hes lasted this long as a tough running back is nothing short of incredible.

Comment

No, he's injury prone....Lets try to start healthy....If anything, get Leach..

Comment

Originally posted by UKAnt14 View Post

Wilson is into is second year - whose to see his fumbling issues don't come back?
              Wilson fumbled once all season. In his first game.

Comment

But Willis is a good player? We're heading into the season without a real veteran RB on our roster and very little reliability.

2012 stats:

Wilson: 1 Fumble in 132 total touches.

McGahee: 5 fumbles in 193 touches
                sigpic

Comment

Do you reckon the Giants make a play for Willis McGahee following his release from Denver?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ase-by-broncos
                  If we had no interest in Bradshaw then we should have no interest in McGahee
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                    if he is willing to sign a vet min deal or something near it, yes. we wouldnt bring him here to be thr 1 or even 2 rb, so it doesnt really effect DW. It may AB as their may be some sort of camp competition were we to bring him in. This is about getting better across the board. just bc we're set at #1 and #2 depth chart rb's doesnt mean #3 is set...1- he is good in pass protection. 2-he's an everydown back that we could use as depth. 3- he'd be a good mentor for the younger guys.

if Leach was someone we were reaching out bc of pass protection issues out of the backfield, you'd have to assume McGahee makes more sense seeing we have Hyno nd then Bear.

Beyond Wilson and AB, we dont really have anything proven.
                    I just don't get you guys.
                    Why on earth would Willis McGahee sign with a team where he would be a third string back? Why on earth would WE sign a third string back that would have no interest or experience in playing special teams. Which is what a third string back MUST play?

No offense but some of you guys really need to think before you post.
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      I just don't get you guys.
                      Why on earth would Willis McGahee sign with a team where he would be a third string back? Why on earth would WE sign a third string back that would have no interest or experience in playing special teams. Which is what a third string back MUST play?

No offense but some of you guys really need to think before you post.
                      I agree, plus i mean if we wouldn't give that spot to Bradshaw why would we do it with McGhee?

Plus it looks likes this Cox kid may be the new Bradshaw (in terms of draft spot and head turning as a rookie)

Comment

Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
                        I agree, plus i mean if we wouldn't give that spot to Bradshaw why would we do it with McGhee?

Plus it looks likes this Cox kid may be the new Bradshaw (in terms of draft spot and head turning as a rookie)
                        Because Matt some folks just post without thinking.
                        Do you think they remember that we cut Amhad Bradshaw? That we did NOT ask him to take a pay cut? Because we are moving on to Wilson and Brown.

So lets just forget all that and sign a vet who will want serious playing time and will not play ST's.

You wonder why these guys frustrate me Matt....

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          Because Matt some folks just post without thinking.
                          Do you think they remember that we cut Amhad Bradshaw? That we did NOT ask him to take a pay cut? Because we are moving on to Wilson and Brown.

So lets just forget all that and sign a vet who will want serious playing time and will not play ST's.

You wonder why these guys frustrate me Matt....
                          Lol u know i don't wonder why, I get it. I just think that alot of what u said about Eli, u got uptight about when similar arguments were made about Simms. Other then that were on the same page.

Comment

Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
                            Lol u know i don't wonder why, I get it. I just think that alot of what u said about Eli, u got uptight about when similar arguments were made about Simms. Other then that were on the same page.
                            I'm trying to find the Phil Simms referencee in this thread.
                            My problem with these guys has nothing to do with their crap about Phil. That's just lashing out by children. I'm used to that.

Comment

Do you reckon the Giants make a play for Willis McGahee following his release from Denver?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ase-by-broncos
                              I have nothing against McGahee, but I'd rather bring Jacobs back if we had the roster space.

McGahee is 32 years old and doesn't know the system.
                              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

No chance.
                                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                                X