Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's the outrage for Tom Brady screaming at his coach?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

Your response is beyond ridiculous and is actually insulting.
    Good, I generally insult stupidity.

You clearly don't interact with black people that much at all if at all. I wouldn't bring it up if it wasn't a problem. It is extremely easy to talk like this from the internet. If you actually said this crap to a black person's face, you would be slapped, especially by a black woman. You're a borderline bigot. I've seen your interactions with other members on here when it comes to race and it is the same type of crap. People like you are exactly why things won't change, mainly because you refuse to acknowledge the issues. Bye Felicia.
    I'm glad the people I do interact with do not believe the way to deal with their disagreements is violence as you seem to. I've discussions on topics like this and it has never devolved into violence.

Comment

Thanks for actually understanding and not providing an extremely bigtoted response like that other poster that I will never interact with again. My take was similar to one that former players have said for years. Others on the radio and television (black and white) have also shared my opinion. He or she is just another cowardly racist to throw into the fire. What is even more hilarious is that they spectate a predominantly black sport.
      LMFAO....cool, throw me into a fire. Personal attacks and threats of violence over the internet. But I am the coward because I disagreed with your idiotic statement. You really can't make this stuff up. I for one hope for only good things for you.

Comment

Where was the outrage about Jordan's all nighters in AC during the NBA playoffs? Outrage for such things is rarely wasted on those who sniff rarified air.
        sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

There is such a double standard when it comes to him. He is on the sidelines screaming at Josh McDaniels and then told him "**** you" for the whole world to see. Let a black athlete do that to a coach. He would be called a thug, a cancer, and/or selfish. Tell me I'm wrong. It is pathetic that the media is totally going to let that slide. If OBJ did it, all hell would break loose.
          This isn't the first time Tom Brady has been caught screaming at someone on the coaching staff or a teammate on the sidelines. And Odell would definitely catch more heat if he was screaming at a member of the coaching staff because he has earned more of a reputation for immature behavior than Brady. I'm a huge Odell fan, but he's not helping change the perception of him being immature by taking to Twitter to complain about how he would be treated vs a 5-time SB champion QB. Plus, WRs tend to have more of the 'diva' reputation than QBs, so any WR would catch more heat than a QB would for yelling at a member of the coaching staff or a teammate on the sideline.
          One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

My QB could hit the HC over the head with a tire iron if he won 5 SB's ....

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post

This isn't the first time Tom Brady has been caught screaming at someone on the coaching staff or a teammate on the sidelines. And Odell would definitely catch more heat if he was screaming at a member of the coaching staff because he has earned more of a reputation for immature behavior than Brady. I'm a huge Odell fan, but he's not helping change the perception of him being immature by taking to Twitter to complain about how he would be treated vs a 5-time SB champion QB. Plus, WRs tend to have more of the 'diva' reputation than QBs, so any WR would catch more heat than a QB would for yelling at a member of the coaching staff or a teammate on the sideline.
              Oh, Beckham felt he had to bring this up? I'd really like all receivers, black and white, to take into consideration what their job requires vs. some of the other positions on the field (particularly QB), and just STFU and quit with all the antics. This last guy with the ball in his hands is the king of the world crap is getting extremely old.

Comment

Didn't the NFL spend millions to bring Brady down in Deflategate?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Oh, Beckham felt he had to bring this up? I'd really like all receivers, black and white, to take into consideration what their job requires vs. some of the other positions on the field (particularly QB), and just STFU and quit with all the antics. This last guy with the ball in his hands is the king of the world crap is getting extremely old.
                  IDK, I think OBJ has a right to complain. Every time he shows any emotion on the field the sports media explodes about it. Seeing Brady do much the same thing, if I were in his shoes I'd be pretty PO also. Now there are lots of reasons why they would respond differently to different players, but i doesn't exactly make it fair. I think OBJ has a legitimate gripe; though I don't think voicing that gripe will help change anything for the better for him. I think OBJ is emotional and somewhat immature. I have no issues with either of that. Nothing wrong with playing with passion just like there is nothing wrong with plying dispassionately like Eli. Whatever works for you. As far as being somewhat immature, who cares, he's still young and young people tend to be immature by nature. He'll learn to make better choices in how to express his emotion and experience will help him mature. He's a great player and I am glad he is on my favorite team. People get way too bent out of shape over stupid stuff like dog peeing on the field. Express your disapproval so he hears it and move on, it doesn't make him a bad kid.

Tom Brady on the other hand is an *******. If I am given the choice between spending time with Brady or OBJ, I'll pick OBJ every time and it isn't because he's a Giant.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post

IDK, I think OBJ has a right to complain. Every time he shows any emotion on the field the sports media explodes about it. Seeing Brady do much the same thing, if I were in his shoes I'd be pretty PO also. Now there are lots of reasons why they would respond differently to different players, but i doesn't exactly make it fair. I think OBJ has a legitimate gripe; though I don't think voicing that gripe will help change anything for the better for him. I think OBJ is emotional and somewhat immature. I have no issues with either of that. Nothing wrong with playing with passion just like there is nothing wrong with plying dispassionately like Eli. Whatever works for you. As far as being somewhat immature, who cares, he's still young and young people tend to be immature by nature. He'll learn to make better choices in how to express his emotion and experience will help him mature. He's a great player and I am glad he is on my favorite team. People get way too bent out of shape over stupid stuff like dog peeing on the field. Express your disapproval so he hears it and move on, it doesn't make him a bad kid.

Tom Brady on the other hand is an *******. If I am given the choice between spending time with Brady or OBJ, I'll pick OBJ every time and it isn't because he's a Giant.
                    You're totally overlooking that one guy does it for the attention (then bemoans getting it), and the other guy does it for results.

Comment

WRs know that they've got one of the 'glamour positions' that fans and the media are going to focus on since they're the ones catching most of the passes and scoring most of the TDs in the endzone. That's probably why they keep trying to outdo each other with TD celebrations. It is what it is, and they aren't going to change. And I really don't have a problem with it.

As for Odell, I love his competitive fire and when he's trying to rally his teammates on the sideline. I wish more of the Giants players had that kind of competitive fire. The thing that Odell needs to recognize is that some of the public perception of him starting to shift after he went crazy against Josh Norman a couple of years ago and some of his other actions since then have only fed into that perception. It's the reason why some people will find fault with just about anything he does, whether it warrants criticism or not. But Odell has to recognize the part he's played in turning himself into a lightening rod for some of that criticism, warranted and unwarranted. If Odell wants to change the negative perception that some people have of him then he has to change some of the negative behavior. Odell should keep his competitive fire since it helps make him the player he is, but he can cut down on some of the immature behavior.
                      One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

You're totally overlooking that one guy does it for the attention (then bemoans getting it), and the other guy does it for results.
                        I'm not going to try to divine either player's intent and neither should anybody else. The behavior is either appropriate or not. If your opinion is that a temper tantrum on the sidelines is inappropriate, it should not matter who is throwing the tantrum.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post

WRs know that they've got one of the 'glamour positions' that fans and the media are going to focus on since they're the ones catching most of the passes and scoring most of the TDs in the endzone. That's probably why they keep trying to outdo each other with TD celebrations. It is what it is, and they aren't going to change. And I really don't have a problem with it.

As for Odell, I love his competitive fire and when he's trying to rally his teammates on the sideline. I wish more of the Giants players had that kind of competitive fire. The thing that Odell needs to recognize is that some of the public perception of him starting to shift after he went crazy against Josh Norman a couple of years ago and some of his other actions since then have only fed into that perception. It's the reason why some people will find fault with just about anything he does, whether it warrants criticism or not. But Odell has to recognize the part he's played in turning himself into a lightening rod for some of that criticism, warranted and unwarranted. If Odell wants to change the negative perception that some people have of him then he has to change some of the negative behavior. Odell should keep his competitive fire since it helps make him the player he is, but he can cut down on some of the immature behavior.
                          Well stated.

Comment

I'm not going to try to divine either player's intent and neither should anybody else. The behavior is either appropriate or not. If your opinion is that a temper tantrum on the sidelines is inappropriate, it should not matter who is throwing the tantrum.
                            O.K., but does Brady continually gone through antics other than sideline venting, stopped playing his position for almost an entire game to chase around an opposing player, and tried to end their career with a uncalled for helmet to helmet shot?

Comment

O.K., but does Brady continually gone through antics other than sideline venting, stopped playing his position for almost an entire game to chase around an opposing player, and tried to end their career with a uncalled for helmet to helmet shot?
                              Not that I am aware. But it really is irrelevant, past infractions may be used to determine consequences of current actions but should not factor in the criticism of current actions.

Comment

Not that I am aware. But it really is irrelevant, past infractions may be used to determine consequences of current actions but should not factor in the criticism of current actions.
                                That's not how I roll. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X