Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rules Changes result in better tackling technique

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rules Changes result in better tackling technique

    Maybe it's just me but have you fans noticed a difference in better tackling league wide? Not to mention in the college game? The head shots without wrapping the arms has been replaced by mid-section hits and wrapping the arms. Defenders tackling by the ankles.

    Better tackling technique - What a concept.

    Has anybody seen the same?

  • #2
    I have seen better tackling on other teams, yes. It hasn't made it to East Rutherford yet.

    I think head hunting is down, it took a few years but things are better.

    Tackling over the week-end was very good. I think part of the problem comes from no training camp.
    All teams seem to look ragged for the first 5 or 6 weeks.

    The league has a lot of issues but I agree with your point.
    No one remembers who came in second.

    Comment


    • #3
      Tackling is ok but blocking has gone totally in the toilet. OL are no longer drilled sufficiently to be proficient. The athletes on DLs are really starting to pull away talent wise from OL it seems

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jomo View Post
        I have seen better tackling on other teams, yes. It hasn't made it to East Rutherford yet.

        I think head hunting is down, it took a few years but things are better.

        Tackling over the week-end was very good. I think part of the problem comes from no training camp.
        All teams seem to look ragged for the first 5 or 6 weeks.

        The league has a lot of issues but I agree with your point.
        It seems to come and go with our team - yet I see many of the same defensive players out there, and the coaching hasn't changed in a few years.

        Even in 2015, the Giant's defense started the season with enthusiastic gang tackling and holding down the oppositions' running games.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TE88 View Post
          Tackling is ok but blocking has gone totally in the toilet. OL are no longer drilled sufficiently to be proficient. The athletes on DLs are really starting to pull away talent wise from OL it seems
          I think the tackling is much more traditional than it has been in a while. But yeah, the OL and blocking is atrocious. Rather than GAP control it appears to be more like obstruction for a few moments in hopes the QB gets rid of the football. Anything other than obstruction (a step forward) and the defender walks right around a lot of these guys.

          They come from these college spread offense and barley practice to defend an NFL defense. It's awful. I've kinda given up on drafting them after years of begging for them. I can't find an answer anymore.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post

            I think the tackling is much more traditional than it has been in a while. But yeah, the OL and blocking is atrocious. Rather than GAP control it appears to be more like obstruction for a few moments in hopes the QB gets rid of the football. Anything other than obstruction (a step forward) and the defender walks right around a lot of these guys.

            They come from these college spread offense and barley practice to defend an NFL defense. It's awful. I've kinda given up on drafting them after years of begging for them. I can't find an answer anymore.
            Yup nd then because of the new CBA it pretty hard to drill them enough to get them physical and playing in sync. Flags flying every play in the NFL

            Comment

            Working...
            X