No announcement yet.

New York Mets 2018 Thread...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvey looks solid, Noah's healthy, Cespedes quit golfing, Conforto will be back early and Callaway is a breath of fresh air compared to TC. Who knows, Mets could surprise this year. Then again, they bottomed out due to injuries last year and were a playoff team the 2 years before that, so it really might not be that much of a surprise if they are healthy. Either way, season is about to start, LGM!!!!!
    sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Mets legend Rusty Staub dead at 73

Mets great Rusty Staub passed away at 73 early Thursday morning, The Post confirmed.

The Mets asked for prayers earlier this spring, noting that Staub’s health was failing, and that they had been in contact with him.

“The Mets family suffered a loss earlier today when Daniel “Rusty” Staub passed away. The entire organization sends its deepest sympathy to his family. He will be missed by everyone,” the team wrote in a statement Thursday. Read more.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/29/mets-l...ub-dead-at-73/

Comment

I am so sick of the Mets batting the pitcher 8th; it literally makes no sense. The stupid LaRussa theory has never proven to be viable and has only ever hurt the Mets. On Opening Day of all days, just do it the traditional way please. Runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out and instead of Rosario coming to the plate, we have Syndegaard striking out. Ridiculous. So dumb beyond words.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post
          I am so sick of the Mets batting the pitcher 8th; it literally makes no sense. The stupid LaRussa theory has never proven to be viable and has only ever hurt the Mets. On Opening Day of all days, just do it the traditional way please. Runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out and instead of Rosario coming to the plate, we have Syndegaard striking out. Ridiculous. So dumb beyond words.
          Yeah, thats kinda weird.

I got Thor on my fantasy team. Hope he pulls it together this season and stays healthy.

Comment

Dang, if you are going to watch the video of Hernandez talking about Staub have some kleenex on hand. Nice opening day win for Rusty.
            sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

2-0 I'll take it.

only 160 to go!
              sigpic

Comment

It will be, as usual, all about health, and luck. Mwets fans, somehow, deserve a full year with our pitchers staying healthy. I don't know if that's possible.
                Most peeps don't realize that in 2 stops at Shea, Rusty played 9 years for the Mets. He was a solid, underrated player.

Comment

Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                  It will be, as usual, all about health, and luck. Mwets fans, somehow, deserve a full year with our pitchers staying healthy. I don't know if that's possible.
                  Most peeps don't realize that in 2 stops at Shea, Rusty played 9 years for the Mets. He was a solid, underrated player.
                  He certainly was, Zim; I loved Staub. Great player.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

He certainly was, Zim; I loved Staub. Great player.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkvFU8W-GIc

Comment

Heard from Boomer on FAN this AM that the Mets will have 9 games that will not be on TV anywhere... they'll be on FaceBook Live.
                      Huh?
                      That stinks... tomorrow's game with Thor pitching is supposed to be the first... so, if you want to see that game you'll have to check out FB.

Comment

https://nypost.com/2018/04/03/mets-p...hansel-robles/

Oh, god, not Robles.

Comment

Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                          Heard from Boomer on FAN this AM that the Mets will have 9 games that will not be on TV anywhere... they'll be on FaceBook Live.
                          Huh?
                          That stinks... tomorrow's game with Thor pitching is supposed to be the first... so, if you want to see that game you'll have to check out FB.
                          And the next 3 games are at 1:00PM? This is dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
                            Thanks for the link, 3B
                            sigpic

Comment

Harvey look good tonight. 1 hitter over 5 (86 pitches) He best outing in a long time.
                              The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Thanks for the link, 3B

No prob..

Comment

Working...
                                X