How do you feel?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel?

When your favorite athlete will retire or be replaced?

Watching the game won't be the same again for a long time.

I'm conflicted, Eli Manning is my favorite player of all time and Sundays without him will not be the same. A big part of me wants to rebuild and go for it with him again but here, we have a chance to get a franchise QB for another 15 years plus. Im pretty conflicted about this and have never felt this way about a pro athlete, not Jeter, not Ewing and not even Jordan. I hated the Bulls maybe that's why.. Is there anyone you guys felt this way when he retired from your favorite team?

​​​​

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
    When your favorite athlete will retire or be replaced?

Watching the game won't be the same again for a long time.

I'm conflicted, Eli Manning is my favorite player of all time and Sundays without him will not be the same. A big part of me wants to rebuild and go for it with him again but here, we have a chance to get a franchise QB for another 15 years plus. Im pretty conflicted about this and have never felt this way about a pro athlete, not Jeter, not Ewing and not even Jordan. I hated the Bulls maybe that's why.. Is there anyone you guys felt this way when he retired from your favorite team?

​​​​
    It's going to happen several times in your life. I guess you get used to it. Fran Tarkenton got traded when I was young and it hurt, but you root for your team.
    Phil got released and I rooted hard for Dave Brown.

The first time it happens in your life it hurts because it's all you ever know. But you start embracing the change eventually.
    It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

It's going to happen several times in your life. I guess you get used to it. Fran Tarkenton got traded when I was young and it hurt, but you root for your team.
      Phil got released and I rooted hard for Dave Brown.

The first time it happens in your life it hurts because it's all you ever know. But you start embracing the change eventually.
      Thanks, yeah first time lol. If we draft a QB I'll root hard for him to be successful and bring some championships.

My brother is a Jets fan, he never got attached to anyone on the team so when they stink, he has no problems missing a game. For me, even this year while we were going through all this turmoil, I was watching the Giants because there was a chance this could be eli's last year.

Comment

It is inevitable . When OJ Anderson was cut. That was a tough one for me.
        Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Strahan leaving hurt. He still had it in him.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
            It is inevitable . When OJ Anderson was cut. That was a tough one for me.
            Alot before my time, but thanks for sharing.
            ​​​​

Comment

Appreciate that you guys are sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                Thats true he could have played a couple of more years. One of my favorite giants too..

Comment

I'm still recovering from the unexpected rise from nowhere and the fall of Victor Cruz. Time goes forward and players can't play forever. When you follow a team for very long time, players come and go leaving an everlasting imprint on the franchise if they're special. We're going to miss Eli as many of us watched him from the very beginning as a Giant.

Comment

Like old man Morehead said, it will happen many times in your life. I still remember how i felt when Mark Messier and Patrick Ewing retired..... Strahan was different because of how he left.

it sucks, but players come and go, the team will always be there
                    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Thanks guys, this is good counseling.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                        I'm still recovering from the unexpected rise from nowhere and the fall of Victor Cruz. Time goes forward and players can't play forever. When you follow a team for very long time, players come and go leaving an everlasting imprint on the franchise if they're special. We're going to miss Eli as many of us watched him from the very beginning as a Giant.
                        2011 was special, I really liked Cruz but Nicks more and also Manningham. Loved that Manning to Manningham Touchdown!!! call. I wish those guys had longer careers.
                        Last edited by DarkSaint; 01-07-2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          Yeah but he's smart....went out with a ring and then got paid $$$ for tv
                          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                          "No...I didn't."
                          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                            I'm still recovering from the unexpected rise from nowhere and the fall of Victor Cruz
                            Yeah that sucked....wish he never got hurt.....

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                            "No...I didn't."
                            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

I hated to see Nicks go....he was one of my all time favs
                              "No...I didn't."

Comment

Working...
                              X