New York Mets 2018 Thread...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York Mets 2018 Thread...

I couldn't find a thread for the 2018 New York Mets season, so I created one here with good news to report for you guys. Congrats.

Jay Bruce returns to Mets on 3-year, $39 million deal

The slow-moving MLB free agent market finally played into the Mets’ favor. Slugger Jay Bruce, who went into the winter looking for an expensive long-term contract, has agreed to terms with the Mets on a three-year deal that will bring him back to Flushing, according to an industry source.

The deal is worth $39 million according to the source, but is pending a physical. The deal calls for Bruce to make $10 million this year and $13 million the next two seasons, according to the source. He gets $3 million as a signing bonus. Read more.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3750327

sigpic

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    I couldn't find a thread for the 2018 New York Mets season, so I created one here with good news to report for you guys. Congrats.

Jay Bruce returns to Mets on 3-year, $39 million deal

The slow-moving MLB free agent market finally played into the Mets’ favor. Slugger Jay Bruce, who went into the winter looking for an expensive long-term contract, has agreed to terms with the Mets on a three-year deal that will bring him back to Flushing, according to an industry source.

The deal is worth $39 million according to the source, but is pending a physical. The deal calls for Bruce to make $10 million this year and $13 million the next two seasons, according to the source. He gets $3 million as a signing bonus. Read more.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3750327
    Good deal. I kind of expected this.

Comment

I'm not sure what other teams were looking at him - but good news for the Yankees, too.

Comment

I like Jay . I hope he can keep up with the long ball.
        Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

That's where the Mets landed? Bringing back Jay Bruce. Got guys like Hosmer and Moustakas out there and this is the Mets move so far. The small market New York Mets. I hate the Wilpons.
          sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Mets, Adrian Gonzalez agree to deal:

The Mets are adding some insurance at first base.

The Amazin’s have agreed to terms with free agent Adrian Gonzalez pending a physical, a source confirmed to the Daily News.

The veteran first baseman will likely split time at first depending on how much Dominic Smith, a 2013 first-round pick who was a late-season call up in 2017, impresses the Mets.

A five-time All-Star, Gonzalez, 35, compiled a .242/.287/.355 slash line last season and was limited to 71 games due to back injuries with the National League champion Dodgers. When he returned from his injury, NL Rookie of the Year Cody Bellinger had taken over at first base. The injury ended Gonzalez’s streak of playing in at least 150 games at 11 seasons. Read more.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3755763

sigpic

Comment

Him and Cespedes can discuss their ailments while on the DL.

Hope he can stay healthy.
              Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Working...
              X