Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would Tom Coughlin beating the Patriots with Blake Bortles at QB tell you about Eli Manning?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would tell us nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
      for all the abuse Bortles takes, he's playing pretty well today.
      Not well enough.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Absolutely, but the game changes when the refs calls are 1 sided.
        I don't buy it. I think it is more that the Jags have not been there with this group and the Pats know how to win. I do agree home teams get a good whistle, I just don't think that is the reason why the Jags lost.

Comment

I dont see how this makes it a bad day for "eli haters". The refs lopsidedly called another pats game. Did you see the one ref smiling and laughing after the Pats scored a TD?

Comment

Originally posted by giantofNYC View Post
            Good defense wins championships.

It was NEVER about Eli
            Eli has the CLUTCH gene! That's always going to be the difference. You wonder why no one else can beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl no matter how great the QB or the defense they're playing against or how much lead they have against them.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
              Photo is too small to see but I assume the ref is laughing. So that means there was a conspiracy by the refs to ensure the Pats won? Why would they do that? If you have proof I have an open mind, I am not a Pats fan by any measure.

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post

Eli has the CLUTCH gene! That's always going to be the difference. You wonder why no one else can beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl no matter how great the QB or the defense they're playing against or how much lead they have against them.
                Smarts too, The no huddle in the 4th quarter to counter NEís adjustments.

Comment

If Blake Bortles had goat intangibles like Eli, maybe he would be Eli.

Cool Hand Eli is unmatched in no giving a **** attitude and being cool under every circumstance.

It is a very rare trait that has won him super bowls and Peyton's glaring lack of it cost him super bowls.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post

Photo is too small to see but I assume the ref is laughing. So that means there was a conspiracy by the refs to ensure the Pats won? Why would they do that? If you have proof I have an open mind, I am not a Pats fan by any measure.
                    ThefaultyAnalysis guy talked about a pic and I posted it. Didnít say that it means that there is a conspirency.
                    But you have to wonder why some teams get all the calls.

i remember the holding call on Booth like it was yesterday that negated a big first down in pats territory. Wilfork even admitted that he wasnít held and it as a bs call.

Comment

I dont see how this makes it a bad day for "eli haters". The refs lopsidedly called another pats game. Did you see the one ref smiling and laughing after the Pats scored a TD?
                      Can you give a few examples of these calls?

Thanks

Comment

This Jags team was better overall than every Giant team that Eli had, even though he won 2 SB . And this Patriots team is weaker than both the 07 and 11 Pats so means nothing . Even though Pats are going to win another SB

Comment

the difference was that a QB like Eli can run the offense from under center Bortles isn't there yet and might never be there.

Comment

Originally posted by giantofNYC View Post
                            Good defense wins championships.

It was NEVER about Eli
                            The fact that he didnít says everything

Comment

The Jags were moving the ball all over the field, even into the 3rd quarter. I know NE is known for making half time adjustments but they were getting no pressure on bortles until their Left Tackle was knocked out of the game. Wonder if the outcome would have been different if he still played.

Comment

Working...
                              X