New York Mets 2018 Thread...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York Mets 2018 Thread...

I couldn't find a thread for the 2018 New York Mets season, so I created one here with good news to report for you guys. Congrats.

Jay Bruce returns to Mets on 3-year, $39 million deal

The slow-moving MLB free agent market finally played into the Mets’ favor. Slugger Jay Bruce, who went into the winter looking for an expensive long-term contract, has agreed to terms with the Mets on a three-year deal that will bring him back to Flushing, according to an industry source.

The deal is worth $39 million according to the source, but is pending a physical. The deal calls for Bruce to make $10 million this year and $13 million the next two seasons, according to the source. He gets $3 million as a signing bonus. Read more.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3750327

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    I couldn't find a thread for the 2018 New York Mets season, so I created one here with good news to report for you guys. Congrats.

Jay Bruce returns to Mets on 3-year, $39 million deal

The slow-moving MLB free agent market finally played into the Mets’ favor. Slugger Jay Bruce, who went into the winter looking for an expensive long-term contract, has agreed to terms with the Mets on a three-year deal that will bring him back to Flushing, according to an industry source.

The deal is worth $39 million according to the source, but is pending a physical. The deal calls for Bruce to make $10 million this year and $13 million the next two seasons, according to the source. He gets $3 million as a signing bonus. Read more.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3750327
    Good deal. I kind of expected this.

Comment

I'm not sure what other teams were looking at him - but good news for the Yankees, too.

Comment

I like Jay . I hope he can keep up with the long ball.
        "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

That's where the Mets landed? Bringing back Jay Bruce. Got guys like Hosmer and Moustakas out there and this is the Mets move so far. The small market New York Mets. I hate the Wilpons.
          sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Mets, Adrian Gonzalez agree to deal:

The Mets are adding some insurance at first base.

The Amazin’s have agreed to terms with free agent Adrian Gonzalez pending a physical, a source confirmed to the Daily News.

The veteran first baseman will likely split time at first depending on how much Dominic Smith, a 2013 first-round pick who was a late-season call up in 2017, impresses the Mets.

A five-time All-Star, Gonzalez, 35, compiled a .242/.287/.355 slash line last season and was limited to 71 games due to back injuries with the National League champion Dodgers. When he returned from his injury, NL Rookie of the Year Cody Bellinger had taken over at first base. The injury ended Gonzalez’s streak of playing in at least 150 games at 11 seasons. Read more.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3755763

Comment

Him and Cespedes can discuss their ailments while on the DL.

Hope he can stay healthy.
              "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

With him and Bruce, Cedpedes the lineup could of some pop, conforto coming back in May, could be a nice team
                Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Mets sign Todd Frazier: Two years at 17 million.

The Mets’ protracted search for a final infield piece concluded Monday night with a sprinkle of local flavor.

Todd Frazier, who grew up on the Jersey Shore and spent part of last season with the Yankees, is headed to Flushing on a two-year deal worth $17 million, pending a physical, an industry source confirmed, likely completing the Mets’ lineup heading toward Opening Day.

Frazier, who turns 32 next Monday — the day pitchers and catchers will report to Port St. Lucie for the start of spring training — posted a .213/.344/.428 slash line with 27 homers and 76 RBIs in 147 games last season split between the White Sox and Yankees. He will become the Mets’ starting third baseman, moving Asdrubal Cabrera to second. Read more.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/05/mets-p...gency-for-17m/

Comment

Metties sign Veteran Vargas to sure up rotation.

A good move IMO:

https://nypost.com/2018/02/16/mets-l...otation-depth/

Comment

Mets GM Sandy Alderson says he believes Tim Tebow will play in majors at some point.

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- New York Mets general manager Sandy Alderson has an answer for anyone wondering why Tim Tebow is in the team's major league spring training camp less than two years after he returned to the game after a 12-year absence:

Tebow is going to play in the major leagues and the Mets want to get him there as quickly as possible. Read more.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...-major-leagues

Comment

Mets GM Sandy Alderson says he believes Tim Tebow will play in majors at some point.

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- New York Mets general manager Sandy Alderson has an answer for anyone wondering why Tim Tebow is in the team's major league spring training camp less than two years after he returned to the game after a 12-year absence:

Tebow is going to play in the major leagues and the Mets want to get him there as quickly as possible. Read more.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...-major-leagues

If the Mets did not have this belief. I don't think he would be in the farm system.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

If the Mets did not have this belief. I don't think he would be in the farm system.

I disagree...

He's in the Mets' farm system for publicity and nothing more. How many other 29 year olds get an opportunity to sign a minor league contract when they last played baseball in high school?

PS: He turns 31 in August....... JOKE!!!!

Comment

I disagree...

He's in the Mets' farm system for publicity and nothing more. How many other 29 year olds get an opportunity to sign a minor league contract when they last played baseball in high school?

PS: He turns 31 in August....... JOKE!!!!
                            I try to take the optimist approach.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

I try to take the optimist approach.

Lol, Ok.... Tim Tebow 2020 NL MVP.

Comment

Working...
                              X