No announcement yet.

New York Mets 2018 Thread...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss, bummer. I really thought they would come back tonight, but never even responded after the 3 run homer. Hopefully Noah guides us to another series win tomorrow.
    sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
      Loss, bummer. I really thought they would come back tonight, but never even responded after the 3 run homer. Hopefully Noah guides us to another series win tomorrow.
      Now let see how they respond.
      The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by TEM View Post

Now let see how they respond.
        Yes that's the key. They were going to lose at some point and gave a dud of a game. Face it we were not going 161-1 lol.

The big thing here is do they fall into a slump or prove they are for real and bounce back quickly and reel off another 4/5 in a row
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Loss, bummer. I really thought they would come back tonight, but never even responded after the 3 run homer. Hopefully Noah guides us to another series win tomorrow.
          I didn't see the game... was Harvey bad?

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

I didn't see the game... was Harvey bad?

Harvey just doesn't have the same stuff or anything close to it anymore. He will have good outings, but he needs to be near perfect. He just made some bad pitches last night. The 3 run homer was a killer. It was also an example of his lack of stuff. It wasn't a badly placed pitch, outside corner. Guy went the opposite way and took him out still. However, if his arm is feeling good(which who the hell really knows) he may progress as the season goes along. He was hitting 94 on the gun last night. Despite what you may read, I believe Callaway will stick with him. Although, I think Harvey may actually be better as a bullpen arm and placing Vargas in the rotation when he is ready.
            Last edited by NAVY2323; 04-15-2018, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

Yes that's the key. They were going to lose at some point and gave a dud of a game. Face it we were not going 161-1 lol.

The big thing here is do they fall into a slump or prove they are for real and bounce back quickly and reel off another 4/5 in a row
              I would hope they start another streak . We need continue to win series, that is the main thing to do.
              The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

• Yeah,h\Harvey needs to be in Bullpen. good arm to bring in with guys that are struggling to go into deep innings! Now, we will see what the manager and this team ore made of now after this loss,which is a normal loss,is what it is !LGM!!!

Comment

Maybe the Giants can turn it around in one off season as well. Maybe Shurmur comes out smelling like a Rose lie Callaway has do far.
                  Big Blue needs to feed of our NY teams success's!! hoping our off season acquisitions and hard work will finally make us a winning team again!!

Comment

• Big win took the series. First time in Mets history to open the season with 4 series wins in a row.

Comment

• Thanks Wilmer.

Comment

Big win took the series. First time in Mets history to open the season with 4 series wins in a row.
                        Wouldn't it be 5 Series in a row!!

Won Series 2-1 over St. Louis. 2-0 over Philly. 3-0 over Washington. 3-0 over Florida. 2-1 over Brewers
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE

Comment

• Good series win. Man, nobody looked like they wanted to be out there today. Crazy weather.

Comment

Wouldn't it be 5 Series in a row!!

Won Series 2-1 over St. Louis. 2-0 over Philly. 3-0 over Washington. 3-0 over Florida. 2-1 over Brewers
                            It is 5

Comment

It is 5
                              Keep doing this and we won't be worrying if they will get a playoff spot when they hit August.

Didn't realize they had so many Strikeouts vs Milwaukee.
                              Noah Struck out the side in the 2nd, 3rd & got first 2 in the 5th. So 8 Ks in a row. And Mets BP got 8 more so 16 Strike Outs as a team that's almost 2/3rds of all batters mowed down

4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE

Comment

Harvey just doesn't have the same stuff or anything close to it anymore. He will have good outings, but he needs to be near perfect. He just made some bad pitches last night. The 3 run homer was a killer. It was also an example of his lack of stuff. It wasn't a badly placed pitch, outside corner. Guy went the opposite way and took him out still. However, if his arm is feeling good(which who the hell really knows) he may progress as the season goes along. He was hitting 94 on the gun last night. Despite what you may read, I believe Callaway will stick with him. Although, I think Harvey may actually be better as a bullpen arm and placing Vargas in the rotation when he is ready.
                                Question is... is 94 the best we can expect from him, or was 94 the best we could expect in that crummy weather?
                                Harvey seems to be learning how to live with less gas than before. We'll see how effective he can be. Wheeler seemed to be better. Considering what last year was like, I can't complain so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X