No announcement yet.

New York Mets 2018 Thread...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know what you mean, after 45 pitches. But, they never did give deGrom a rest after he initially pulled that elbow. He pitched well, but after that swing at bat supposedly bothered it, they ran an MRI which was negative and then he took his normal turn. He pitched very well, but I think they should have rested it then.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
      I know what you mean, after 45 pitches. But, they never did give deGrom a rest after he initially pulled that elbow. He pitched well, but after that swing at bat supposedly bothered it, they ran an MRI which was negative and then he took his normal turn. He pitched very well, but I think they should have rested it then.
      He went on the 10 day DL and missed a start. Not sure why you are claiming he didnt rest it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

He went on the 10 day DL and missed a start. Not sure why you are claiming he didnt rest it.
        Yeah, thanks for the correction... I got a nice start on 5/5 by Matz mixed up and thought it was deGrom. Glad they gave him a turn off.

Comment

• This team is like Barnum & Bailey s three ring service
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Always enjoyed and respected how Bartolo pitched for us.Wished we had him last year and wishing he was here now, too. There was always something to smile about, like that lone HR he hit for us.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bartolo-col...144438162.html

Comment

• Always liked him. Takes a 102mph FB off his belly and still throws the guy out.

Age 45 and still going
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE

Comment

• http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  Keep dreaming....;-P

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                    Ummmm No
                    "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

• lol...

Why not? We would probably throw in Ellsbury too!
                      http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

• Just the pic of them in that uniform made me throw up in my mouth some.
                        sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
                          Just the pic of them in that uniform made me throw up in my mouth some.
                          Im pretty sure Thor wouldnt look like that in a Yankee uniform...

http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

• BOOOOOOO. Both Seaver and Cone threw their no-no-'s after their Met years. It was hard to see. Cone as a Yankee... BOOOOOO.

Comment

• 3rd win in a row. 3 Game Sweep of AZ who was I think one of the hottest teams to start the year but like the Mets have fallen on hard times. DeGroms last start was just nasty w/13 Ks. 24th time with 10ks or more. 3rd time he has had that many Ks and the last time a Right Hander had that many Ks & no Walks was David Cone in 1991

Noah looked great today and for once he got the win. Took him out in 7th for pinch hitter in 1-1 game. Looked like another ND after a great outing. But for once the O got some runs for him with back to back HRs

4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE

Comment

• 4th win in a row this time 2-0 over Miami. Vargas with a very good outing surprisingly. 24-19 and moved back into 3rd place only 2.5 games out of 1st

4-New York Giants!!!
                                5-NE

Comment

Working...
                                X