Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017-2018 NFL Playoff Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

    I understand where you and Jimmie are coming from. You guys are just more forgiving than me.

    This is a pee wee football play. If you're a DB and you need to have that coached into you at the pro level, I do not need know anything more about your level of intelligence.

    Sad is that when that ball was thrown up for grabs nearly everyone who ever played DB in his life, myself included, thought bat it down. Sadder is that players are so stupid that we not only accept it, we excuse it.
    Some of the instinct at the NFL level can't really be taught. Some players have very good instinct for the game. Some players don't. That's one of the things that separates a great player from an average player. Just my opinion. I'm not saying that Panthers DB is a great player just from that 1 INT obviously lol.

    Comment


    • And you never know, maybe they have a clause in their contract that if they get an interception in a playoff game they get an extra $100K or something. You never know.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        And you never know, maybe they have a clause in their contract that if they get an interception in a playoff game they get an extra $100K or something. You never know.
        Could be; although I'd hate to think that a guy was conscious enough to know the right play to help his team try to win a game and knowingly didn't do it because of his contract kickers.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

          Could be; although I'd hate to think that a guy was conscious enough to know the right play to help his team try to win a game and knowingly didn't do it because of his contract kickers.
          Money talks. You dont think teams are aware of players contract kickers and do stuff to avoid it sometimes? It happens.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
            Jags at Steelers
            Titans at Patriots
            Falcons at Eagles
            Saints at Vikings

            Your final 8
            Today Im going:

            Eagles over Falcons for an upset. Eagles arent getting any chances with Wentz out. I think that motivates the team, especially the defense. I dont like the Falcons in the cold.

            Pats over Titans. This one might be closer than most think. I think it comes down to the Titans running ability with Henry and Mariota vs Brady finding Gronk. Take Brady in that scenario everytime. Watch the refs closely in this one. The refs love to see the Pats win.

            Jags over Steelers for an upset. That Jags defense is ferocious. They arent getting any respect from Pittsburgh or the media because of Blake Bortles. Its going to be tough to stop the Steelers WRs, but I think they force Ben to make some errors again. Jags in a close low scoring game.

            Saints over Vikings. Minny defense is very good, but Drew Brees is better. Drew is like a surgeon out there at times, and the emergence of Alvin Kamara is huge for him. Saints D isnt that bad either. I think they get a couple turnovers and defeat the Vikings.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

              Today Im going:

              Eagles over Falcons for an upset. Eagles arent getting any chances with Wentz out. I think that motivates the team, especially the defense. I dont like the Falcons in the cold.

              Pats over Titans. This one might be closer than most think. I think it comes down to the Titans running ability with Henry and Mariota vs Brady finding Gronk. Take Brady in that scenario everytime. Watch the refs closely in this one. The refs love to see the Pats win.

              Jags over Steelers for an upset. That Jags defense is ferocious. They arent getting any respect from Pittsburgh or the media because of Blake Bortles. Its going to be tough to stop the Steelers WRs, but I think they force Ben to make some errors again. Jags in a close low scoring game.

              Saints over Vikings. Minny defense is very good, but Drew Brees is better. Drew is like a surgeon out there at times, and the emergence of Alvin Kamara is huge for him. Saints D isnt that bad either. I think they get a couple turnovers and defeat the Vikings.
              All except the first. Foles is not Hostetler . He will throw picks. The kind that change the aspect of the game.
              Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TEM View Post

                All except the first. Foles is not Hostetler . He will throw picks. The kind that change the aspect of the game.
                Hope you are right. I just have a hard time thinking the Falcons can play well enough in the cold. Matt Ryan just isnt the same out of that dome environment.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

                  Hope you are right. I just have a hard time thinking the Falcons can play well enough in the cold. Matt Ryan just isnt the same out of that dome environment.
                  I think Ryan has enough playoff experience not to let the cold affect his game.
                  Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

                  Comment


                  • Eagles over Falcons is an upset? Whose the one with the much better record, higher seed, and playing at home? Just because they lost Carson Wentz doesn't mean the rest of the team suddenly sucks. Eagles have won games after Wentz went down like Foles' 4 TD performance on the Giants and the No. 1 seed clincher against the Raiders.

                    I'll go with the Vikings to take it all the way for their first SB victory and the first team to win the SB at their home stadium. lol
                    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 01-13-2018, 12:31 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                      Eagles over Falcons is an upset? Whose the one with the much better record, higher seed, and playing at home? Just because they lost Carson Wentz doesn't mean the rest of the team suddenly sucks. Eagles have won games after Wentz went down like Foles' 4 TD performance on the Giants and the No. 1 seed clincher against the Raiders.

                      I'll go with the Vikings to take it all the way for their first SB victory and the first team to win the SB at their home stadium. lol
                      According to every media station and Vegas, the Falcons are favorites.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TEM View Post

                        I think Ryan has enough playoff experience not to let the cold affect his game.

                        what is ryan and the falcons known for after that SB loss?
                        https://giphy.com/gifs/choke-lzSIG3zb1Znna

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post


                          what is ryan and the falcons known for after that SB loss?
                          https://giphy.com/gifs/choke-lzSIG3zb1Znna
                          LOL but losing in that fashion is a big motivator.
                          Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TEM View Post

                            LOL but losing in that fashion is a big motivator.
                            Motivation wont get you a win in cold weather if you are a southern dome team not used to it. All the games last year were in Atlanta. Its the same reasoning why people dont think the Saints can do it when they dont have the home field advantage.

                            Comment


                            • It's annoying how the Eagles got Ajayi for a fart in a Ziploc bag while Reese was sleeping.

                              Comment


                              • So far Falcons look terrible as I worried. They aren't a cold weather team. Hope they turn it around soon.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X