No announcement yet.

New York Mets 2018 Thread...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See how Harvey does in this BP role, did I say something about Cespedes? Love that guy!
    sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
      He's really got to either give Cespedes some days off or drop him in the order. Do something, he's a black hole at that 2 spot right now.
      Well he hit a 3run homer to tie it 4-4

But I get your point. It's either a HR or a K. And maiblm Ks

Man Mets left 2runners on
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Man Harvey can't even get through one inning of relief W/O giving up a run
        took over for struggling wheeler and gives up back to back doubles with 2outs. Mets behind again 5-4
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE

Comment

• So much for the Harvey BP experiment!

Comment

• Metspedes gives me heartburn!

Comment

• Originally posted by tcseacliff View Post
              So much for the Harvey BP experiment!
              When you throw a 93 mph fastball over the middle of the plate, it really doesnt matter if you are the starter or in the bullpen. MLB players pound it.

The only reason he is in the BP is he cant be sent down unless he agrees. I dont blame them for trying BP first, but the only other option is to release him.

He still has no control and no out pitch.

Comment

• That was a nice W, good team win. Solid bullpen work and timely hits.

Comment

• Familia just can't go 3-4 nights in a row. These last 2 nights off were good for him. He loses his control when he goes to often without a beak

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                    Familia just can't go 3-4 nights in a row. These last 2 nights off were good for him. He loses his control when he goes to often without a beak
                    He was good and that was a nice job by Gsselman to get out of 1st and 2nd with no outs in the 9th. He's been really good out of the BP for us. I know I complained about Cespy earlier, but that HR tonight, my lord!

Comment

• Harvey should be bunking with Gesselman! Learn some some ****! Ugly as it was a win is a win! We can deal with another W!

Comment

He was good and that was a nice job by Gsselman to get out of 1st and 2nd with no outs in the 9th. He's been really good out of the BP for us. I know I complained about Cespy earlier, but that HR tonight, my lord!
                        Yes good comeback win down 4-1 and tied then 5-4 and tied and finally Bruce who was key for us all night gets the HR to win it.

Cespedes needs to find so some middle ground and get more RBI singles & Doubles. For him lately it's either a monster HR or a bunch of lStrikeouts

Philly & Atlanta both lost and Philly was only 1/2 game back. Braves down 3-1 & came back. And down 7-3 in 9th and scored 4 to tie but Reds got 2run Homer to win in extra innings

Nats lost their 4th in a row so great overall night for the Mets

That is 10 come back wins this year for the Mets out of 15 total wins
                        Last edited by miked1958; 04-25-2018, 04:21 AM.

4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE

Comment

I've always noticed that Familia's control is off if he's in his 3rd or 4th night in a row. Mostly it's believed the split finger is more effective if your a little tired. Not with Familia. His control is off when he needs a day's rest, and he starts getting behind in the count... that's when he stubbornly throws it over the middle, and he tries to put a bit more on it, and it doesn't sink much at all... just flattens out. When he's fresh, like last night, he'll throw it right down the middle and it drops to the batter's ankles.
                          When those nights come, and Familia needs a rest, I'd try to get 2 out of Gsellman

Comment

• Well thanks to Matz the Mets will try for their 11th come back win of the season.

Had 1-0 lead ( which could of been more but left bases loaded ) then Matz allowed them to load bases twice almost getting out of it but not able to get that 3rd strike giving up two run scoring hits for total of 3runs.

Between all the Starters only Noah & DeGrom have been good. Matz, Wheeler & Harvey have struggled and as a result Harvey in pen

4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE

Comment

• The defense sure isn't helping. It's awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                                The defense sure isn't helping. It's awful.
                                Yep. Now 5-1 and Matz heading for the Showers

4-New York Giants!!!
                                5-NE

Comment

Working...
                                X